Please do not remove or add this to a thread where it will take hours to swift through. I need immediate help.

I tried upgrading to .122, on my Storm 9530. Now all I get is the infamous white screen with an icon/logo under the stop icon - a circle with a line through it - with the statement, below the icon, "Reload Software: 507."

I tried to reload my original OS and the same screen came up.

Help.
    04-28-09 11:08 AM
    Check out the links in my signature

Let us know if you got questions...
    04-28-09 11:12 AM
    Did all of that. Still a white screen.

04-28-09 11:14 AM
    Wipe with JL, and start over.
    04-28-09 11:15 AM
    Wipe with JL, and start over.
    Speak Engrish.
    04-28-09 11:16 AM
    Battery pull = white screen.
    Downgrade = white screen.

Poltergeist = scary *** white screen.
    04-28-09 11:21 AM
    Now it's asking for a password. I never loaded or entered a damn password.

???
    04-28-09 11:24 AM
    04-28-09 11:26 AM
    In the link in my signature (Upgrade/downgrade etc), there are instructions on how to wipe the phone with JL Commander. It wipes your phone, and you get the reload software 507 (if wiped with JL and you get this error, it only means there is no software on the phone)....and then use app loader to load the new OS. Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file.

Also the #1 rule: DON'T PANIC!!! It's difficult to brick a bb
    04-28-09 11:27 AM
    Now it's asking for a password. I never loaded or entered a damn password.

???
    did you download JLcommander yet? If you did and it's asking for a password, there is the option at the start for NO password. It asks if your BB is password protected, just answer no.

If not, get JLcommander (google) wipe your phone with it while it says that "error" (which really only means that there is no working OS on the phone)

and try to update from DM again.
    04-28-09 11:28 AM
    In the link in my signature (Upgrade/downgrade etc), there are instructions on how to wipe the phone with JL Commander. It wipes your phone, and you get the reload software 507 (if wiped with JL and you get this error, it only means there is no software on the phone)....and then use app loader to load the new OS. Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file.

Desktop Manager is doing something now. Uploading 4.7, something or the other.

I really wanted .122, as a friend swears by it. But now it seems I did something wrong, and am in need of a little Blackberry 101. I will look into this JL, and see if I can figure it out.
    04-28-09 11:30 AM

ahhh beat me to it!

big +1 on that last line, i've learned my lesson. I've pulled the USB cable mid-upgrade, installed apps that i thought bricked my phone (would not let the thing start up) this phone is reeeally tough to permanently brick, it seems
    04-28-09 11:30 AM
    The **** is in Russian.

WTF?!
    04-28-09 11:43 AM
    The **** is in Russian.

WTF?!
    Ok, first of all:

STOP PANICKING (I said this before, didn't I?)

Second:
    GO TO THE NOOB GUIDE AND START CLICKING ON LINKS AND ACTUALLY READING THRU THEM

Third:
    What is in Russian? The OS, the JL, or what?

AGAIN PLEASE STOP THIS PANIC ATTACK....IT'S OK...YOU WILL GET THE OS....
    04-28-09 11:49 AM
    Did you get it to work?
    04-28-09 12:40 PM
    Did you get it to work?
    I got it to work on .75. The "Russian" was because of the qwerty board was using the pound sign instead of the $ sign.

I've read through, as you asked, and still have no f'ing clue as to what JL is and how to go about upgrading to .122.

And how can you tell if I am freaking? Did you see me throw my Storm?

Anyhow, just a little disappointed, because my friend loves .122, I got to play with his Storm, and I love it. But to top it all off, he made his uprade sound sooooooo simple.

I just wanted a new OS toy.

Oh. . . and my Storm is wiped. I lost all my ****.
    04-28-09 03:31 PM
    I got it to work on .75. The "Russian" was because of the qwerty board was using the pound sign instead of the $ sign.

I've read through, as you asked, and still have no f'ing clue as to what JL is and how to go about upgrading to .122.

And how can you tell if I am freaking? Did you see me throw my Storm?

Anyhow, just a little disappointed, because my friend loves .122, I got to play with his Storm, and I love it. But to top it all off, he made his uprade sound sooooooo simple.

I just wanted a new OS toy.

Oh. . . and my Storm is wiped. I lost all my ****.
    Ok, let me write this out step by step for ya....

First, check your My Documents folder for Back Up(2009-4-28), because it automatically should have backed up....if you find it, you can restore later....

About upgrading:
    Before starting, uninstall .75 from your computer....

1. Download .122 onto your PC AND install it (find where it saved when downloaded, and double click and follow prompts)
    2. Go into c..program files..common files..research in motion..app loader......scroll down and find vendor.xml file. Delete it.
    3. Connect your phone to PC via USB
    4. In that same folder, double click on loader.exe (the file with phone icon)
    5. App loader should come up, click next, next, it will search for OS.....List will come up, select all you want installed, click next/finish....
    6. THE MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THE APP LOADER SAYS OPERATION SUCCESSFUL.
    7. Do a battery pull.
    8. If you found that folder in my documents that I mentioned above....you can restore.....

Open DM, click back up/restore, click restore, select that folder, click next/ok, click yes to turn on mass storage, and yes to replace data....Wait until it's done.....

Keep in mind, that you would be looking for the folder with earlier time because app loader does an automatic back up of what is currently on your phone or if you have done a back up previously, you can put that on your phone. Remember to back up your 3rd party apps separately as DM does not do this automatically. Let me know how it works out.
    04-28-09 04:26 PM
    Ok, let me write this out step by step for ya....

First, check your My Documents folder for Back Up(2009-4-28), because it automatically should have backed up....if you find it, you can restore later....

About upgrading:
    Before starting, uninstall .75 from your computer....

1. Download .122 onto your PC AND install it (find where it saved when downloaded, and double click and follow prompts)
    2. Go into c..program files..common files..research in motion..app loader......scroll down and find vendor.xml file. Delete it.
    3. Connect your phone to PC via USB
    4. In that same folder, double click on loader.exe (the file with phone icon)
    5. App loader should come up, click next, next, it will search for OS.....List will come up, select all you want installed, click next/finish....
    6. THE MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THE APP LOADER SAYS OPERATION SUCCESSFUL.
    7. Do a battery pull.
    8. If you found that folder in my documents that I mentioned above....you can restore.....

Open DM, click back up/restore, click restore, select that folder, click next/ok, click yes to turn on mass storage, and yes to replace data....Wait until it's done.....

Keep in mind, that you would be looking for the folder with earlier time because app loader does an automatic back up of what is currently on your phone or if you have done a back up previously, you can put that on your phone. Remember to back up your 3rd party apps separately as DM does not do this automatically. Let me know how it works out.
    I appreciate your help and time, I really do.

But I've reloaded .75, and will wait on a VZW upgrade, or for my friend to be by-my-side to do a proper upgrade.

However, I've another concern. Upon reload - yes, I did not backup - I lost several apps, all of my contacts, and my email icon. I still get my emails through the message icon; but I am at a loss as to how to recover the email icon.

You know, the one that reads [email protected].

If your still on, please help.

Or anyone, for that matter.
    04-28-09 07:28 PM
    On your phone, open the setup folder, then open E-Mail Settings.

Click the Menu button (the BB logo) and select Service Books.

Click the Send Service Books button.

Your mail icon should be restored.
    04-28-09 07:40 PM
    BTW - You may not have done a backup, but when you attempted to install .122 a backup should have been created automatically. Follow Olta's instructions above to check, you may be able to restore your programs, contacts, etc.
    04-28-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD