Yes I saw the thread below about the memory leaks and I would have posted this there but I'm headed in a totally different direction.

I waited a few days before I "officially" posted this. I wanted to make sure what I was seeing is real.

For the last two days I have started the day at 52.8mb and at night when I go to bed I am still at 50mb. And that's with extremely heavy use during the evening on the web. I am running quickpull at 5:00 am. Still a decrease of only 3mb a day is incredible.

.148 has the best memory I've seen and I've tried everything from .103 including hybrids. It seems like as it settles in it just gets better everyday.
    05-23-09 11:49 AM
    seems like mine isnt doing that mine is dropping pretty fast on .148 still runs fast though occasional qp and its good.
    05-23-09 11:51 AM
    How are you getting over 50MB on boot? When i first installed .148 I would get around 40-42MB. Now a few days later I only get around 38MB.

I only have 9 third party apps and only quick pull is actually used. Do I need to shrink it?
    05-24-09 11:58 AM
    How are you getting over 50MB on boot? When i first installed .148 I would get around 40-42MB. Now a few days later I only get around 38MB.

I only have 9 third party apps and only quick pull is actually used. Do I need to shrink it?
    I didn't actually use the shrink, I simply went in and deleted whatever unnecessary programs I had on the phone. Once I did this I went from around topping at 32mb to 52mb. If the shrink was available when I did this I wasn't aware.

I would recommend lyricidal's shrink, it's a great way to really reduce the number of programs on your phone that you can't do manually like facebook.
    05-24-09 12:44 PM
    I appreciate your reply. I am obviously noob here...but trying to learn all I can. I don't use the IM programs that come with the Storm from VZW and the programs are not there, but the icons are and it won't let me delete them. Is there a way to expel them with out using the shrink program? The DM does not show them installed when I look there...
    05-24-09 01:13 PM
    I didn't actually use the shrink, I simply went in and deleted whatever unnecessary programs I had on the phone. Once I did this I went from around topping at 32mb to 52mb. If the shrink was available when I did this I wasn't aware.

I would recommend lyricidal's shrink, it's a great way to really reduce the number of programs on your phone that you can't do manually like facebook.
    Hey hook, what was the file that you deleted to gain the most mem? I cant seem to get over 40. only runng zen theme and the apps i have arnt really and issue..
    05-24-09 01:22 PM
    I would suggest to anyone that isn't getting great memory results with .148 to pull the battery 2 times in quick succession.

It may just do the trick.
    05-24-09 01:33 PM
    I'm booting at 44.6 and I've yet to drop under 35 since installing .148/5.0 hybrid. I love this OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD