huh? ?
    01-03-09 01:33 PM
    This is after a batt pull?
    What apps have you installed and are running?
    Do you have TalkLock installed? What version?

Will need more info please. Huh just doesnt cut it.
    01-03-09 01:36 PM
    well it depends on where it is. If that is application memory, yeah, do a battery pull. If that is memory left on your SD card, congrats, it's full.
    01-03-09 01:37 PM
    It certainly isn't the worst that I have seen, but the more memory you have the better your phone will run.
    01-03-09 01:41 PM
    Yeah if I saw I had that much I would do a battery pull, and if it's still that low, I'd delete some apps and other stuff I don't use.
    01-03-09 01:42 PM
    This is after a batt pull? NO
    What apps have you installed and are running? I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT
    Do you have TalkLock installed? What version? YES I DO v 1.0.1

Will need more info please. Huh just doesnt cut it.

I have the soft reset app.....will this suffice as a battery pull would or do I need to do a physical batt pull to possibly free up some mbs?

Thank you everyone for responding so far this forum is a life safer.
    Last edited by SpiralLight; 01-03-09 at 01:51 PM.
    01-03-09 01:48 PM
    soft reset will do. give it a go
    01-03-09 01:49 PM
    27.8 after soft reset. why does that make it change?

I have a lot of apps but i close 'em when i'm done. gps set on 24/7 instead of just for 911,weatherbug, wsj reader, ap news, hockey news mobile, ny times, espn mobile, orb, facebook, google maps and some that i don't think are necessarially apps but maybe just launchers like fandango, amazon, flight status, flickr (never use it), hopstop nyc, nfl.com, npr, opera mini (never use it), redsox.com, slydial, soft reset, bblight (not activated), storm wiki, garfield minus garfield, xbox live, youtube (never use it because the quality blows goats), the full nintaii game......yeah a lot of stuff but they're not all running much at all...
    01-03-09 02:00 PM
    huh? ?
    haha. i love it.....what would we say to that?

I currently have 33MB of free memory. but i only really run Opera Mini, Facebook and Google Maps as 3rd party apps. Nothing crazy.
    01-03-09 02:01 PM
    d@mn that's a lot of sh!t. Most people with that much cr@p on their storm are experiencing problems right now. You should be able to have that much stuff on there, but there are some memory leaks that need to get worked out first.
    01-03-09 02:02 PM
    i have 54 megs free
    01-03-09 02:03 PM
    Geez, 14mb free on a Curve is good. Spiral, that is a lot of stuff installed! Your memory typically gets eaten up by logs and browser cache stuff so more free is better.....bt you can run pretty low with no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:07 PM
    d@mn that's a lot of sh!t. Most people with that much cr@p on their storm are experiencing problems right now. You should be able to have that much stuff on there, but there are some memory leaks that need to get worked out first.

I couldn't be more pleased with how my storm is running. My only problem is the coverage here SUCKS right where my house is and within about 200 feet. Everywhere else is 4 bars and exceptional coverage but often right here I have zero bars or 'searching for service' but that affects my roommates as well, one also verizon the other at&t
    Last edited by SpiralLight; 01-03-09 at 02:12 PM.
    01-03-09 02:08 PM
    My memory seems to make no diff on the performance of my storm.
    It can be 28 & be a PITA or it can be as low as 2.4 and run fairly quick.
    weird.
    01-03-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD