I installed .148 over the air the first day Verizon had it.

I rebooted today for the first time since then.

My memory had been at 3-5mb for the last several weeks.
    I finally rebooted when the memory hit 138 KB!
    Phone was still working ok but pretty slow especially texting.

So why did I do something so crazy?
    I had gotten a good game of brickbreaker going and was trying to get to the million mark.
    I got to 842,000 with 240 lives and it started to mess up. Paddle would get stuck momentarily at the most inconvenient times. I only made it to 952,000.
    07-13-09 03:08 PM
    Awesome, I thought I was cool with 80,000. you were rocking some Brickbreaker. I wish there was a save game feature. I don't have the patience to play that game that long.
    07-13-09 03:16 PM
    Wow, that's incredible. I wonder how long of an uptime I can have since installing .151. So far memory has been stable at 52.3-52.8 since i first installed .151 a few days ago lol
    07-13-09 03:37 PM
    The only time that I ever reboot my phone is when I uninstall or update a program.
    07-13-09 09:08 PM
    there was actually a thread made on fixing this memory leak issue.. basically just reloading everything and start over fresh.. with one app loaded at a time.. there were more instructions to it actually.. and i was just coming on to look for it when i saw this.. if anyone knows what im talking about, can they post the link to that here for me and the rest of these people.. im sick of having to reboot all over again lately.. even had times where i go into memory status and it says 0.0 KB.. nothing notta.. and my phone will ring, and i cant even answer it cause it goes so slow and freezes up.. its only been this bad since VZW sent me a new replacement phone and i transfered everything over.. before that, while i had .148 on the last one too, i was still only getting between 14 - 20MB tops average on that one, but never averaging 3-9MB as I am now... any help?
    07-14-09 02:50 AM
    Wow that's a great score and it lasted a great while
    07-14-09 02:55 AM
    Impressive! I reached around 750k. I finally deleted it. Too bad you can't upload the scores! Gets old after awhile.
    07-14-09 03:44 AM
    there was actually a thread made on fixing this memory leak issue.. basically just reloading everything and start over fresh.. with one app loaded at a time.. there were more instructions to it actually.. and i was just coming on to look for it when i saw this.. if anyone knows what im talking about, can they post the link to that here for me and the rest of these people.. im sick of having to reboot all over again lately.. even had times where i go into memory status and it says 0.0 KB.. nothing notta.. and my phone will ring, and i cant even answer it cause it goes so slow and freezes up.. its only been this bad since VZW sent me a new replacement phone and i transfered everything over.. before that, while i had .148 on the last one too, i was still only getting between 14 - 20MB tops average on that one, but never averaging 3-9MB as I am now... any help?
    Not sure, but I believe this is the thread you were looking for:

forums.crackberry. com/f132/resolved-memory-leak-235048

blah at not being able to post links yet, take out the space
    07-14-09 03:47 AM
    Wow, and here I was patting myself on the back for going 2 weeks without pulling the battery......then I installed StormSlider and had to reboot. DOAH!

I had been down to 12MB memory, and running smooth as silk too.
    07-14-09 07:45 AM
    I can't figure out how so many people have NO free memory. That's crazy. After a batt pull I have almost 42mb and every now and then drop to below 30.
    07-14-09 09:00 AM
    ive been at 0.0 before
    07-14-09 10:12 AM
    I can't figure out how so many people have NO free memory. That's crazy. After a batt pull I have almost 42mb and every now and then drop to below 30.
    I had a clean install and I run NO extra apps. none. I am only running the basic OS without anything added and still leak continually. Each day it goes down bit by bit.
    07-20-09 06:45 PM
    I had a clean install and I run NO extra apps. none. I am only running the basic OS without anything added and still leak continually. Each day it goes down bit by bit.
    This is how I finally resolved my memory leaks:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    07-20-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD