I don't mean to seem like an ***** but i don't understand, My phone is a 9530 and i'm talking about .148
    Sorry, I thought the Telus handset was a 9500. If so, then yes (but you'll have to delete the vendor.xml file)
    05-29-09 03:01 PM
    What's the worst that can happen if it doesn't work?
    05-29-09 03:01 PM
    your phone will spontaneously combust...lol j/k
    05-29-09 03:05 PM
    1) it will work
    2) the worst is a nuked device, which you can fix rather easily
    3) if it's a bad install, it could cause some minor glitching, but you can wipe and start from scratch at any time if you feel like it's not working as well as it should.

generally, you can't hurt the phone with software. i've tried to break a blackberry to the point of no return just using software, and i haven't been successful.
    05-29-09 03:06 PM
    What is this number?? Our serial number? I read that the lower number you have, the sooner you get .148.... Also, i am going to do this OTA. so i might not be able to get the update for a few days depending on the number?? thanks
    05-29-09 03:11 PM
    What is this number?? Our serial number? I read that the lower number you have, the sooner you get .148.... Also, i am going to do this OTA. so i might not be able to get the update for a few days depending on the number?? thanks
    Your phone number...last digit
    05-29-09 03:12 PM
    generally, you can't hurt the phone with software. i've tried to break a blackberry to the point of no return just using software, and i haven't been successful.
    The only instance I've ever heard of software configuration damaging hardware is some years ago where you could set the scan rate wrong on some CRT monitors and burn out the screen.

RIM seems to have done a pretty good job of having a non-corruptible boot loader that can restore a phone starting at a totally blank (or bogus) state.

What about GSM locking? We are told that "once unlocked, always unlocked", but if the boot loader can fix a phone is totally fubar'd, where does that unlock state live?
    05-29-09 03:13 PM
    If you do the OTA update, do you have to worry about losing any 3rd party apps that are currently installed?

Is it better to do it through DM for that or any other reason?

Thanks.
    05-29-09 03:14 PM
    So if i'm .148 now? What do I do to make it official? Go to the BB site, and just re-upgrade?
    THE LEAKED .148 IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1111
    05-29-09 03:14 PM

ok haha.. mine is 4......so i want to do it OTA. SO on sunday night i can do it OTA or i have to wait a few days?? Thanks
    05-29-09 03:15 PM
    Usually. I believe that this is different from your phone number if you ported over from a different carrier - there is another phone-number-like number associated with your device, which is the MTN.

I may be totally wrong, though.
    05-29-09 03:15 PM
    So if i'm .148 now? What do I do to make it official? Go to the BB site, and just re-upgrade?
    You should not have to do that as .148 is no longer a leak and is now officially "official".

If there is any question, just fire up Desktop Manager/Application Loader/Update Software and let it do its thing ... but most likely it will do nothing.
    05-29-09 03:16 PM
    Lets hope not because the leaked one is not that great.
    05-29-09 03:18 PM
    Lets hope not because the leaked one is not that great.
    Holy ****...

How many damn times does this need to be answered. The leaked OS is the same as the official. There is nothing new from the leak to the official!
    05-29-09 03:20 PM
    I am on 132, a number not ending in 0, and DM does not show anything for me.

This includes a close/open of DM, and a manual check for updates.

There's my experience in case it helps anyone.
    05-29-09 03:21 PM
    It won't show anything in Dm until June 3rd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 03:23 PM
    Usually. I believe that this is different from your phone number if you ported over from a different carrier - there is another phone-number-like number associated with your device, which is the MTN.

I may be totally wrong, though.
    yeah, MTN and MDN...i forget which is which.
    05-29-09 03:26 PM
    1) it will work
    2) the worst is a nuked device, which you can fix rather easily
    3) if it's a bad install, it could cause some minor glitching, but you can wipe and start from scratch at any time if you feel like it's not working as well as it should.

Have you got a link?
    05-29-09 03:26 PM
    When I get the poke will it erase everything on my phone my contacts and pin numbers
    05-29-09 03:28 PM
    yeah, MTN and MDN...i forget which is which.
    Its MDN. Different from one's MIN: MDN definition (Phone Scoop)
    05-29-09 03:29 PM
    When I get the poke will it erase everything on my phone my contacts and pin numbers
    No, it will restore all your info
    05-29-09 03:31 PM
    OTA won't even need a restore, it's just update patches ( ) that overwrite the OS files with the newer ones, so your memory stored won't be impacted at all...
    05-29-09 03:34 PM
    Have you got a link?
    check the OS subforum sticky, it was updated so its in there now...
    05-29-09 03:35 PM
    Its MDN. Different from one's MIN: MDN definition (Phone Scoop)
    hence your phone number?
    05-29-09 03:35 PM
    I tell you what...bc this is a rare occasion...I am doing a complete wipe and will install .148 from scratch. Then install 3rd party apps...no need to carry over backup files with corrupted databases et al.

Leaks are one thing...but an official Storm OS...I'm wipin her clean. This way...when the leaks start flowing (and I start installing)...I know they were all put on to a fresh device.
    05-29-09 03:37 PM
462 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD