Pulled down beta os 132 for the 9530. Ran the installer and it gets most of the way through and then just hangs with message:

"Please wait while the IntallShield Wizard installs the Blackberry Device Software v4.7.0 for the Blackberry 9530 smartphone. This may take several minutes."

After an hour, I have to kill the install process and manually delete a bunch of files (install complains if I try to re-install as it thinks the installation is not complete - which it isn't).

I've tried two different download so 132 (both file sizes are the same size).

Anyone else experience this and how'd you get around this?

Anxiously waiting so I can try 132...

Doekim
    05-13-09 07:25 AM
    Pulled down beta os 132 for the 9530. Ran the installer and it gets most of the way through and then just hangs with message:

"Please wait while the IntallShield Wizard installs the Blackberry Device Software v4.7.0 for the Blackberry 9530 smartphone. This may take several minutes."

After an hour, I have to kill the install process and manually delete a bunch of files (install complains if I try to re-install as it thinks the installation is not complete - which it isn't).

I've tried two different download so 132 (both file sizes are the same size).

Anyone else experience this and how'd you get around this?

Anxiously waiting so I can try 132...

Doekim
    I'm definitely not an expert but it seems to me since you started a download that a wipe may be in order for you to complete this.
    05-13-09 08:32 AM
    Thanks... This is NOT during the Storm 9530 install, it's during the desktop install of the binary files.

Doekim
    05-13-09 01:07 PM
    What PC OS are you running?
    05-13-09 01:10 PM
    Sorry... Should have mentioned that.

Windows XP with SP3
    05-13-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD