Verizon, or the phone? 13... dropped calls. This is pretty ridiculous. I am in a full coverage area also. Always 4-5 bars.
    12-22-08 07:52 AM
    "Bars mean nothing" check your dBm rating when it happens.

Way back in the day, you used to be able to call a number and they'd credit you for that call. I haven't heard anything of that in ~15 years.
    12-22-08 08:20 AM
    I've never had a single dropped call, so I doubt its the phone
    12-22-08 08:26 AM
    This happened to me on my first storm. I had made calls on it all day and then all of a sudden I started having problems with the other person hearing me and then the phone would tell me the call was lost. Eventually it quit having this problem after I called *228 then hit option 2 to update the phone. Also under Manage connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Network Technology, I switched this to 1XEV instead of global.
    12-22-08 08:37 AM
    are you sure you are not hitting something with your cheek while you are talking. ive had 0 dropped calls.
    12-22-08 08:41 AM
    I had the same issue late Sunday. It was to a land line as well then we switched to a verizon-verizon call. Still happened. I attempted to send a txt during this period and it wasn't delivered and returned with a network error. Seems like there was a giant network problem ATT.
    12-22-08 08:47 AM
    In 4 weeks with the Storm, zero dropped calls. If you keep dropping calls, I'd give VZW a call. Could be a hardware issue with your unit. With all the other bugs I've seen reported here, anything's possible. Or as a PP suggested, dial *228. Instead of #2 to updating roaming, do #1 to reprogram.
    12-22-08 08:49 AM
    In no way am I loving everything about Verizon, but coverage is not one of there problems. I have been on almost every major carrier and have had by far the fewest reception issues with them. Not a single drop since I've had the Storm. Maybe it is where you were or live.
    12-22-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD