thank goodness......no more whining!
    I doubt the whining will end. We'll see on Monday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 03:59 PM
    im impatient, so i downloaded a leaked copy and installed it. wifes phone gets it when she gets home tonight
    05-30-09 04:03 PM
    So what are u using to wipe your phone? I'd love to wipe my phone but not a chance.
    WHAT! Sorry, english please as I cant understand what you are saying. As I said before, it is ALMOST ALWAYS better to wipe it clean and do a fresh install whether you are talking about a BB or a computer.
    05-30-09 04:32 PM
    YES! Now we can complain about overpriced and crappy apps!!! Whoop Whoop
    05-30-09 04:36 PM
    Is the official .148 the same as the leaked .148?
    What is a poke?
    What is a smartphone?
    Why does it hurt when I pee?

This thread = fail

05-30-09 04:46 PM
    scared? Nah, Im sure it will entertaining. "help I lost my browser" "my battery life sucks" "Im getting an error updating" and so on and so on. Im sure there will be allot of threads started about simple things. So maybe someone should start a thread that says:

For All Of You That Just Updated Your OS to the Official .148 Release Please Click Here for the Help You Need.

oh. I'm not really scared. that's the problem with the internet. you cant hear the slight sarcasm in one's voice! Of course I could have put a <sarcasm> tag on it.
    Actually, I'm very excited! It's about time this is happening... as I sat in the car today waiting for an eternity for everything to switch for landscape to portrait mode, I was ready to smash the thing. But the day will soon be upon us!
    05-30-09 04:47 PM
    love yur avitar, Captain! MXC!!!

the hurting when you pee will be fixed when the new firmware is released, sunday/monday/tues/
    05-30-09 04:48 PM
    thank goodness......no more whining!
    HAHAHA!! Now that's funny!!! The whiner's will continue whining.

So what are u using to wipe your phone? I'd love to wipe my phone but not a chance.

JL_Cmder is one way .
    05-30-09 05:04 PM
    Nope that doesn't give u a clean slate. I'm looking for app that wipes your storm and gives u a cleanslate. Guess its time to askpatches what that magic pill is.
    HAHAHA!! Now that's funny!!! The whiner's will continue whining.

JL_Cmder is one way .
    05-30-09 05:13 PM
    For those that have never used the Desktop Manager to upgrade your OS:

My Lessons Learned:

1) As a first step - Go to your browser ->menu key->options-> cache Operations->clear history and all caches.

2) The DM does all the work but in my experience it takes about an hour - make sure you have plenty of time. Your device will be backed up in the process, OS loaded and then restored.

3) I am on a BES - I keep my phone connected to the computer on the corporate network during the whole process. In my experience the BES administrator did not have to reactivate my device when I kept my phone plugged in until it was 100% activated.

4) Be patient during the process - at times the phone screen will go bright white..you will see the little clock icon at times...a blue bar will go across the edge....you may think the process has frozen...be patient.

5) When the phone restarts you will get some screens re-introducing you to your phone. When you get back to the home screen you should see an activation icon with a percent shown. This may take a while to get started and again may appear to be frozen. Give it time. If you select the icon you can see all the items and their activation status. Its is very much like waiting for water to boil....sometimes its best to walk away.

6) After the phone is 100% activated. I suggest a battery pull - you will see many post prescribing that as a fix to OS upgrade issues. Go ahead and get it over with.

7) After the phone is activated. Dial *288 do option 1. Then again dial *288 and do option 2.

8) 3rd party apps that gave required a registration code when bought will ask again the for the codes - have a list ready to go and start the apps so you can reload all your codes at once. Log into your Crackberry Software account to find your activation codes.

9) Most software settings are restored along with your 3rd party apps. weather apps or local news apps may need your zip codes again.

I would recommend using the Desktop Manager rather than the OTA. Why compete for all that wireless bandwidth with a million other users?

. 148 has been a good OS for me. Glad to see it become "official". If you still are not pleased with the Storm after installing .148 I would take a serious look at the 3rd party apps on your Storm. Not all apps are created equal.

Good luck with your upgrade.
    05-30-09 05:29 PM
    No Matter How You Look at it; a YUGO is still a YUGO.
    Last edited by savjr; 05-30-09 at 05:55 PM.
    05-30-09 05:51 PM
    Is the official .148 the same as the leaked .148?
    What is a poke?
    What is a smartphone?
    Why does it hurt when I pee?

This thread = fail

The leak is the same as the official (except for the vendor.xml file which is irrelevant)
    A poke is like a text message (maybe with a link) telling you an OS upgrade is available.
    A Smartphone is your Storm or any other BB. It's like the platform that it operates on (as opposed to Windows Mobile or Palm).
    It hurts when you pee because you did too much poking when you had a dumbphone.

Grey
    05-30-09 06:01 PM
    Is it true that .148 has flick scrolling? My Aunt told me RIM added it at the last moment.

05-30-09 06:14 PM
    nooo, thats .149
    05-30-09 06:15 PM
    No Matter How You Look at it; a YUGO is still a YUGO.

The storm is not a bad phone. I think people just expect everything the same as the iPhone. The storm does not = the iPhone and the iPhone does not = the storm.

I prefer the storm over any touch screen so far...

and I have owned a few of them...

However I want a qwerty so my storm will turn into my weekend warrior device
    05-30-09 07:31 PM
    Is it true that .148 has flick scrolling? My Aunt told me RIM added it at the last moment.

Your Aunt is wrong..........

I know this because my Uncle's 2nd cousin's little sister's babydaddy Zeus's pitbull's puppies told me that flick scrolling didn't come along until .151 (or the puppies may have just drank too much 151, i'm not sure......) *LOL*
    05-30-09 08:09 PM
    For those that have never used the Desktop Manager to upgrade your OS:

My Lessons Learned:

1) As a first step - Go to your browser ->menu key->options-> cache Operations->clear history and all caches.

2) The DM does all the work but in my experience it takes about an hour - make sure you have plenty of time. Your device will be backed up in the process, OS loaded and then restored.

3) I am on a BES - I keep my phone connected to the computer on the corporate network during the whole process. In my experience the BES administrator did not have to reactivate my device when I kept my phone plugged in until it was 100% activated.

4) Be patient during the process - at times the phone screen will go bright white..you will see the little clock icon at times...a blue bar will go across the edge....you may think the process has frozen...be patient.

5) When the phone restarts you will get some screens re-introducing you to your phone. When you get back to the home screen you should see an activation icon with a percent shown. This may take a while to get started and again may appear to be frozen. Give it time. If you select the icon you can see all the items and their activation status. Its is very much like waiting for water to boil....sometimes its best to walk away.

6) After the phone is 100% activated. I suggest a battery pull - you will see many post prescribing that as a fix to OS upgrade issues. Go ahead and get it over with.

7) After the phone is activated. Dial *288 do option 1. Then again dial *288 and do option 2.

8) 3rd party apps that gave required a registration code when bought will ask again the for the codes - have a list ready to go and start the apps so you can reload all your codes at once. Log into your Crackberry Software account to find your activation codes.

9) Most software settings are restored along with your 3rd party apps. weather apps or local news apps may need your zip codes again.

I would recommend using the Desktop Manager rather than the OTA. Why compete for all that wireless bandwidth with a million other users?

. 148 has been a good OS for me. Glad to see it become "official". If you still are not pleased with the Storm after installing .148 I would take a serious look at the 3rd party apps on your Storm. Not all apps are created equal.

Good luck with your upgrade.
    Thanks for that info.
    Greatly appreciated. I will be upgrading tomorrow night...
    Im gonna have to come up with another tagline for my sig.
    Who the **** cares about the OS after this?
    05-30-09 08:12 PM
    ok but will TMO or ATT users be able to do over the air even if there not from VZW?
    05-30-09 08:35 PM
    ok but will TMO or ATT users be able to do over the air even if there not from VZW?
    I would think not, since it is Verizon sending the pokes and OTA.
    05-30-09 08:38 PM
    I would think not, since it is Verizon sending the pokes and OTA.
    but if you the wireless update OTA manual on settings with .75 can u still do it is my question?
    05-30-09 08:39 PM
    A little confused about this...I keep hearing 10PM as the software online download time but 3PM is what the original announcement was...any real word?
    05-30-09 08:47 PM
    Nope that doesn't give u a clean slate. I'm looking for app that wipes your storm and gives u a cleanslate. Guess its time to askpatches what that magic pill is.

Have you tried JL Cmder?
    05-30-09 08:52 PM
    but if you the wireless update OTA manual on settings with .75 can u still do it is my question?
    Again, I wouldn't think so, because you aren't on Verizon. I am assuming it will give you an error message or tell you there are no updates available. On top of that, if you tried to update OTA (if it could even be done), you wouldn't be able to remove the vendor file, which you have to do if you are on a different carrier.
    05-30-09 08:57 PM
    A little confused about this...I keep hearing 10PM as the software online download time but 3PM is what the original announcement was...any real word?
    I think you can start downloading it from their website at 3pm, but the OTA option won't be available until 10pm. I think that's what I read the first time... I would have to go back and look at the announcement again.
    05-30-09 08:58 PM
    I think you can start downloading it from their website at 3pm, but the OTA option won't be available until 10pm. I think that's what I read the first time... I would have to go back and look at the announcement again.
    Yeah. I'll have to look back again (unless some kind soul doesn't mind repeating the info here). I'm not clear on the times either.

I'm not a patient person when it comes to things like this! I want it as soon as it's officially available somewhere! Thanks!
    05-30-09 09:13 PM
462 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD