hence your phone number?
    actually, I'm not sure. I'll leave that to a VZW tech/rep to interpret.
    05-29-09 03:41 PM
    hehehe well whatever...im not waiting for no "poke". im just gonna d/l from the website
    05-29-09 03:44 PM
    Lets hope not because the leaked one is not that great.
    And is .75 that great?
    05-29-09 03:44 PM
    Am I missing something, my phone is on .148 and says platform 4.0.0.181. So if this new software is platform .203 something has to be different than what is on my phone already since you have already said you will never have the same software with multiple .xxx's whats up with that?
    05-29-09 03:49 PM
    Am I missing something, my phone is on .148 and says platform 4.0.0.181. So if this new software is platform .203 something has to be different than what is on my phone already since you have already said you will never have the same software with multiple .xxx's whats up with that?
    Its Release .203............Platfom .181.........os .148.........
    05-29-09 03:50 PM
    All,

The order in which you get the poke is based on your mobile telephone number (mtn) if your mtn ends in 0 you will get the poke before someone whose number ends in 3. You can update ota before the poke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 03:52 PM
    What in the world is a release .203, no where on my phone do I show a release #. How do you find this?
    05-29-09 03:54 PM
    Note: I said non .148 leaked OS.
    Oops, Never mind!

If it's less than .148 (which they all are), you'll get the prompt.
    05-29-09 03:55 PM
    All,

The order in which you get the poke is based on your mobile telephone number (mtn) if your mtn ends in 0 you will get the poke before someone whose number ends in 3. You can update ota before the poke.

It will be interesting to see if RIM will be able to handle the download demand on Sunday from all of the Storm users going and downloading the new OS. It will be just our luck that the website will crash on us...
    It shows it in Dm if you have the leaked OS installed. If you don't have a leaked OS installed you won't see it

release number is in the file that you download onto your PC, not part of the OS labeling on your device..
    05-29-09 03:56 PM
    It will be interesting to see if RIM will be able to handle the download demand on Sunday from all of the Storm users going and downloading the new OS. It will be just our luck that the website will crash on us...
    No this is on Verizon not RIM. Verizon pushes this out to their customers.

Also for everyone else who think RIM has been slacking, just look at the change log and look at all the different fixes. Optimizing code is much more complex than what people think.
    05-29-09 03:57 PM
    so when are they gonna fix color banding then?

05-29-09 03:59 PM
    stumped....
    05-29-09 04:03 PM
    I am unable to use my V-Cast Music Rhapsody (won't recognize the license agreement after a download) and have called Verizon tech support numerous times. Each time they ask me if I have downloaded a leaked OS - and warn that if I do it will void my warranty. They say the new OS will resolve my V-Cast issue - but I doubt it.
    So then downgrade back to .75, and if you still have the issue they will have to help you and honor any warranty.

If the issue was caused by the leaked OS and then you have the choice to not use it if it breaks something you must have.

But this is going off topic....unless we are talking about .148 that breaks your VCast. The tech support was probably just cranky and they don't want to or have to do deal with issues that might be caused by some OS. They probably say that just to make sure you are running the same OS so because that is an important thing to note when debugging an issue.

And so they refunded your Vcast subscription right? Or do they say just keep paying for it until we eventually push out a new OS that will fix it? We only found out a matter of hours ago that .148 is actually going to go official....

By the way, it looks like on the VZW site they are censoring and deleting threads about this subject.....
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 05-29-09 at 04:14 PM.
    05-29-09 04:05 PM
    How long to BES admins usually take to turn around and push it out to their users? Could I expect something Monday?
    05-29-09 04:14 PM
    Geeeeeez, it's not even officially out yet and people are talking about how bad it sucks and how they can't wait for 5.0. BE HAPPY. At least Verizon did something and it's better than .75
    05-29-09 04:22 PM
    it'll never be enough for some people...whatever, i'm content with it for now.
    05-29-09 04:23 PM
    So then downgrade back to .75, and if you still have the issue they will have to help you and honor any warranty.

If the issue was caused by the leaked OS and then you have the choice to not use it if it breaks something you must have.

But this is going off topic....unless we are talking about .148 that breaks your VCast. The tech support was probably just cranky and they don't want to or have to do deal with issues that might be caused by some OS. They probably say that just to make sure you are running the same OS so because that is an important thing to note when debugging an issue.
    I have never used anything but the official .75 OS update from last December. My V-Cast just quit working several months back. Do you know what the latest V-Cast version is? I am running 2.67.015.
    Geeeeeez, it's not even officially out yet and people are talking about how bad it sucks and how they can't wait for 5.0. BE HAPPY. At least Verizon did something and it's better than .75
    That's in the eye of the beholder...LoL
    No kidding! After patiently waiting for an official release (running .75 since December) I am very excited about this new OS release.
    05-29-09 04:24 PM
    I'm glad for the peeps who now have an official OS whether they can't load a leak or don't want to or whatever.

But i gotta be honest here, and sorry to go off topic, but i just read thru all 16 pages of this and i am amazed at how many times the same **** was asked and answered over and over. And over. Does anybody read before they ask questions?? All of my questions were answered on the first couple of pages. AND THIS IS PAGE 16!!

This is why i mostly just hang out in the Rants/Raves and Owners lounge. For the love of sweet God in heaven people...READ!

K I'm done now.

EDIT...it was page 16 when i started typing

Last edited by unseenme; 05-29-09 at 04:34 PM.
    05-29-09 04:25 PM
    I have never used anything but the official .75 OS update from last December. My V-Cast just quit working several months back. Do you know what the latest V-Cast version is? I am running 2.67.015.
    go to the VZW forum, there's a thread there, and in the 3rd party apps for the storm as well i believe.
    05-29-09 04:26 PM
    Wait... so the version they are releasing is .148? I thought in the picture it showed .203. Confused?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    05-29-09 04:27 PM
    THE LEAKED .148 IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1111
    So you thought the "My VZW rep told me...." threads were bad....just wait...how many "is the official and the leaked .148 OS's the same?? If so, why are all the numbers different??" threads will be started...LMAO...
    05-29-09 04:29 PM
462 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD