ok so first a story i found quite funny. I was at a vzw store the other day and i overheard a rep talking to a customer about the storm. She said "I wouldn't sell anyone a storm without making them sit down and play with it for 15 min or so." She then proceeded to go to the back to get a storm to allow the customer to try it out. The rep sat the customer down and said..(haha here comes the funny part) "you might notice a little slower response time on this phone, thats because its a touch screen, all touch screen phones are like this....hahahahahaha. So I being the excellent person I am went over and informed her that this was an untrue statement and the lag was due to the buggy operating system. I told her to not let that discourage her because relief is in site.

ANYWAY...my problem is everytime i try to run swap a radio i get an error message
    "unhandled exception has occured in your application..access to path is denied"
    so how do i achieve my goal of .90 radio with .148...please enlighten. Thanks in advanced!
    05-30-09 11:02 PM
    ok so first a story i found quite funny. I was at a vzw store the other day and i overheard a rep talking to a customer about the storm. She said "I wouldn't sell anyone a storm without making them sit down and play with it for 15 min or so." She then proceeded to go to the back to get a storm to allow the customer to try it out. The rep sat the customer down and said..(haha here comes the funny part) "you might notice a little slower response time on this phone, thats because its a touch screen, all touch screen phones are like this....hahahahahaha. So I being the excellent person I am went over and informed her that this was an untrue statement and the lag was due to the buggy operating system. I told her to not let that discourage her because relief is in site.

ANYWAY...my problem is everytime i try to run swap a radio i get an error message
    "unhandled exception has occured in your application..access to path is denied"
    so how do i achieve my goal of .90 radio with .148...please enlighten. Thanks in advanced!
    Did you even try .148? Its the best radio for my phone.
    05-30-09 11:04 PM
    yeah i've had it since it leaked...and its great...but i really...i know some people roar about this..but i really do not like the banding colors...I say if i pay that much for a phone I want it the way I want it...if it doesn't bother others than they can keep the choppy looking gui...but I want crisp clean colors so I thought I would give .90 a shot after reading what others have thought...
    05-30-09 11:07 PM
    people...please help..
    05-30-09 11:17 PM
    If the color banding bothers you then you need to stick with .75 because anything after that is going to have color banding, they changed it that way to make the phone faster.
    05-30-09 11:26 PM
    I would also like to know the solution to this. I do not want the color banding either.
    05-30-09 11:33 PM
    Really consider what you're asking for here. Yes .90's radio code may remove the color banding, but at a cost. It was not one of the more stable builds, and was prone to crashes. If you really want to go there, search the forums for Lyricidal's Swap-A-Radio program. Should do the job for you.

The color banding can be mitigated to almost unnoticeable with the right theme and/or background wallpaper. While I hope they resolve it someday, I'm willing to accept it as it is for the performance and stability.
    05-30-09 11:37 PM
    It only really exsists on the icons so can you give me some theme ideas? Keep IN mind I really like the default theme. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 11:47 PM
    And please re read my post...mainly the swap a radio part loll

05-30-09 11:48 PM
    And please re read my post...mainly the swap a radio part loll

Sorry...I was replying to the other guy...

What OS on your computer, XP or Vista? If Vista, are you running it as Administrator (not just an account with Admin priveliges, but actually right-click the icon and select "Run as Administrator"?

Most importantly, have you posted in Lyricidal's thread asking this question? I haven't used his app, so really can't offer many suggestions.
    05-30-09 11:52 PM
    It only really exsists on the icons so can you give me some theme ideas? Keep IN mind I really like the default theme. Thanks

This is the one I'm running. I like the phone clean and simple. It performs well and no clutter. The wallpaper he provided bands a bit, but I like it and left it. You can change the wallpaper if you like.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/mi...-theme-213440/

It's the only theme I've loaded that I've kept. All the others I've tried, the ones with sliding docks and animated what-nots, gave me problems. Haven't found any others I personally recommend, but haven't looked much either.

I'm also trying to learn Plazmic and take a crack at building my own...but I have a lot to learn in that regard.
    05-30-09 11:58 PM
    James, you could just do in manually.
    1. Download the .90 and install it.
    2. Got to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.90_P4.0.0.108\CDMA and copy the .sfi file to your desktop
    3. uninstall .90 through add/remove progams
    4. Install .148 or if it is already installed, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181\CDMA and delete the .sfi file that is there and replace it with the one you saved to your desktop.
    5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and select loader
    6. Run installer and load OS on your phone.
    Last edited by shanepark2; 05-31-09 at 12:13 AM. Reason: fixed path
    05-30-09 11:58 PM
    2. Got to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181\CDMA and copy the .sfi file to your desktop
    3. unistall .90 through add/remove progams
    4. Install .148 or if it is already installed, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181\CDMA and delete the .sfi file that is there and replace it with the one you saved to your desktop.
    5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and select loader
    I think you got the wrong path in your first step...you're pointing him to the .148 sfi file, not the .90.
    05-31-09 12:05 AM
    I think you got the wrong path in your first step...you're pointing him to the .148 sfi file, not the .90.
    Yes... Sorry.. lol I copied and pasted my path. (Laziness)
    05-31-09 12:12 AM
    Thanks.... fixed the path.
    05-31-09 12:14 AM
    Thanks.... fixed the path.
    <grin> Happy to help!
    05-31-09 12:16 AM
    2. Got to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181\CDMA and copy the .sfi file to your desktop
    3. unistall .90 through add/remove progams
    +1 so long as you copy the .90 .sfi out of the .90 CDMA folder and paste it in the .148 CDMA folder and reinstall the OS all should go well.

No disrespect to Lyridical (I believe he programmed Swap-A-Radio) but I just prefer to do radio swaps manually, espescially since it's only one file. The program is key for the crowd that's not too technically savvy.

But hey, I'm definitely a fan of Shrink-A-OS... it saves a lot of time and mental energy when trying to rid an OS of all those silly nilly files I will never use!!!
    05-31-09 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the help all wait no one has commented on my story

05-31-09 12:34 PM
    I have the Storm, unlocked for T-Mobile---I had the .148 beta with the .90 radio code. When the real release of .148 came out I installed it from App Launcher. Keep in mind the new radio code is now in the phone. I am not having problems at all really. I recently installed SLACKER RADIO -- and every time I start the program it takes me from EDGE to edge. I dont understand it. IHeart radio is doing the same thing. Should I go back to .90 ?
    06-03-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD