So you thought the "My VZW rep told me...." threads were bad....just wait...how many "is the official and the leaked .148 OS's the same?? If so, why are all the numbers different??" threads will be started...LMAO...
    I hope you know I was kidding. I just couldn't help myself.
    05-29-09 04:30 PM
    So there's an official version 1111? Cool.
    05-29-09 04:31 PM
    BIGGEST QUESTION? What radio code will the official release be on???
    Last edited by MRoshanski; 05-29-09 at 04:41 PM.
    05-29-09 04:34 PM
    Got the BES email to update!

EQUIPMENT SOFTWARE ALERT
    BlackBerry Storm � MR2 Software Release
    Overview: New software has been approved for the RIM Blackberry Storm 9530 available effective 5/31/2009; MR2 (Version 4.7.0.148)
    Important Reminder: Direct Communication stores do not support software upgrades of advanced devices.
    Resolution: Existing customers looking to be upgraded have 3 options available:
    • Over-the-Air Software Loading (OTASL) - Customers will be pushed/poked starting 5/31 any time after 7 pm PST
    • Web based Software Loading (WebSL) - Access on 5/31 any time after 12 pm PST
    • Desktop Manager Software Loading - Access on 6/3 any time after 5 pm PST
    05-29-09 04:35 PM
    I hope you know I was kidding. I just couldn't help myself.
    Oh I know you were kidding...sorry that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular...I was just reading through all the pages and couldn't help but get a good laugh when moviemogul posted that...I was thinking the exact same thing when I came across his post...and actually hadn't made it to the end of the posts yet when I "quoted" his and made my comment...it's just coincidence tha it was posted right under yours...LoL
    05-29-09 04:36 PM
    BIGGEST QUESTION? What radio code will the official release be on???

gay white characters
    05-29-09 04:37 PM
    the v-cast software was updated recently. did you get the new version?

and leaked OS doesn't void warantee, its just unsupported. those techs are n00bs.

trust patches, for he is wise...
    And yet you don't work for Vzw

Yet u are correct it is unsupported which voids the warranty in that we won't service storms with leaked os's till the user downgrades assuming they still can. Semantics.. Go figure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 04:38 PM
    So you thought the "My VZW rep told me...." threads were bad....just wait...how many "is the official and the leaked .148 OS's the same?? If so, why are all the numbers different??" threads will be started...LMAO...
    They beat ya to it. There's a 3-page thread already.

Geez....

05-29-09 04:44 PM
    ustomers NOT on the original approved 4.7.0.75 rev will NOT receive the Poke.(example any non approved software) They may download manually via Web SL( Directly from BB website) starting Sunday May 31 at 10 pm or Desktop manager from VZW.com starting June 3rd.
    Availability sched is as follows:
    This will be an 11 day process as we have 1.2 million customers on BIS and 500,000 customers on BES.(BES administrators will receive Poke on Sunday 5/31 @10 p.m.Customers on BES will need to check with their IT as to when they will receive Poke)
    The Poke will start on Sunday 5/31 at 10 p.m. eastern time.
    MTN's ending in 0 will start the process and move up in numbers over the 11 days.
    This rev will take 19 to 24 minutes to complete depending on options selected, however it can take up to 2 hours depending on service area.
    How do you get the OTA wireless upgrade?
    Website will be updated sortly to show rev 148
    BlackBerry Handheld Software - Over-The-Air Software Loading (OTASL

Well I thought it started at 3 PM EST
    05-29-09 04:46 PM
    Well I thought it started at 3 PM EST
    You're confused. Leaks happen at 3AM Eastern.

05-29-09 04:49 PM
    I'm glad for the peeps who now have an official OS whether they can't load a leak or don't want to or whatever.

But i gotta be honest here, and sorry to go off topic, but i just read thru all 16 pages of this and i am amazed at how many times the same **** was asked and answered over and over. And over. Does anybody read before they ask questions?? All of my questions were answered on the first couple of pages. AND THIS IS PAGE 16!!

This is why i mostly just hang out in the Rants/Raves and Owners lounge. For the love of sweet God in heaven people...READ!

K I'm done now.

EDIT...it was page 16 when i started typing

Well some people will rather not waist a good hour of their time reading through X amount of pages in a thread
    05-29-09 04:50 PM
    They beat ya to it. There's a 3-page thread already.

Geez....

Yes, I just now saw this thread that you speak of wise one...LoL

I continue to be confused...LoL
    05-29-09 04:51 PM
    Well some people will rather not waist a good hour of their time reading through X amount of pages in a thread
    Took me 15 minutes. Literally.

And I'm at work.

05-29-09 04:53 PM
    You're confused. Leaks happen at 3AM Eastern.

Naw im pretty sure it said 3 PM EST on Adams blog...silly girl jk jk jk
    05-29-09 04:54 PM
    Yes, I just now saw this thread that you speak of wise one...LoL

I continue to be confused...LoL
    *blushes*

Wise, i am not.

But i can read

05-29-09 04:57 PM
    And yet you don't work for Vzw

Yet u are correct it is unsupported which voids the warranty in that we won't service storms with leaked os's till the user downgrades assuming they still can. Semantics.. Go figure

Supported vs. warranty are two different things. Warranty is for physical defects. Even if I have a leaked os, if the phone is physically broken due to poor workmanship, they will replace it.

If I call in to tech support and ask about software issues and I'm on a leaked os, they have no obligation to help me. But then on the same call if I say the screen doesn't click in the corners, they will service under warranty.

I have never seen a post about denied a warranty claim due to a leaked os.
    05-29-09 05:09 PM
    Verizon Wireless to Offer 4.7.0.148 Firmware for BlackBerry Storm
    Today, 12:36 PM by Eric M. Zeman updated Today, 2:05 PM

Today Verizon Wireless said that it will be offering the 4.7.0.148 firmware build for the BlackBerry Storm on Sunday, May 31. Interested users can download it directly from Research In Motion starting at 3PM EST on May 31, or wait for the over-the-air download, which will be pushed out starting at 10 PM EST Sunday evening. This is the first official update from Verizon Wireless for the BlackBerry Storm since December 2008, when it pushed out 4.7.0.76. Verizon didn't specify what the firmware update will fix or alter on the Storm.
    Fact checking works wonders
    05-29-09 05:11 PM
    Well some people will rather not WAIST a good hour of their time reading through X amount of pages in a thread
    Sorry to those I have offended I did not choose the correct word...I did not mean WAIST i meant SPEND
    Sorry Again
    05-29-09 05:17 PM
    So wait, I just downloaded .148 leak for nothing?
    ...lol
    05-29-09 05:18 PM
    Someone posted congrats to the patient ones....i say, suckers you could have had a better OS sooner if you had installed a leak or hybrid.
    Big deal guys..this .148 isnt going to be any different than what has been leaked, and improved upon as a Hybrid.
    So, enjoy your improved OS....the rest of us will are already beyond .148
    05-29-09 07:25 PM
    Someone posted congrats to the patient ones....i say, suckers you could have had a better OS sooner if you had installed a leak or hybrid.
    Big deal guys..this .148 isnt going to be any different than what has been leaked, and improved upon as a Hybrid.
    So, enjoy your improved OS....the rest of us will are already beyond .148
    I wouldn't say suckers c'mon. Some of us can't due to BES & IT Policiy, so for us patient ones, let us enjoy it!
    05-29-09 07:31 PM
    Just a question for the future: I'm currently running Lyric .148/5.0 hybrid and I was wondering that if 5.0 comes out for the Storm (in a few months or so), could I downgrade to an official OS and then upgrade to 5.0?
    05-29-09 07:33 PM
    Just a question for the future: I'm currently running Lyric .148/5.0 hybrid and I was wondering that if 5.0 comes out for the Storm (in a few months or so), could I downgrade to an official OS and then upgrade to 5.0?
    yes you can
    05-29-09 07:35 PM
    I wouldn't say suckers c'mon. Some of us can't due to BES & IT Policiy, so for us patient ones, let us enjoy it!
    Ok...I stand corrected for only issues related to BES and IT Policy (forgot about that as I too have a work BB and am limited in what I can do).

Everyone/anyone else...statement sticks !!
    05-29-09 07:40 PM
    Ok...I stand corrected for only issues related to BES and IT Policy (forgot about that as I too have a work BB and am limited in what I can do).

Everyone/anyone else...statement sticks !!

what about Mac users?
    05-29-09 07:46 PM
462 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD