iv been on this forums since jan on almost daily basis... i read almost all related os threads.. i was on .75 then went to .8x then came back to .75 since then i havnt updgraded my os just waiting for an official.. untill yest. i gave up on RIM and did the .114 hybird..

i did the .114 hybird on the sticky.. goin PERFECT with me.. no problems at all.. and def. a change from .75 stability.. no bugs..

how could the Official release beat that hybird.. is there ny more bugs the needs to be fixed? i dont understand.. id say this hybird is the closest thing to an official release.. unless they add the flick screen option which most of you are begging for and totally change the whole OS and add new stuff:P

any future ideas?
    Last edited by faysalayoubi; 03-17-09 at 01:10 AM.
    03-17-09 01:00 AM
    Honestly, I think this hybrid OS is the closest that the storm has come to the Gold Code. Also, about flick scrolling, I think this OS has a "little bit" of flick-type scrolling or may be the start of it
    03-17-09 01:03 AM
    Honestly, I think this hybrid OS is the closest that the storm has come to the Gold Code. Also, about flick scrolling, I think this OS has a "little bit" of flick-type scrolling or may be the start of it
    you really think so ? i see no difference in scrolling though. just more stable.. far from flicking
    03-17-09 01:07 AM
    Please rename your title from .144 to .114....
    03-17-09 01:07 AM
    you really think so ? i see no difference in scrolling though. just more stable.. far from flicking
    May be it's a mind game, but I do find that it takes me way quicker to scroll thru my contacts and with apps. I do know what true flick scrolling is and storm is not near there but I bet that RIM is working on something to surprise us all!
    03-17-09 01:10 AM
    Really enjoying the hybrid myself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 01:12 AM
    May be it's a mind game, but I do find that it takes me way quicker to scroll thru my contacts and with apps. I do know what true flick scrolling is and storm is not near there but I bet that RIM is working on something to surprise us all!
    bugs related.. its done already with this hybird.. new stuff maybe..

maybe and option to instead of clicking screen just "touching" it to open stuff.. althought that clicking is storms signature which i love.. but why not
    Last edited by faysalayoubi; 03-17-09 at 01:15 AM.
    03-17-09 01:13 AM
    I do know what true flick scrolling is and storm is not near there but I bet that RIM is working on something to surprise us all!
    I really do hope you're right but personally I'm really not convinced or sure. My reasoning is that the Storm is really not aimed at their core market or core user. RIM makes their money on business oriented devices and that, the Storm is not. I wouldn't be surprised (also wouldn't be happy) if this is pretty much as good as the Storm gets and RIM concentrates on their core user, only much later coming out with a new consumer devices having learned their lessons from the Storm. Kind of like a litmus test. Now, I'm not saying this will happen, only that I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Let me quickly add that I think if what I speculated happens, it would be a poor decision in my opinion. Something about first impressions comes to mind...
    Last edited by drunken0monkey; 03-17-09 at 07:52 AM.
    03-17-09 07:49 AM
    maybe and option to instead of clicking screen just "touching" it to open stuff..
    The Bolt browser (Bolt) functions like this, touch versus click... it's pretty slick.
    03-17-09 08:09 AM
    .114 Hybrid im running is awesome to. The official has to be at least like this or close to it. If not, no need to update hahhah. But Verizons gotta get on the ball. And about flick scrolling. MAN I wish this gets possible. Even if someone somehow designed a way to integrate it into the OS, I would pay for that.
    03-17-09 12:00 PM
    I installed it yesterday from the .114 leak with the dial pad fix and it seems to work better. Although I had almost zero issues with .114 with the exception of the dial pad that we all had. Time will tell.
    03-17-09 12:03 PM
    The Bolt browser (Bolt) functions like this, touch versus click... it's pretty slick.
    As does opera mini, which I find to be worlds better then bolt. Imo of course.

03-17-09 01:20 PM
    The 114 hybrid is good, but it is only marginally better than 109.

This is definitely not what I would expect from an official OS.

I still expect vast improvements in the typing interface. The typing in landscape still can't keep up, which is my biggest gripe with the phone. I write an entire sentence and then have to pause to wait and see what appears as the OS catches up.

Don't get me started on typing in browser. Horrific.

Still get the spinning clock a lot with the hybrid.

Browser still has a lot of room for improvement.

Accelerometer is slower in the hybrid than 109.

The lag between pushing the dial button and getting the dialpad is horrible at times.

I am not trying to be a prude. I am rocking the 113/114/109 hybrid and it works good for most parts, although my personal opinion is 109 is better overall. But this is not ready to be an Official Release yet. The next official should be a lot better, at least according to my standards.
    03-17-09 01:34 PM
    lol @ .144
    03-17-09 01:38 PM
    Ok, I'm new so bear with me...

I uploaded the hybrid yesterday and it's working great, but I noticed one thing- in my music player I could have sworn I had 902 songs yesterday before and after I uploaded the hybrid. Now I've only got 880... Granted these are all saved on my memory stick, but could this be one of the 'memory leaks' I was warned about? Could an OS memory leak affect music files on external memory storage?

Other than that, I'm so glad I got this hybrid. I was about to throw my storm at the wall yesterday haha...

Thanks!

Mike
    03-17-09 01:47 PM
    Ok, I'm new so bear with me...

I uploaded the hybrid yesterday and it's working great, but I noticed one thing- in my music player I could have sworn I had 902 songs yesterday before and after I uploaded the hybrid. Now I've only got 880... Granted these are all saved on my memory stick, but could this be one of the 'memory leaks' I was warned about? Could an OS memory leak affect music files on external memory storage?

Other than that, I'm so glad I got this hybrid. I was about to throw my storm at the wall yesterday haha...

Thanks!

Mike
    Memory leaks wouldn't cause that (or anything else on external memory to be effected, for that matter) ... it has been suggested to pull the miniSD and reinsert it, although I don't believe I have experienced this problem so it's not first hand.

As for the hybrid stuff, I think I'll probably stick to 109 after reading the forums...
    03-17-09 01:56 PM
    great thread, btw...

IMO, the hybrid os is the best one yet- they do need to fix typing lag though and the lock needs to be fixed too- takes too long!

03-17-09 03:57 PM
    same here.. Running 114/113/86

not too bold to use the .90 radio just yet due to problems but i am very happy.. virtually no problems! Only the official VZW code can be better!

::crosses fingers::
    03-17-09 05:11 PM
    I tried both of the hybrid 114 and to me they are still slow. I have .90 radio which is a little faster but still things are slow/will get slow =(

03-17-09 05:15 PM
    So far the general idea is that the 114 hybrid, NOT the 113/114 hybrid, is the quickest. I like mine so far.
    03-17-09 05:37 PM
    great thread, btw...

IMO, the hybrid os is the best one yet- they do need to fix typing lag though and the lock needs to be fixed too- takes too long!

If you have memory cleaning enabled that's what's causing slow lock/unlock.

03-17-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD