With all the bad news on the official release of .148, is it worth upgrading? I find .122 very stable, good battery life, decent camera, all apps working properly.

What are your guys thoughts? If it is worth the upgrade, can you please post a link to the file.

Thanks in advance,
    06-01-09 10:00 AM
    I liked .122 but like every other addict around here, I've tried every leak since. The only one I really hated was .141 because of the lock bug and poor radio .cod. Personally, I like .148 better than .122 simply because of the mem leak. They all have leaked on my devices but .148 has handled it better than any.

I think what you may be reading into all these threads may have a lot to do with user error/operating. If you check out alot of the abuser/addicts, we are not experiencing many of the issues you are reading about.

IMHO download .148. Do a backup with DM, then run the .148 .exe and use AppLoader instead of DM to do the install. No problems....

-Good Luck-
    06-01-09 10:18 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the input!
    06-01-09 10:53 AM
    yep i liked 148 better than the .122
    just because of the memory leaks
    06-01-09 11:07 AM
    Still can't get the OTA on .122. Anybody else had any luck getting the OTA from a leaked OS?
    06-01-09 12:35 PM
    No joy....All the coworkers that I've installed leaks on can't OTA the .148
    About 10 at work another 7 outside of work...None will OTA .148
    06-01-09 12:39 PM
    The reason I switched from 122 to 148 is that I get that particular issue where my screen remain blank if a custom ringtone comes up.
    06-01-09 12:42 PM
    Still can't get the OTA on .122. Anybody else had any luck getting the OTA from a leaked OS?
    Had that same problem when I was on .122. I had to downgrade before it showed up in options>advanced options>wireless updates.

The ota was a real breeze to install, although is did mess up my facebook which I had to delete then reinstall.
    06-01-09 12:54 PM
    OK, as a .122 user, I see in a few different threads that I have to downgrade to .75 to do an OTA. Hate to do that and find out, I still can't get the update. So can anyone definitively state that you need to downgrade to last official version i.e .75 before you can do an OTA???
    06-01-09 01:05 PM
    OK, as a .122 user, I see in a few different threads that I have to downgrade to .75 to do an OTA. Hate to do that and find out, I still can't get the update. So can anyone definitively state that you need to downgrade to last official version i.e .75 before you can do an OTA???
    There has been a few people that claimed that they did a successful ota with a beta os.

By the way since you are downgrading anyway why don't you just use your dm to do the upgrade. (Unless you are using a Mac)

If you need help just fallow the sticky in my sig.
    06-01-09 01:16 PM
    06-01-09 02:11 PM
    Confirmed then.....Downgrade to upgrade.....Or use Ronindan's suggestion and try DM to Download the .148 OS the install to your device....Remember... always backup device
    06-01-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD