I think so...according to what I've read you won't get the icon on your home screen that says "update available" if you're not running .75, but you can still go to Options | Advanced | Wireless Updates, "Check for Updates".
    and i dont have to wait till a certain day correct?

that schedule thing seems to just be for people who dont really stay in a loop so verizon can not have their Servers die in two minutes at 10PM on sunday.
    05-30-09 10:45 AM
    and i dont have to wait till a certain day correct?

that schedule thing seems to just be for people who dont really stay in a loop so verizon can not have their Servers die in two minutes at 10PM on sunday.
    Correct. If you are running .75, you'll get the "poke" (the update icon on your homescreen) on the appropriate day based on your phone's serial number (IMEI Number or something, I read it somewhere but don't remember now). But the "Check for Updates" button will bypass that. Again, according to what I've read here.
    05-30-09 10:48 AM
    You might wanna read up on it if your going to quote it.
    Magnuson-Moss Act

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have read it. I do understand it. I have used it twice, both times the dispute ended within a few minutes after mentioning it. Once against Harley-Davidson. No, it does not only apply to automotive products.

I assure you, if an unauthorized OS was installed and dust was collecting under the screen there is no way VZW would win a dispute to void the warranty. Regardless of what it says in the warranty the installed OS has nothing to do with a mechanically defective device and a blanket statement of this type in the warranty is one of the very reasons MM was crafted.

Random reboots, lock ups, slow operation, typing lag, battery pulls required often to restore satisfactory operation? LOL, they might even lose that one too because it can be proven that the approved OS has the very same problems. It would be impossible for VZW to prove that the unauthorized OS is the reason for operational problems unless the problem was UNIQUE and NEVER reported in the authorized version. If that were true they then could void the warranty based on the installed OS but if you reverted their action may not be sustained since they'd have to prove that the OS damaged the unit. Since this is impossible I suspect that's why we've not heard of anyone getting their warranty voided.

If I was VZW I'd be more worried about a class action than I would be unauthorized OS's. If it were not for leaks they and RIM would already have a lawsuit over the Storm I'd bet. It sure looks like the threat of possible action and a loss on the GPS disabling issue on the Storm got their attention.

Also, it's a lot easier to get a MM action going than most people think. Just mentioning it is usually all it takes but the FTC is more than happy to help the average guy bring an action so you really don't need to get a lawyer and seldom do. It's far too costly for the manufacturer to continue on a case where they know they're violating the law. That's why people who challenge a certain manufacturer well known to threaten to void warranties prevail in most all cases. What they count on is people not having the 'stuff' that their fathers and mothers had and in most cases they're correct. So there's nothing wrong with MM, there's something wrong with the whimps who knuckle under to the 'man' and take it up the kazoo.
    Last edited by Wrenchman9; 05-30-09 at 12:39 PM.
    05-30-09 12:26 PM
    I have to retract my earlier statement. I will not be going back to .113. For those of you who said that you CANT get early via the DM are WRONG!!. I downgraded to .75 last night and erased the leaked version of .148 from my computer. I reset my computer, plugged in my Storm, loaded the DM and the OFFICIAL update was on there. FUTHERMORE, there IS a difference between the leaked OS and the official OS. I had A LOT of problems with the leaked version (especially memory leaks) and have had NO problems since i got the official version. My advice to those who have the leaked version is to DELETE it and follow what I did last night. This is actually a smooth OS. Too bad it took them SIX MONTHS!!!

you figured out "patches' solution to fix **** on your phone"

clear it all and start fresh
    05-30-09 01:04 PM
    Omg the whining will it ever stop. Tomorrow cb should b on lock down. There will b lotsa moaning goingon

05-30-09 01:08 PM
    you figured out "patches' solution to fix **** on your phone"

clear it all and start fresh
    so fresh and so clean clean clean.........

just like when you load a new OS on your computer it is better to start with a clean slate.
    05-30-09 01:11 PM
    Omg the whining will it ever stop. Tomorrow cb should b on lock down. There will b lotsa moaning goingon

I don't know, I think tomorrow will be quite entertaining.
    05-30-09 01:12 PM
    So u truly purged your storm. Doubt it. The only different u did is u lost your apps and had to manually reload them what a joke. Ill stick to apploader or dm the freshen my storm and reload everything 95% time.
    so fresh and so clean clean clean.........

just like when you load a new OS on your computer it is better to start with a clean slate.
    05-30-09 01:18 PM
    Okay, now im ANXIOUS to get home from work. KNEW I shoulda brought my laptop to work with me today! lol. Hopfully this is true, if not, Sunday night isnt too far off at all!
    I'm at work too, and I cant wait to go home and upgrade!
    05-30-09 01:23 PM
    i'm scared.....
    05-30-09 01:46 PM
    So u truly purged your storm. Doubt it. The only different u did is u lost your apps and had to manually reload them what a joke. Ill stick to apploader or dm the freshen my storm and reload everything 95% time.

Some people would rather start from a clean slate. I can agree that it is quicker just loading it and not starting over, but in my many years of loading OS's on computers I can tell you that it is almost always better to start from a clean slate then to just reinstall and not wipe everything. To each there own! And if you read some of the posts by users that have wiped it clean you would see that it has solved many of the issues they thought they had. Remember you can always Just aks patches by clicking here [email protected]
    Last edited by paulwright1; 05-30-09 at 01:55 PM.
    05-30-09 01:52 PM
    paul you're becoming my very own corporate advertising tool...lmfao!
    05-30-09 01:58 PM
    i'm scared.....
    scared? Nah, Im sure it will entertaining. "help I lost my browser" "my battery life sucks" "Im getting an error updating" and so on and so on. Im sure there will be allot of threads started about simple things. So maybe someone should start a thread that says:

For All Of You That Just Updated Your OS to the Official .148 Release Please Click Here for the Help You Need.

05-30-09 02:00 PM
    paul you're becoming my very own corporate advertising tool...lmfao!

hey, Im gonna need you address so I can send you my bill
    05-30-09 02:01 PM
    You are doing that dm/apploader does. To truly wipe it b like a new storm.
    Some people would rather start from a clean slate. I can agree that it is quicker just loading it and not starting over, but in my many years of loading OS's on computers I can tell you that it is almost always better to start from a clean slate then to just reinstall and not wipe everything. To each there own! And if you read some of the posts by users that have wiped it clean you would see that it has solved many of the issues they thought they had. Remember you can always Just aks patches by clicking here [email protected]
    05-30-09 02:02 PM
    I have to retract my earlier statement. I will not be going back to .113. For those of you who said that you CANT get early via the DM are WRONG!!. I downgraded to .75 last night and erased the leaked version of .148 from my computer. I reset my computer, plugged in my Storm, loaded the DM and the OFFICIAL update was on there. FUTHERMORE, there IS a difference between the leaked OS and the official OS. I had A LOT of problems with the leaked version (especially memory leaks) and have had NO problems since i got the official version. My advice to those who have the leaked version is to DELETE it and follow what I did last night. This is actually a smooth OS. Too bad it took them SIX MONTHS!!!
    lol everything you stated has been corrected so i wont add anything but good luck in fairytale land
    05-30-09 02:04 PM
    no good for me. hooked up to DM and no luck
    05-30-09 02:04 PM
    scared? Nah, Im sure it will entertaining. "help I lost my browser" "my battery life sucks" "Im getting an error updating" and so on and so on. Im sure there will be allot of threads started about simple things. So maybe someone should start a thread that says:

For All Of You That Just Updated Your OS to the Official .148 Release Please Click Here for the Help You Need.

I totally agree.

When I read about all these "problems" I sometimes think I'm the luckiest person to get a Storm since I've never had any "Real" problems with it from day 1 that I couldn't quickly and easily resolve.

But then I tend to step back and think logically about things. Silly me.
    05-30-09 02:09 PM
    You are doing that dm/apploader does. To truly wipe it b like a new storm.

WHAT! Sorry, english please as I cant understand what you are saying. As I said before, it is ALMOST ALWAYS better to wipe it clean and do a fresh install whether you are talking about a BB or a computer.
    05-30-09 02:13 PM
    I totally agree.

When I read about all these "problems" I sometimes think I'm the luckiest person to get a Storm since I've never had any "Real" problems with it from day 1 that I couldn't quickly and easily resolve.

But then I tend to step back and think logically about things. Silly me.
    I dont think your one of the lucky ones but maybe one that follows the instructions when installing things on your BB. Whether people will admit it or not, allot of the problems are operator error (PEBKAC). They might not be as tech savy as some of us other BB users so thats what these Forums are for. When they have questions or need help they will get the help they need here by asking or searching. Just like when .148 goes Official there will be a bizillion HELP me posts. Thats just how it goes and we will be here to help.
    05-30-09 02:17 PM
    lol everything you stated has been corrected so i wont add anything but good luck in fairytale land
    If THIS is "fairytale land" I DONT EVER WANNA LEAVE!
    05-30-09 02:26 PM
    I dont think your one of the lucky ones but maybe one that follows the instructions when installing things on your BB. Whether people will admit it or not, allot of the problems are operator error (PEBKAC). They might not be as tech savy as some of us other BB users so thats what these Forums are for. When they have questions or need help they will get the help they need here by asking or searching. Just like when .148 goes Official there will be a bizillion HELP me posts. Thats just how it goes and we will be here to help.
    Good point. Well said. And those of us who don't have problems aren't gonna come on here and regularly post that we're not having problems. It is those who do have issues that do post. You're right, I sometimes forget that when answering the same questions over and over again. No worries. Back on track.
    05-30-09 02:31 PM
    thank goodness......no more whining!
    05-30-09 02:34 PM
    thank goodness......no more whining!

yeah right, come on now you know better!
    05-30-09 02:35 PM
    well well well I leave for a day and whattaya know when I log back on...
    If it isn't GODOT!
    05-30-09 03:40 PM
462 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD