I am currently running the .114 hybrid OS. I accidently uninstalled BB Maps last night and ever since then when I click on my weatherbug app, I need to do a battery pull as it freezes up. I'm hoping I can just re-install BB Maps and it will fix the problem, but I have been searching for the last hour trying to find a link to reinstall BB Maps. The version on blackberry.com says my phone is not compatible and I didn't find an OTA.

Any help on finding a place to get BB Maps back for my Storm would be awesome.

I'm wearing my flame retardent suit right now just in case
    03-20-09 12:40 PM
    You need to re-install it with DM
    03-20-09 12:43 PM
    Go to apploader and select it from there to get reinstalled. apploader can be found at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\ then double click on the loader.exe file
    03-20-09 12:45 PM
    You need to re-install it with DM
    Got it. Will try when I get home tonight. Do you think the weatherbug issue is caused by not having BB Maps installed?
    03-20-09 12:45 PM
    Weather Bug MUST have BBMaps installed in order to work. That's what it uses to find locations and send the info to your phone.
    03-20-09 12:47 PM
    Weather Bug MUST have BBMaps installed in order to work. That's what it uses to find locations and send the info to your phone.
    Exactly...u must have it
    03-20-09 12:54 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses all. IS their a better weather program out there? I like WB, but if their is something better, I's like to check it out. Thanks again.
    03-20-09 12:57 PM
    WB was the best one i tried but i ditched BBmaps because it sucks and Google Maps is way better so i had to ditch WB too.

I just recently installed WeatherEye and its working pretty damn good. Pretty home screen icon too..only difference is you cant have multiple locations loaded up - its just one at a time but otherwise its great.
    03-20-09 01:16 PM
    WB was the best one i tried but i ditched BBmaps because it sucks and Google Maps is way better so i had to ditch WB too.

I just recently installed WeatherEye and its working pretty damn good. Pretty home screen icon too..only difference is you cant have multiple locations loaded up - its just one at a time but otherwise its great.
    thats exactly why i stuck with weather bug i prefer the multiple locations
    03-20-09 01:28 PM
    When I go through apploader is does not give me the option for bb maps? it only lists the programs I currently have on my device. Do I have to download it somewhere first.
    03-20-09 03:15 PM
    It should be in apploader, apploader should show all default applications and have check boxes next to them so you can add or remove applications.
    03-20-09 03:22 PM
    thats exactly why i stuck with weather bug i prefer the multiple locations

I travel for work so I love multiple locations but BBmaps really sucks and it takes some space so I removed it. It took me a few batt pulls to figure out what was going on with WB and the frozen os afterwards though lol

To compensate I started keeping multiple locations in my viigo...so I can keep track and then when I transition cities I just switch the primary in WeatherEye
    03-20-09 03:23 PM
    It should be in apploader, apploader should show all default applications and have check boxes next to them so you can add or remove applications.
    It's not. It's only showing me what's currently on my phone. And I all of a sudden have a lowercase 1xev for the past hour. I was running so great on hybrid .114 until today.
    03-20-09 03:25 PM
    I travel for work so I love multiple locations but BBmaps really sucks and it takes some space so I removed it. It took me a few batt pulls to figure out what was going on with WB and the frozen os afterwards though lol

To compensate I started keeping multiple locations in my viigo...so I can keep track and then when I transition cities I just switch the primary in WeatherEye

ok thats is another option I never really thought of that, even though i prefer the convenience of one program.
    03-20-09 03:25 PM
    It's not. It's only showing me what's currently on my phone. And I all of a sudden have a lowercase 1xev for the past hour. I was running so great on hybrid .114 until today.
    And you went to apploader the way tko described in his post?
    03-20-09 03:26 PM
    And you went to apploader the way tko described in his post?
    Exactly as he described. I'll try to get a screen shot.
    03-20-09 03:30 PM
    I do too. Hopefully either Appworld has some new stuff or maybe WB can make it an option for which program, either BBmaps or Google Maps you want it to use the same way poynt does.
    03-20-09 03:30 PM
    Heres a link to download BB Maps for the Storm

BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com
    03-20-09 03:33 PM
    I do too. Hopefully either Appworld has some new stuff or maybe WB can make it an option for which program, either BBmaps or Google Maps you want it to use the same way poynt does.
    Yeah they really need to give us the option of which program to use.
    03-20-09 03:34 PM
    Heres a link to download BB Maps for the Storm

BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com
    Already tried this and it won't let you download to your comp and when I go there with my device it says my device is incompatible with that version.
    03-20-09 03:35 PM
    Already tried this and it won't let you download to your comp and when I go there with my device it says my device is incompatible with that version.
    Try closing apploader, disconnecting your device and plugging it back in starting apploader again....also try with desktop manager...and i believe u could also do a restore with destop manager as another resort
    Last edited by chuk1005; 03-20-09 at 03:42 PM.
    03-20-09 03:39 PM
    got me then. maybe its something with the hybrid youre running. i just checked the link and didnt work for me either. its a little beyond my scope, but maybe someone here can post it for you and link it.
    03-20-09 03:41 PM
    got me then. maybe its something with the hybrid youre running. i just checked the link and didnt work for me either. its a little beyond my scope, but maybe someone here can post it for you and link it.
    Yeah it should work with apploader, im not sure whats going on there and im still at work so I cant even check it on my side to see exactly what I do.
    Last edited by chuk1005; 03-20-09 at 03:50 PM.
    03-20-09 03:43 PM
    I just checked my apploader and its still sitting there unchecked if I want to reload it. Sorry man Im gonna have to tap out on this one..
    03-20-09 03:48 PM
    I uninstalled bbmaps. My weatherbug app works fine.
    03-20-09 04:58 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD