With all they hype about hybrids, .132 vs .141 and the like I don't see anybody other then myself talking about .122.

I've tried .132, .142, bbCrackman v5 and lyricidals .141/5.0. Gave them all a pretty good test drive and found lyricidals as being the best IMHO. But I was curious as to whether or not it was any better then .122.

I've spent the past 24 hours on .122 and once again IMHO I think it's the best thing going out there. Is it better then .141/5.0? No, but it's just as good.
    -No keyboard lag
    -Super fast camera
    -Good radio
    -Memory leak but nothing that bad I did one battery pull after install yesterday and started with 53mb, woke this morning at 42mb.

All and all if you're looking for a good non hybrid system this is one I would check out. You can get the install from doing a search on lyricidals name for the easy installer as this OS is for the 9530 but not for Verizon.

Anybody else still on .122?
    Last edited by hookbill; 05-16-09 at 09:46 AM. Reason: changed model number
    05-16-09 07:16 AM
    I'm running .75 and have not really experienced major problems. I would love to speed up my camera though.
    My question is, if I install .122 will it affect my ability to use VZW programs such as VZ Navigator?
    I use it quite often because I lole the turn by turn directions ot gives plus the real time map feed that shows the next turn coming up. I would hate to lose that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 07:26 AM
    I experienced too much lag with .122.
    05-16-09 07:29 AM
    Im still on .122 - It is the only OS that runs properly on my device. I found .132 and .141 way too laggy and buggy for me, and they were battery hogs. With .122 my battery goes for 2 days.
    05-16-09 07:37 AM
    I'm running .75 and have not really experienced major problems. I would love to speed up my camera though.
    My question is, if I install .122 will it affect my ability to use VZW programs such as VZ Navigator?
    I use it quite often because I lole the turn by turn directions ot gives plus the real time map feed that shows the next turn coming up. I would hate to lose that
    I upgraded to .122 when Bell first released it and have been running it since. While not perfect, it is an official release and not a beta, and is much better than .75 in all around responsiveness. All included programs indeed work just fine, as well as all the 3rd party apps I've purchased, most without the lag of .75, including VZW Navigator.

There are some minor quirks, as there probably always will be with an immature, first generation device, but overall most users should be well pleased with the difference until Verizon/RIM approve their own upgrade.

Just keep in mind that each phone is different and your hardware software mix may make your mileage vary.

IOW, if you are a bit leery of beta's, I would highly recommend trying Bell's .122 on your Storm 9530.
    05-16-09 07:41 AM

VZ Navigator works just fine with any leaked OS.
    05-16-09 09:01 AM
    I've tried them all and I find .122 to be the most stable. Not the fastest of the bunch, and not as slick as the 5.0 hybrids but it seems to require the fewest number of reboots and seems to have the smallest memory leak. It's still far from perfect though...I spend a lot of time with my little clock friend.
    05-16-09 09:22 AM
    I upgraded to .122 the day it became official from bell and havent changed since... the battery life is average for me, around 10 hours if im using it heavily.. its overall fast and responsive.. only a little lagggy at times.. i boot up at around 45 mb and leak to 35 over the course of a day.. so no worries there.. im still loving this OS its very stable and ive only had to perform ONE manual reboot in the past month or so (i have quickpull that runs every night). Im very happy with this OS and feel the most secure as it IS an official from a major carrier.. i would encourage anyone who is wary of beats to upgrade now to this OS and never look back!!! On a side note, my youtube app didnt work with this app at first but after a few days it worked fine. i would like the browser to be a little snappier and the camera to operate smoother, but other than that i am pretty content..
    05-16-09 09:25 AM
    I moved on to .141
    05-16-09 09:31 AM
    I upgraded to .122 the day it became official from bell and havent changed since... the battery life is average for me, around 10 hours if im using it heavily.. its overall fast and responsive.. only a little lagggy at times.. i boot up at around 45 mb and leak to 35 over the course of a day.. so no worries there.. im still loving this OS its very stable and ive only had to perform ONE manual reboot in the past month or so (i have quickpull that runs every night). Im very happy with this OS and feel the most secure as it IS an official from a major carrier.. i would encourage anyone who is wary of beats to upgrade now to this OS and never look back!!! On a side note, my youtube app didnt work with this app at first but after a few days it worked fine. i would like the browser to be a little snappier and the camera to operate smoother, but other than that i am pretty content..
    I just did a series of several shots of my Amazon parrots and the camera was quick and responsive. Gotta disagree with that remark. But hey, if we all agreed about everything, or even about something this wouldn't be Crackberry now would it?
    05-16-09 09:32 AM
    I am .122 and I love it.
    05-16-09 09:38 AM
    The thing you gotta remember is the first 24-48hrs are initial results. You gotta give the OS time (IMO...5 days minimum) to settle in and let the hardware/software get used to each other...if you can understand that. I've been on Crackman's v5 for 8 days and my phone is damn near perfect, however the first 3 days or so it was leaking memory like crazy...would boot up at 55mb but by night it would be down as low as 32. About the 4th or 5th day it only gets down to 45 with the same amount of use. Ironically, the only change I've made since loading it was i stopped QuickPull from rebooting it every morning. Give a new OS a week or so and you'll see more consistent results...whether good or bad.

05-16-09 09:39 AM
    I'm on .122 as well and find it to be one of the better builds. The lock issue on .141 was a deal breaker for me. I have great battery life and very little spinning clock. I'm sure I'll try something else if another leak comes along, but I'm pretty content right now. It can only get better I hope...
    05-16-09 09:40 AM
    I just downgraded mine and my wife's phone to .122. We were on lyndrical(sp) newest hybrid but I had a severe memory leak. She was complaining about Storm Slider problems.

I have 2 relatives coming over today and I am going to upgrade them from .75 to .122...I figure if and when VZW ever comes out with an update they should be able to OTA from .122 since other carriers have approved it.
    05-16-09 09:41 AM
    im jealous!! for me it still lags a bit and i have to hold the phone perfectly still to get good pics, however when i do get a good pic, they are pretty dang impressive for a mobile phone. when im flicking through my pics (100 or so) it sometimes gets stuck on one or there is a delay before it will flick to the next pic.. but dont get me wrong... its a HUGE improvement over .75.. lol. and you gotta love the diversity of experiences we all share with one another via crackberry, its a great site!!
    05-16-09 09:42 AM
    I love .122. I did try .132 for a couple of days before coming back.

05-16-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD