I just got a replacement Storm2 and it says that I have to charge the battery for 12 hours before even turning it on? Is this one of those old battery myths or should I actually pay attention to this? Thanks.
    04-22-10 11:59 AM
    It couldnt hurt. One of the trouble shooting processes is to drain the battery and recharge, so charging it completely initially is doing the same thing. I would recommend it.
    04-22-10 12:10 PM
    It couldnt hurt. One of the trouble shooting processes is to drain the battery and recharge, so charging it completely initially is doing the same thing. I would recommend it.
    completely drain it or just down to like 2-5%?

this battery talk is so confusing. Some people say not to let it ever drain completely.
    04-22-10 12:52 PM
    i always drain mine completely then charge it up completely when i get a new toy
    04-22-10 01:23 PM
    completely drain it or just down to like 2-5%?

this battery talk is so confusing. Some people say not to let it ever drain completely.
    I drain 100%. the radio will turn itself off, then the phone will try to reboot. Plug it in and let it charge all the way up. Always worked for me.
    04-22-10 01:48 PM
    I've had mine for 1.5 weeks now. I'm not happy with my battery life, I don't think 8%/hr with texting, twitter every hour and light/moderate browsing is what I should be getting. Anyone think its not recommended to fully drain now and fully charge?
    04-22-10 02:08 PM
    I read somewhere that the S2 has a certain type of battery that does not require "conditioning". I tried remembering where I read it but couldn't find it. If I come across it I will post it. But I can't imagine it would hurt the battery to drain all the way then charge it back up. Thats what they suggest you do with laptops.
    04-22-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD