So I installed .113 this morning and I have no internet.

After I installed the new OS, I restored my 3rd party apps and all the backup info (for contacts my contacts, mail setups, etc.)

I have pulled the battery,
    I have called *228 and done options 1 and 2 (twice), no luck.

I cannot connect to the internet, no browser, no weatherbug updates, no sending email, nothing.

I've cleared the browser history,
    Under Options>Mobile Network: Data Services are on,
    Mobile Network is Verizon (my carrier),
    Network Selection Mode is Automatic
    Network technology is: Global

Not sure what I've done wrong. Help would be appreciated.
    03-28-09 01:56 PM
    So I installed .113 this morning and I have no internet.

After I installed the new OS, I restored my 3rd party apps and all the backup info (for contacts my contacts, mail setups, etc.)

I have pulled the battery,
    I have called *228 and done options 1 and 2 (twice), no luck.

I cannot connect to the internet, no browser, no weatherbug updates, no sending email, nothing.

I've cleared the browser history,
    Under Options>Mobile Network: Data Services are on,
    Mobile Network is Verizon (my carrier),
    Network Selection Mode is Automatic
    Network technology is: Global

Not sure what I've done wrong. Help would be appreciated.
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB button>Register now

Good Luck. Wait for message from BlackBerry
    Last edited by MePascal; 10-11-10 at 02:12 PM.
    03-28-09 02:02 PM
    Thank you much for the help.

Any Idea how long that response for BB typically takes?
    03-28-09 02:09 PM
    Thank you much for the help.

Any Idea how long that response for BB typically takes?
    You should get a message on your phone that your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.
    Last edited by MePascal; 03-28-09 at 02:23 PM.
    03-28-09 02:19 PM
    it worked! thank you kindly!
    03-28-09 03:15 PM
    also you might want to change the network from global to 1XEV just fyi
    03-28-09 03:17 PM
    also you might want to change the network from global to 1XEV just fyi
    I really don't understand the logic behind switching from global to 1XEV. I have done this to no avail. It seems really inconsequential. However, I have been wrong before you know. I am very open minded as to an explanation for the suggestion.
    03-28-09 03:44 PM
    I really don't understand the logic behind switching from global to 1XEV. I have done this to no avail. It seems really inconsequential. However, I have been wrong before you know. I am very open minded as to an explanation for the suggestion.
    i was under the understanding (and i could be 100% wrong here so if i am please correct me) that putting it on 1XEV only searches for that signal. putting it on global allows it to search for any signal it can get which in turn can hurt battery life. again i may be 100%+ wrong about this and if i am please let me know.
    03-28-09 03:47 PM
    i was under the understanding (and i could be 100% wrong here so if i am please correct me) that putting it on 1XEV only searches for that signal. putting it on global allows it to search for any signal it can get which in turn can hurt battery life. again i may be 100%+ wrong about this and if i am please let me know.
    This is what causes all the problems with browser not working after an upgrade.

About service books

About service books
    Service books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry device.

Your wireless service provider or administrator can send service books to your device over the wireless network. If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you can also receive service books on your device by connecting your device to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

The device does not know to do this until it is told to do this.
    I don't feel it has anything to do with the Mobile Network.
    03-28-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD