Lol I joked too, hence the wink!

No, no, no!!! I wasn't making fun of you at all! I was adding to your statement because I thought it was funny!!! I'm sorry if you took me the wrong way!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 06:00 AM
    what is "Poke"?
    thank you

05-30-09 06:52 AM
    So the count down begins tomorrow! for the new software update for the blackberry storm! where's bruce or micheal buffer when you need either of them?
    Last edited by LivingTheFashion; 05-30-09 at 06:56 AM.
    05-30-09 06:53 AM
    what is "Poke"?
    thank you

An icon will show up on you home screen.
    05-30-09 07:26 AM
    my god, its like a feeding frenzy in here....so far, I have counted 47 people asking the same exact question about "poke"....doesn't anyone read a thread anymore before asking a question??????
    05-30-09 07:32 AM
    my god, its like a feeding frenzy in here....so far, I have counted 47 people asking the same exact question about "poke"....doesn't anyone read a thread anymore before asking a question??????
    If you've read all 21 pages of this thread... then you already know the answer to your question
    05-30-09 07:35 AM
    Ok no one really answered this clearly: If I downgrade to .75 on Sunday, do I have to wait to get a poke to be able to OTA upgrade, or can I just click on the option in the advanced menus at, say, 10pm?
    If you downgrade, you will get the poke according to the last digit in your mobile number. If your number ends in zero, you will get the poke first, it goes from there over an 11 day period.

You CAN, however, check for wireless updates tomorrow, or plug into DM, or download it from VZW, and get it manually. I was running the leaked .148. Downgraded this morning to .75 just for S&G. I wouldn't see the icon until Friday, so I will check wireless update tomorrow, or after I get home, will get it myself.

Cheers!!
    05-30-09 07:41 AM
    What's a "poke?". :P

05-30-09 07:43 AM
    Holy ****...

How many damn times does this need to be answered. The leaked OS is the same as the official. There is nothing new from the leak to the official!
    So listen, I have a question. Are you sure the .148 leak is the same? I mean it could have been sabotaged by aliens, VZW could have thrown in some code to rat us all out for running it before the release so they can void our warranties, the guy who leaked it could have hacked it so that his super computer could steal all of our phone lists and passwords, the possibilities are endless! RIM might have deviated from standard programming practices, you know, the ones that have been in place since will before many of us were born, the ones that organize version numbers. You know, so that everyone is on the same page, that one. There may be a secret deal with VZW. You just never know!

It's really frustrating isn't it? It's amazing anything gets done in this country with all the nervous nellies that move air. It's un-f'in'believable! It's like trying to get Rain Man to fly. Harley Davidson has mastered the 'they'll void your warranty' line and if you think the nervous nellie's who believe that crap here are bad you should hang with that crowd. OMG! I have to just walk away when that stuff starts.

Two words nellies, just two words - Magunson-Moss. Look it up, read it and weep. It applies to your car, your motorcycle (EVEN a Harley), your ATV, your lawn mower and even the Storm. If nothing else it will give you more stuff to over-analyze and bite your nails over.
    05-30-09 08:28 AM
    Supported vs. warranty are two different things. Warranty is for physical defects. Even if I have a leaked os, if the phone is physically broken due to poor workmanship, they will replace it.

If I call in to tech support and ask about software issues and I'm on a leaked os, they have no obligation to help me. But then on the same call if I say the screen doesn't click in the corners, they will service under warranty.

I have never seen a post about denied a warranty claim due to a leaked os.

That's what I heard, you never know, you can't fight them, they're too big, I'm can't handle confrontation, I had two mommies (one female and one male the female castrated) so I was raised biting my nails and worrying about all the bad things that could happen, this is all just too much for me! I really have to take a pill!
    05-30-09 08:41 AM
    Ok, this might be a stupid question but I'm curious. Ever since leaks came out past the official .75, the dial pad on 3rd party apps was cut off at the bottom, including .148 for me. It was not on the official .75. Considering that the official .148 is the same as the leak, do you think it will still be present or will it be fixed because it is an official OS?
    Didn't you just answer you own question?
    05-30-09 08:42 AM
    just when I thought it was safe to read this thread again...................
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-09 08:47 AM
    the new .148 software from Verizon will invoke the flux capacitor inside your Storm. If you buy the $875 a month time travel package from Verizon, you can time travel after the install.

By the way, screw the OTA, I shall attempt a download from Verizon.com
    05-30-09 08:49 AM
    Ok, this might be a stupid question but I'm curious. Ever since leaks came out past the official .75, the dial pad on 3rd party apps was cut off at the bottom, including .148 for me. It was not on the official .75. Considering that the official .148 is the same as the leak, do you think it will still be present or will it be fixed because it is an official OS?
    Im guessing you have a 3rd party theme? The dial pad is a theme issue, not an OS issue.
    05-30-09 08:51 AM
    Supported vs. warranty are two different things. Warranty is for physical defects. Even if I have a leaked os, if the phone is physically broken due to poor workmanship, they will replace it.

If I call in to tech support and ask about software issues and I'm on a leaked os, they have no obligation to help me. But then on the same call if I say the screen doesn't click in the corners, they will service under warranty.

I have never seen a post about denied a warranty claim due to a leaked os.
    To reiterate myself customers running non approved os's do indeed void there warranty regardless of other existing issues. But the nice part is like everything its a guideline. Would I swap out a phone with screen issues if they had a non appro ed os.... Prolly. A. I supposed to. NO

05-30-09 08:55 AM
    Im guessing you have a 3rd party theme? The dial pad is a theme issue, not an OS issue.
    I do have a third party theme. Been using them since people started making them for the Storm. The stock theme is so boring. I understand that people say the dial pad issue is a theme problem but when I had the official .75 installed with the themes, there was no dial pad issue. It only started when I started to use all the leaked OS's.

05-30-09 09:31 AM
    So listen, I have a question. Are you sure the .148 leak is the same? I mean it could have been sabotaged by aliens, VZW could have thrown in some code to rat us all out for running it before the release so they can void our warranties, the guy who leaked it could have hacked it so that his super computer could steal all of our phone lists and passwords, the possibilities are endless! RIM might have deviated from standard programming practices, you know, the ones that have been in place since will before many of us were born, the ones that organize version numbers. You know, so that everyone is on the same page, that one. There may be a secret deal with VZW. You just never know!

It's really frustrating isn't it? It's amazing anything gets done in this country with all the nervous nellies that move air. It's un-f'in'believable! It's like trying to get Rain Man to fly. Harley Davidson has mastered the 'they'll void your warranty' line and if you think the nervous nellie's who believe that crap here are bad you should hang with that crowd. OMG! I have to just walk away when that stuff starts.

Two words nellies, just two words - Magunson-Moss. Look it up, read it and weep. It applies to your car, your motorcycle (EVEN a Harley), your ATV, your lawn mower and even the Storm. If nothing else it will give you more stuff to over-analyze and bite your nails over.
    You might wanna read up on it if your going to quote it.
    http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

05-30-09 09:32 AM
    I do have a third party theme. Been using them since people started making them for the Storm. The stock theme is so boring. I understand that people say the dial pad issue is a theme problem but when I had the official .75 installed with the themes, there was no dial pad issue. It only started when I started to use all the leaked OS's.

Ugh. I keep posting this over and over again. You're changing the "Operating System", the underlying foundation on which all 3rd party apps and themes rely on. It's only natural that those apps and themes "may" need to be re-tweaked by the developers to work properly again with whatever changes were made in the OS.

If you don't expect any custom themes or apps made for Windows 3.1 to work properly in Windows XP, then why would you expect that to happen here with the Storm OS?

Did you ever update your theme to the latest version or let the theme developer know there's an issue with their theme on newer OS's?
    05-30-09 09:43 AM
    No it doesnt. Personally, i dont like .148. Might go back to .113.
    so you dont mind the bugs in .113
    I have to retract my earlier statement. I will not be going back to .113. For those of you who said that you CANT get early via the DM are WRONG!!. I downgraded to .75 last night and erased the leaked version of .148 from my computer. I reset my computer, plugged in my Storm, loaded the DM and the OFFICIAL update was on there. FUTHERMORE, there IS a difference between the leaked OS and the official OS. I had A LOT of problems with the leaked version (especially memory leaks) and have had NO problems since i got the official version. My advice to those who have the leaked version is to DELETE it and follow what I did last night. This is actually a smooth OS. Too bad it took them SIX MONTHS!!!
    05-30-09 10:13 AM
    I have to retract my earlier statement. I will not be going back to .113. For those of you who said that you CANT get early via the DM are WRONG!!. I downgraded to .75 last night and erased the leaked version of .148 from my computer. I reset my computer, plugged in my Storm, loaded the DM and the OFFICIAL update was on there. FUTHERMORE, there IS a difference between the leaked OS and the official OS. I had A LOT of problems with the leaked version (especially memory leaks) and have had NO problems since i got the official version. My advice to those who have the leaked version is to DELETE it and follow what I did last night. This is actually a smooth OS. Too bad it took them SIX MONTHS!!!
    1. DM still lists .75 as the Preferred OS, if it showed you .148, it was not uninstalled from your computer.

2. Once again, there is no difference between the leak and the official except the Vendor.xml file.

3. It's running better this time than the first time you installed it because something didn't install correctly the first time. I had the same experience with .113. The first time I installed it it made my phone unusable and I thought it stunk. Later I wiped and reloaded it and it ran great. A glitched install can make the phone unusable.
    05-30-09 10:21 AM
    Furthermore, the official OS will not be auto loaded into desktop manager until June 3rd. The only way to update before then is to download the leak or download from the blackberry website after 3PM tomorrow

05-30-09 10:34 AM
    Furthermore, the official OS will not be auto loaded into desktop manager until June 3rd. The only way to update before then is to download the leak or download from the blackberry website after 3PM tomorrow

And just to clarify even though im running .113 i can still do the OTA update after ten right?
    05-30-09 10:39 AM
    Shouldn't be an issue

05-30-09 10:42 AM
    Well I've had the leaked version since the second day it came out and it was/has been perfectly smooth ever since. And I will not be "upgrading" to the official as I believe they ARE exactly the same. I just believe this time you loaded it that it loaded properly or you upgraded differently than the first time.

Either way, glad you're up to speed and can enjoy your Storm again.
    05-30-09 10:42 AM
    And just to clarify even though im running .113 i can still do the OTA update after ten right?
    I think so...according to what I've read you won't get the icon on your home screen that says "update available" if you're not running .75, but you can still go to Options | Advanced | Wireless Updates, "Check for Updates".
    05-30-09 10:43 AM
462 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD