was wondering if someone could do a straight up comparison between the two....searced the forums and people seemed to like the hybrid but didn't say what they always came from...

Thanks.
    03-29-09 02:54 PM
    I would be curious to see a comparison as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 05:13 PM
    I am also confused of which one to get. I'm on .75 right now and I really want to upgrade lol
    03-29-09 05:35 PM
    I have .113 too and wondering if I should stick with it or try v3. I'm happy with my .113 (no problems) so I'm inclined to stick with it unless something is significantly different in v3.
    03-29-09 05:37 PM
    I have ran all of his hybrids currently V3...It is awesome...Super fast browser, accelerometer is really fast, I seem to get a better signal, No memory leak as of yet (actually increased), No battery drain.....Highly reccomend.....

Side note- I heard .113 and V2 were pretty much the same so I never downloaded .113...
    03-29-09 05:44 PM
    I am also confused of which one to get. I'm on .75 right now and I really want to upgrade lol
    Poor you dude! You must hate your storm! Join the stormnation and upgrade that $hitt
    03-29-09 05:47 PM
    If you're still running .75, you can't go wrong with either! Personally, I'm rocking the hybrid... have used v1, v2 and now v3.
    03-29-09 05:52 PM
    I am using the 9530 version of .113 since it has been released and it is running great. Battery life is good and memory is anywhere between 48 to 53mb.

The powers that be really haven't disclosed what went into the V3 hybrid and I really don't think it is a good idea to install software from an unsigned source. One of the basic rules of securing a system is to never install any software from a developer that is not trusted. They could easily slip in some malicious software into the build and no one would ever know. If they would explain what they did, I would be happy to duplicate the hybrid for my own use with the modules from the Blackberry signed betas releases.

There seems to be a secret society brewing over at blackberryos.com. Keep in mind that this site has only be up and running for a couple of months. They are creating this hype about their hybrid by giving a release date and only giving it to selected people initially with the reasoning that they want to make sure it is working well before they release it. Everyone here knows that any beta you test might have problems and you are taking a risk. Please, they are just copying and pasting files into folders. From the way everyone is talking, it is like the second coming.
    03-29-09 06:03 PM
    I am using the 9530 version of .113 since it has been released and it is running great. Battery life is good and memory is anywhere between 48 to 53mb.

The powers that be really haven't disclosed what went into the V3 hybrid and I really don't think it is a good idea to install software from an unsigned source. One of the basic rules of securing a system is to never install any software from a developer that is not trusted. They could easily slip in some malicious software into the build and no one would ever know. If they would explain what they did, I would be happy to duplicate the hybrid for my own use with the modules from the Blackberry signed betas releases.

There seems to be a secret society brewing over at blackberryos.com. Keep in mind that this site has only be up and running for a couple of months. They are creating this hype about their hybrid by giving a release date and only giving it to selected people initially with the reasoning that they want to make sure it is working well before they release it. Everyone here knows that any beta you test might have problems and you are taking a risk. Please, they are just copying and pasting files into folders. From the way everyone is talking, it is like the second coming.
    +1

My memory isn't as high as that but I have a ton (40+) apps installed also. But my phone runs great on .113
    03-29-09 06:07 PM
    I have tried V2, .113 and currently running V3 since this morning. Don't see much difference so far. Everything works snappy and if you are uncomfortible playing with Hybrids,then stick with .113. Either one is great. The only reason I installed V3 is I just wanted to see what could be possibly improved. With April 1st a couple days away, I probably wouldn't bother to much at all. My gutt tells me that there is going to be an official OS much higher than 113 just around the corner, but thats just my guess.
    03-29-09 06:20 PM
    Since they are basically the same speed wise, Which one has no issues with the MMS and the keyboard? If i remember the V3 doesn't have the new copy paste feature, I'm not sure though. I think i just might go with the .113 so I don't mess anything up with the hybrid.
    03-29-09 06:52 PM
    Ive run .113 and the v3 hybrid..For me, V3 is a ton better then .113 for the extra battery life alone. With .113 my battery was sucked dry before the end of the day. With V3 I'm not even half way through the battery and its nearing bed time.
    Ive also noticed that everything has been running fluidly with V3..I cant say the same for .113 in my experience with it.
    The true test will be how well V3 will handle after a couple days. When I first installed .113 it was great, but slowly deteriorated into a POS OS.
    03-29-09 07:42 PM
    I've read many posts about the BBCrackman hybrids that have made the same claims which each successive version. If you read thru the V3 reports they read just like the V2 posts did. So just using the accelerometer or keyboard claims of "being much better with no delays" with both versions then it doesn't make sense.

Personally I think there is a placebo effect here, I tried the V2 and saw very little improvement over .103 which I moved from and no difference from .113 which I'm running now.
    03-29-09 07:56 PM
    The V3 hybrid DOES have the new copy/paste feature. Someone said it didn't but that wad a mistake. 113 sucked for me within a day, so only time will tell. So far V3 is nice. I had my own 113/114/109 hybrid for a while and V2 as well. They were all good, but I'm hoping V3 will remain even better.

To the poster above who is worried about what is in the hybrid - you can check aLl the components in DM (after installing on computer) before actually loading it onto your Storm....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 08:00 PM
    I've read many posts about the BBCrackman hybrids that have made the same claims which each successive version. If you read thru the V3 reports they read just like the V2 posts did. So just using the accelerometer or keyboard claims of "being much better with no delays" with both versions then it doesn't make sense.

Personally I think there is a placebo effect here, I tried the V2 and saw very little improvement over .103 which I moved from and no difference from .113 which I'm running now.
    Also that most people who post such incredible improvements are usually people trying a new version for the first time since .75. So any time a new update comes out, you're gonna have tons of people saying it's incredibly fast compared to their old one, which makes it difficult to figure things out.
    03-29-09 08:11 PM
    Also that most people who post such incredible improvements are usually people trying a new version for the first time since .75. So any time a new update comes out, you're gonna have tons of people saying it's incredibly fast compared to their old one, which makes it difficult to figure things out.
    I totally agree with that. I only noticed a big difference when upgrading from .75 to .109. Didn't hardly notice anything to .114 v1 and as of 3:00 this afternoon no real difference to v3. I hear things about battery life and better signal, but have never noticed any of these differences on the higher up software, still doing a battery pull every 2 to 3 days at the most, which i must say is something i dont have an issue with with the pearl. hopefully .185 & .188 will bring us something good to drool over. and then 4.8 which the verizon rep told me was just around the corner.
    03-29-09 08:45 PM
    I totally agree with that. I only noticed a big difference when upgrading from .75 to .109. Didn't hardly notice anything to .114 v1 and as of 3:00 this afternoon no real difference to v3. I hear things about battery life and better signal, but have never noticed any of these differences on the higher up software, still doing a battery pull every 2 to 3 days at the most, which i must say is something i dont have an issue with with the pearl. hopefully .185 & .188 will bring us something good to drool over.and then 4.8 which the verizon rep told me was just around the corner.
    Don't listen to your verizon rep, there is no 4.8 coming out for the storm.
    03-29-09 09:39 PM
    Since you want a comparison of them together I can help with that...

App Verison 4.7.0.103
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    *Memory is low, but function appears to work normally.
    *Radio code is fair, better than .109 version.
    *MMS works for me, but has worked for all my versions I've used.
    *Accelerometer is extremely fast with locking, but is touchy with other screens.
    *Battery Life is Fair, running bluetooth drains the battery. Using little data/phone makes the Battery Life better.
    *Very few bugs if any, but I have seen a few such as Slacker Radio shutting down if you just press the end key (May be on my part only)
    ----------------------------------
    V3 Hybrid 4.7.0.114
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    *Memory is higher than of the .113 and .109, and does not drain fast but some functionality is limited when it is lower.
    *Battery life is high, but again, on my phone, Bluetooth drains it (more than in .113 unfortunately)
    *MMS works in this build.
    *Radio Code is Good, it is not as great as .90 codes for EDGE/edge but for 1XEV it is near on spot.
    *Accelerometer is just as responsive in this build as .113
    *Locking was slower in this build. However it wasn't as slow as some other builds.
    *A good note, for my phone, running more than 3 apps (especially 1 as radio app) that have at least 1MB download memory on it, caused a pretty hefty slow down on the phone, even with Memory above 30MB+

Overall, I believe it is up to you. My phone loves .113 better than the hybrid alone, but mixed reviews are everywhere. Some love it and some don't. HOWEVER it doesn't hurt to give it a try and if your phone rejects it like a belly ring, well; you can always "get rid of it" and go back to .113.

My phones winner in the end: 4.7.0.113 (No Hybrid)
    03-29-09 11:18 PM
    Don't listen to your verizon rep, there is no 4.8 coming out for the storm.
    well crush my hopes and dreams. Thanks.
    03-29-09 11:44 PM
    Which is better .113 or .114 v3 ?? Anyone else campare the 2 OSs?
    Last edited by riahon; 03-30-09 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added comment
    03-30-09 10:46 PM
    back to .113, i loved the browser speed of .114 v3, but my phone overall seemed to run a lot smoother on .113. one note, i had mms issues, no audio when sending video, on both os's.
    03-30-09 10:55 PM
    I ran .113 for the weekend and experienced a higher then usual number of battery pulls. The phone just locked up. Was kind of annoying.

I had v2 prior to that, so I installed v3 Sunday night. I like v3 alot better. Phone seems more responsive, and have had no reboots. I also think battery life is a little better.

As far as unsigned software... perhaps a good point, especially if you are on a BES, but with the ability to easily reformat your phone I'm fairly comfortable that it's a risk wirth taking. I also trust that the hybrid is simply a combination of the various versions of the parts of the OS. Radio code from this version, keyboard from here, etc.
    03-31-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD