06-04-09 06:11 PM
77 ... 234
tools
    Fair enough. I'll be first up to announce myself as a new-bie. And I've certainly scrutinized this issue (guilty as charged - pun intended). So... Let's completely discount my experience. Let me ask you a point blank question:

Do you believe there is sufficient evidence expressed by users to suggest there is a battery problem since the upgrade to .148?

Yes? or No?

Doekim

my friend and i have established our phones as "stable"...he works for VZW and tests. neither of our devices have had any change in battery...however, some charge cycles will last us longer than others. we both frequently let the phone fully die before charging, just to see how long it goes. results vary due to usage, temperature, and what we used to charge...so i think what is happening is that people are starting to watch it like a hawk, they get a bad cycle, and freak out.

granted some people DO have issues, but i doubt that the OS will impact battery life that much that you'd notice unless your network connectivity was fracked....then it would be an OS issue. that's the only legitimate reason i can see an OS being a battery drain.

if you live on fringe network, you're gonna experience the network flux anyway, so battery life shouldn't change.
    06-04-09 06:06 PM
    Is your mobile network set to 1XEV or Global? Apps loaded?
    Set to "Automatic" and "Global".

I run Facebook, Google Maps, Flickr, Slacker Mobile, tetherberry, and youtube. I keep all of them off unless I am using them (fb is on all the time.)
    Worked good for me again today. I am very happy with battery life on this upgrade.
    06-04-09 06:11 PM
77 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD