Can someone please tell me the best os i can get for my storm 9530?
    05-29-09 02:04 PM
    Can someone please tell me the best os i can get for my storm 9530?
    That's subjective I suppose, but .148 has just been approved. And from what those who have used the leak say, it is the best.
    05-29-09 02:06 PM
    *shiver*

I love when Big Red pokes me...

giggity...
    05-29-09 02:08 PM
    If we check for the update via our phone will it be visible to us (even if our number doesn't end in 0 and we're running a leaked, non 148 OS)?
    No. If you are running the Leaked .148 OS you already have the version they will be releasing. If you download it to you PC and try to install it, you'll be told there is nothing to install because you already have it! Relax. You're ahead of the game. this was all played out when .75 came out and those of us who had installed the Leaked .75 didn't get any notifications and there was nothing we needed to do!

There is NO difference between the Leaked .148 Os and what verizon is going to push out.

Now there are those who will say the vendor.html is different and that's true, but of no consequence as an update issue.
    05-29-09 02:09 PM
    That's subjective I suppose, but .148 has just been approved. And from what those who have used the leak say, it is the best.
    Thanks man i've been reading forums all day and i'm sick of it aha im running .122 right now an d im just sick of the leggyness of it all and i just want my dream phone to run good aha
    No. If you are running the Leaked .148 OS you already have the version they will be releasing. If you download it to you PC and try to install it, you'll be told there is nothing to install because you already have it! Relax. You're ahead of the game. this was all played out when .75 came out and those of us who had installed the Leaked .75 didn't get any notifications and there was nothing we needed to do!

There is NO difference between the Leaked .148 Os and what verizon is going to push out.

Now there are those who will say the vendor.html is different and that's true, but of no consequence as an update issue.
    Note: I said non .148 leaked OS.
    I'm a BES user so installing the leaked version isn't really an option for me. Will I still get a poke? DM doesn't show any updates for me yet. My phone number ends in 0.
    05-29-09 02:11 PM
    Thanks man i've been reading forums all day and i'm sick of it aha im running .122 right now an d im just sick of the leggyness of it all and i just want my dream phone to run good aha
    I feel ya. I just installed it(leaked version) an hour ago, and it's a night and day difference. awesome
    05-29-09 02:12 PM
    Verizon Wireless to Offer 4.7.0.148 Firmware for BlackBerry Storm
    Today, 12:36 PM by Eric M. Zeman updated Today, 2:05 PM

Today Verizon Wireless said that it will be offering the 4.7.0.148 firmware build for the BlackBerry Storm on Sunday, May 31. Interested users can download it directly from Research In Motion starting at 3PM EST on May 31, or wait for the over-the-air download, which will be pushed out starting at 10 PM EST Sunday evening. This is the first official update from Verizon Wireless for the BlackBerry Storm since December 2008, when it pushed out 4.7.0.76. Verizon didn't specify what the firmware update will fix or alter on the Storm.
    05-29-09 02:13 PM
    DM know the difference between "leaked" and "official" and it will stamp the "official" 148 as recommended. So there is something different. Granted, it's only superficial but I want that one. So I'll just wait.
    05-29-09 02:15 PM
    Check with your it dept but should be good to go on the 31st after 10 PM

I'm a BES user so installing the leaked version isn't really an option for me. Will I still get a poke? DM doesn't show any updates for me yet. My phone number ends in 0.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 02:15 PM
    Verizon Wireless to Offer 4.7.0.148 Firmware for BlackBerry Storm
    Today, 12:36 PM by Eric M. Zeman updated Today, 2:05 PM

Today Verizon Wireless said that it will be offering the 4.7.0.148 firmware build for the BlackBerry Storm on Sunday, May 31. Interested users can download it directly from Research In Motion starting at 3PM EST on May 31, or wait for the over-the-air download, which will be pushed out starting at 10 PM EST Sunday evening. This is the first official update from Verizon Wireless for the BlackBerry Storm since December 2008, when it pushed out 4.7.0.76. Verizon didn't specify what the firmware update will fix or alter on the Storm.
    Verizon pushed out .75 not .76, that guy should check his facts.

Does anyone know if .148 always prompts you that you have SIM Card inserted on boot up like most of the other leaks? (I took mine out so I don't know)
    05-29-09 02:17 PM
    I feel ya. I just installed it(leaked version) an hour ago, and it's a night and day difference. awesome
    Do you have a link?
    05-29-09 02:17 PM
    WOW! its about damn time this $hit comes out. dont get me wrong i like and d/l all the leaks but finally its an OFFICIAL OS coming!

im on .141 right now so im stoked to upgrade once again and see if its any faster
    05-29-09 02:22 PM
    Do you have a link?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-231483/

or you can wait till Sun. The official version will be available from Blackberry
    05-29-09 02:23 PM
    My DM definitely shows it:

Unless it is reading it off the laptop .... although didn't see if before?
    That is the leak installed locally.

See how .75 still say's it is Preferred? (latest official)
    05-29-09 02:24 PM
    If I wiped my phone and reloaded stock
    .75 from the desktop manager will I recieve the poke?
    05-29-09 02:25 PM
    It is mobile number not pin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bummer - mine ends in 8. Will I still be able to see the DM update before the poke based on mobile number?
    or you can wait till Sun. The official version will be available from Blackberry[/QUOTE]

Does it work for telus?
    Where did you find this? Please share.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ju...friend-236583/
    05-29-09 02:28 PM

That's because you have it installed on your PC and in your device.

Preferred is .75 check it......
    That is the leak installed locally.

See how .75 still say's it is Preferred? (latest official)
    Well butter my **** and call me a biscuit.

Makes sense ... Thanks!

Wow...I can't wait to get home and boot up my computer...and open my DM. I stood in line the day the Storm was released back in November to get this piece of crap and have been patiently waiting for an official release ever since .75 because I didn't want to void the warranty.

Hopefully I will be upgraded tonight...
    Wow...I can't wait to get home and boot up my computer...and open my DM. I stood in line the day the Storm was released back in November to get this piece of crap and have been patiently waiting for an official release ever since .75 because I didn't want to void the warranty.

Hopefully I will be upgraded tonight...
    Nothing is getting pushed until Sunday.....Sorry

That attachment you saw was misdirection.....

Check it.
    05-29-09 02:30 PM
    Nothing is getting pushed until Sunday.....Sorry

That attachment you saw was misdirection.....

Check it.
    bummer - but will the DM have it on Sunday regardless of our phone number?
    05-29-09 02:31 PM
462 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD