... or lack thereof.

Apparently attributable directly to .148 is the fact that for the first time since purchasing the Storm in January, I have gone eight days without doing a single battery pull, simulated or otherwise. Was actually beginning to wonder how long the battery cover was going to stand up to the daily two or three pulls necessary to keep even .122, which was previously the most stable on this device, running smoothly.

Looks like the Storm battery cover business may shortly be in need of a bailout ...
    05-30-09 08:01 AM
    Right on brother.. just wait until 5.0 arrives!
    05-30-09 08:09 AM
    .148 has been great for me. Though i still reset the device about every 2 days. Its just a bad habit now, not a necessity
    05-30-09 08:38 AM
    .148 has been great for me. Though i still reset the device about every 2 days. Its just a bad habit now, not a necessity
    Yeah, feel your pain ... reached back there a time or two myself during the past week, simply out of reflex action.

While I completely understand the why's and wherefores, IMO it really didn't take that much foresight to look through the device's initial problems and see the possibilities ... a crying shame the load of bad press the Storm has received simply for the lack of a stable OS.

All that slobbering in the public trough has left a bad impression ...
    05-30-09 08:55 AM
    Didn't realize people actually still did battery pulls with Quickpull out there.
    05-30-09 08:57 AM
    Didn't realize people actually still did battery pulls with Quickpull out there.
    Actually, Quickpull didn't work all that well on my device, mainly due to the unresponsiveness of the OS by the time you needed it ... go figure.

I'll give it another a try, in a week or two.
    05-30-09 09:02 AM
    Day 10 without a batt pull or random reboot! Still holding at 40mb too! Getting a little boring!;-)
    05-30-09 09:06 AM
    Speaking of quickpull of on .148 (I used to have it but switched to the meterberry one), my storm went to do it's automatic reset this morning at 5 am and I woke up at 9 to find that it said "Some-number App reset" ...or something along those lines, i did just wake up. I've never had this happen before, ever, and I was wondering if anyone knew away to find out if metterberry caused this or perhaps myverizon or stoptilt (I just installed these two apps earlier this week) caused this?
    05-30-09 09:10 AM
    Speaking of quickpull of on .148 (I used to have it but switched to the meterberry one), my storm went to do it's automatic reset this morning at 5 am and I woke up at 9 to find that it said "Some-number App reset" ...or something along those lines, i did just wake up. I've never had this happen before, ever, and I was wondering if anyone knew away to find out if metterberry caused this or perhaps myverizon or stoptilt (I just installed these two apps earlier this week) caused this?
    Something similar - using Meterberry as well (do not have stoptilt installed). Auto reboot from Meterberry and my phone was sitting with screen on and "Sim Card Installed" message displayed. Tried to clear it, pressing any button just displayed the "Verizon Wireless" boot-up banner. Tried to shut it down and just showed message that it was shutting down, press any key to abort. Had to do battery pull to get the phone to restart. I'm running .148 hybrid, also have QuickLaunch 2 on phone (only other recent change to my phone).
    05-30-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD