I had epocrates and on .113 i only had about 8-12mb of memory after about an hour after a batt pull so i had to just live with it cause i had to have epocrates it was worth the trade off for the slow phone sometimes. Now i upgraded to .132 and wow now i have 38mb after battery pull and after all day yesterday it was only down to 28! It would drop to the low 20's but then i would gain it right back! So now my phone works smoother now and i still get keep epocrates Just a heads up for someone who had to delete it before now give it a go
    04-24-09 09:05 AM
    what is epocrates?
    04-24-09 09:15 AM
    what is epocrates?
    it is a program for medical proffesions
    04-24-09 09:18 AM
    It is a drug database program. It also has medical calculations and insurance formulary info
    04-24-09 09:45 AM
    I too have Epocrates but I deleted it form my Storm because of the draw on memory. It's good to hear that .132 solves this problem ..a bigger question ...where did you get .132 and is it stable ?
    04-24-09 10:39 AM
    I too have Epocrates but I deleted it form my Storm because of the draw on memory. It's good to hear that .132 solves this problem ..a bigger question ...where did you get .132 and is it stable ?
    you can get it from my sig, and yes it in my opinion is the most stable leak.
    04-24-09 10:44 AM
    I had epocrates and on .113 i only had about 8-12mb of memory after about an hour after a batt pull so i had to just live with it cause i had to have epocrates it was worth the trade off for the slow phone sometimes. Now i upgraded to .132 and wow now i have 38mb after battery pull and after all day yesterday it was only down to 28! It would drop to the low 20's but then i would gain it right back! So now my phone works smoother now and i still get keep epocrates Just a heads up for someone who had to delete it before now give it a go
    Thanks for the info. I was holding off on ePocrates because of that fact. I was going to wait until an official OS came out, maybe this will change things. Hmmm....
    04-24-09 11:06 AM
    i downloaded .132 from the first mirror in the .132 os leak thread. Yes very stable for me. i came from .113 and i like the radio and memory improvements.
    04-24-09 01:35 PM
    I LOLed when I noticed someone with a username with the word "stoner" in it made a thread about a drug app.... (not implying anything, it was just funny!)
    04-24-09 05:53 PM
    Yea I got that a lot in school. I'm a pharmacist for cvs and my last name is Stoner.....yes I've already heard it. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 01:13 AM
    This came too little too late. I was waiting for the Epocrates app to drop for the Storm for so long, that when it did, and it destroyed my free app memory, I instantly deleted it. I was SO disappointed in the performance of the software/hardware that I went directly out to get an iTouch.

Skyscape, Epocrates, MedCalc, you name it, they're all on there. Free and ready to use. The only downside is that the "Pill ID" function doesn't give you a picture to refrence to since there isn't any Internet connectivity. This I was able to work around since we work with a closed formulary and I know exactly what brands of what drugs we carry and what they look like.

But I AM really glad they were able to work out the bugs for future users who didn't splurge on an iPod.
    04-25-09 01:23 AM
    Sweet I'm loving this OS as well. Should suffice till official

04-25-09 01:37 AM
    Epocrates is a memory hog for me on .122 and .132. Just deleted it again. I wont use it until you are able to shut it off when on in use.
    Last edited by gilency; 04-26-09 at 01:40 AM.
    04-25-09 07:11 PM
    Good to hear. I had also deleted it, but was going to try it again this week - I wanted to get several days on .132 under my belt so that I would know if the memory really changed or not.
    I sent an email to epocrates complaining about the memory leak and asking if and when they would be fixing it. I stated that we should be able to close the program when we were done using it. I got a VERY generic response, which honestly ticked me off. So I responded to the response email pushing for a better answer...and got nada. So I am not holding my breath that they will address this.
    Hopefully 132 will actually help. My memory went to 0 (yes, zero) when I had epocrates in the past - ironically, the phone still functioned well, but I do think that I lost some old calender entries...
    04-25-09 11:28 PM
    Can you list what version of Epocrates you are running? I don't know if it makes a difference, but there are two versions Pro vs. Essentials...Essentials has a ton more stuff, so it could be more of a memory hog.

I have been running Epocrates Pro since .110 and even though it IS a mem hog, it never took me down to below 10mbs. Now with .132, I am running @ 36mb most of the time with a ton of other apps going. Just a thought, I don't know if Essentials vs. Pro makes a difference, but it's worth a shot.
    04-26-09 01:22 PM
    ive got pro.
    04-26-09 02:00 PM
    Yea I got that a lot in school. I'm a pharmacist for cvs and my last name is Stoner.....yes I've already heard it. Lol

Well, as long as CVS never becomes a medical marijuana dispensary, you'll be safe. But if it ever does, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there......
    04-26-09 02:14 PM
    PLEEEAAASSEE im begging 4 someone to help me..i got my bb storm 9530 from verizon about 2 weeks ago. i updated my software from (.65) to (.75) on verizons website. My bb SUCKS because i cant figure out how to update ANY of the LEAKED versions to it!! please please help. Ive heard i need to delete "vendor.xml" file But i cant find it ANYWHERE!! im having a major issue people.
    04-26-09 02:19 PM
    PLEEEAAASSEE im begging 4 someone to help me..i got my bb storm 9530 from verizon about 2 weeks ago. i updated my software from (.65) to (.75) on verizons website. My bb SUCKS because i cant figure out how to update ANY of the LEAKED versions to it!! please please help. Ive heard i need to delete "vendor.xml" file But i cant find it ANYWHERE!! im having a major issue people.
    04-26-09 02:27 PM
    Wrong thread dude. But here is your answer: c: program files > common files > research in motion > NOW go to shared - make sure that you have the os loaded that you want to run ie.132 - remove any others.

- the vendor file is under the apploader section delete it.

Use this route to load any leaked versions. If you get into shrinking or the hybrids this is the only way.

Personally I don't use dm for anything other then backups

Hope that helps.

04-26-09 02:58 PM
    Can you list what version of Epocrates you are running? I don't know if it makes a difference, but there are two versions Pro vs. Essentials...Essentials has a ton more stuff, so it could be more of a memory hog.

I have been running Epocrates Pro since .110 and even though it IS a mem hog, it never took me down to below 10mbs. Now with .132, I am running @ 36mb most of the time with a ton of other apps going. Just a thought, I don't know if Essentials vs. Pro makes a difference, but it's worth a shot.
    I had the plain-Jane, free epocreates (I guess essentials). Trying to redownload now because I will probably need it more over the next couple of weeks. I guess I'll see how it interacts with .132...
    04-27-09 03:03 PM
    havin issue w/ my screen after 132, will post pic
    04-27-09 03:07 PM
    Have epocrates Rx Pro, and after upgrading to .132 I still had the same problem with the application leaching memory... in the upwards of 10mb in 1 hour. Same issue with epocrates on .75, .113, .122 and .132. Uninstalling it relieves the huge memory leak. Will not be reinstalling it until the memory leak or the ability to shut it off is fixed.
    04-27-09 08:03 PM
    Did you try skyscape? They have better memory management system in the device
    06-02-09 03:21 PM
    Do you guys know of any other good medical programs for BlackBerry

06-03-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD