I upgraded to the .113 "official" for the 9530 and geotagging seems a bit iffy. (Yes, I searched the forum for this!) It won't come on by itself. I have to use either BB maps or google maps to get the gps "on", then geotagging works fine. If I don't do that, then it won't come on at all. Has anyone else seen this?

For the record, this is the first real "issue" I've ever had with the phone or any os!
    03-29-09 09:24 AM
    This is not a problem with the OS itself but the way that geotagging works. Since it relies on the picking up satellites in order for it to get your correct location it may take a while to do so. By using an app such as BB Maps you are speeding up the process since your current location is being cached. I have noticed it on every OS that has been leaked that it can take any where from 5 seconds to a minute for it to pick up my location while using it. I have taken several pictures with the geotagging feature enabled since installing .113 and each time it took about 10 seconds at most to get a fix on my location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD