.148 I loved at the start of running it, but now it's been maybe a little over a week later.... and it just stopped working. My phone started turning to a black screen with the backlight showing and a battery pull was fixing that, but it got progressively worse and now all it does is boot up and you can see the clock and loading bar, but then goes to the black screen again and I cant even get the screen to show anymore. Has anyone else had this issue?
    05-28-09 02:56 PM
    Nope.....148 been working great for me.
    05-28-09 03:04 PM
    Absolutely flewless for me too. Maybe it's the Hybrid in me??!!
    05-28-09 03:06 PM
    Nope.....148 been working great for me.
    It was for me too I loved it, then i installed Pandora and bam....it doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 03:07 PM
    sounds like you need a new phone. ive been using .148 since it came out. heck ive even only have 0.47 MB free and its still running smooth. 8 days and no reboots either.

so yea, i'd see about a new phone, or possibly just reinstalling the OS.
    05-28-09 03:07 PM
    Haven't had any of those issues, just a keyboard lag in the browser.... Using just .148 not a hybrid

05-28-09 03:08 PM
    It was for me too I loved it, then i installed Pandora and bam....it doesn't work.

uninstall Pandora and see if anything changes.
    05-28-09 03:08 PM
    Opra mini keeps locking up on mine. Did the same thing with .141 too.
    05-28-09 03:09 PM
    I can't I tried through DM and it's not letting me.

05-28-09 03:09 PM

you don't have to do it through DM.

go on your phone to options/advance options/applications/ select Pandora and then use you blackberry button for the option to delete it.
    05-28-09 03:13 PM
    you don't have to do it through DM.

go on your phone to options/advance options/applications/ select Pandora and then use you blackberry button for the option to delete it.
    Like I said the screen doesn't show it's just black. (sorry i'm on a terrible internet connection so i am using mobile crackberry on my desktop)
    and of course I know how to do that I'm not stupid
    05-28-09 03:16 PM
    Like I said the screen doesn't show it's just black. (sorry i'm on a terrible internet connection so i am using mobile crackberry on my desktop)
    and of course I know how to do that I'm not stupid
    This very well maybe a hardware problem. It may be just coincidence that your screen is going out. It is hard to say what to do if you can't see anything. You may have to take it to Verizon.
    05-28-09 03:19 PM
    .148 actually got better for me after time, but like said before seems you need to return your phone.
    05-28-09 03:22 PM
    well I'm going to downgrade to .75 to see if that helps. I'll post my results when it's done. Also, I hope it's not hardware because it has been perfect up until then and I've had it since December.

05-28-09 03:26 PM
    This very well maybe a hardware problem. It may be just coincidence that your screen is going out. It is hard to say what to do if you can't see anything. You may have to take it to Verizon.
    The only problem I have with what you said is wouldn't it be black even on startup if it was a hardware failure?

05-28-09 03:38 PM
    148 has been the best for me also. Went from 75 to 122 to 148.

05-28-09 03:39 PM
    I still have .75 and I am on my second Storm because of the exact same issue as tghockey07. I installed Slacker on my first Storm and after rebooting my screen went black with the backlight on. I attempted to uninstall Slacker through DM and still all I got was the black screen. I wiped the phone and still had the problem. This is a hardware issue with the phone. I even worked with Verizon tech support and they wound up replacing the phone.
    05-28-09 03:47 PM
    you do realize that running the phone over with the car doesn't upgrade the software...?
    05-28-09 03:48 PM
    The only problem I have with what you said is wouldn't it be black even on startup if it was a hardware failure?

Not necessarily. My first storm would boot up fine until I got to the home screen and when I would click. The screen would go black. It would do this every time I clicked. But try to downgrade. You just never really know. I say you make it back to .75 and still have that problem then will know for sure.
    05-28-09 03:49 PM
    I still have .75 and I am on my second Storm because of the exact same issue as tghockey07. I installed Slacker on my first Storm and after rebooting my screen went black with the backlight on. I attempted to uninstall Slacker through DM and still all I got was the black screen. I wiped the phone and still had the problem. This is a hardware issue with the phone. I even worked with Verizon tech support and they wound up replacing the phone.
    Could you see the white boot up screen with the clock though?

05-28-09 03:49 PM
    you do realize that running the phone over with the car doesn't upgrade the software...?
    haha what about with a bike? haha jk

05-28-09 03:50 PM

All you have to do is a wipe with jl_cmder and reinstall software, if this dosn't work then it probably a hardware issue.
    Hope that works for you.

05-28-09 03:53 PM
    where can I get jl_cmdr I can't find where I put it last time I downloaded it?

JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility
    05-28-09 04:39 PM
    It's showing up now with .75, but the whole screen is scrambling now.

05-28-09 04:40 PM
    Ok at first the screen went crazy and the black after wiping then .75 so I pulled the battery and restarted and its working and even booted up at 58.3 mb!

05-28-09 05:24 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD