Keep in mind that the .113 that we are using, is a leaked, beta OS. What Verizon will be releasing, is official, meaning bugs will probably be non-existent hopefully.
    03-30-09 09:18 PM
    Well that sucks. .113 is horrible for GSM users.
    maybe I am wrong but if VZW releases this as an "official" release, what do they care if it does not work on GSM??? They are the ones using it as official, not RIM.

I may be way off base here but that is how I see it
    03-30-09 09:19 PM
    I've been following this .113 thing and I can't decide on whether I should change it. Could someone tell me what would be the benfit of going to .113?
    03-30-09 09:20 PM
    Keep in mind that the .113 that we are using, is a leaked, beta OS. What Verizon will be releasing, is official, meaning bugs will probably be non-existent hopefully.
    But it won't be .113. It has bugs and vzw doesn't fix or change the OS. They test per a script and report back bugs found. Which is a lot. So hence the reason for the thread. What's the next viable OS to get from RIM to VZW?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:22 PM
    I've been following this .113 thing and I can't decide on whether I should change it. Could someone tell me what would be the benfit of going to .113?
    Depends on
    1. What OS you're currently running
    2. If the rumors are true

Pretty much every OS leak has improved something over .75. Speed being chief. So if you're running .75, you'll prolly get a speed boost. How big, dunno... I barely remember breakfast, let alone .75

If the rumors are true and .113 is going to be official, the other advantage is you'll get to upgrade early
    03-30-09 09:24 PM
    maybe I am wrong but if VZW releases this as an "official" release, what do they care if it does not work on GSM??? They are the ones using it as official, not RIM.

I may be way off base here but that is how I see it
    Yeah yeah i get that. Point is the 9530 supports GSM and RIM is putting out builds for testing that leave a gapping hole is the Storms advertised functionality.
    03-30-09 09:25 PM
    Yeah yeah i get that. Point is the 9530 supports GSM and RIM is putting out builds for testing that leave a gapping hole is the Storms advertised functionality.
    Prolly a huge reason why none of the leaks made it to official. The official release will support GSM with a vzw SIM for sure. Idk about unlocked and other carriers SIMs. Don't use GSM so I'm not versed in how that works.

03-30-09 10:09 PM
    hmm this sucks i was hoping for....idk...more u know lol like it still doesnt seem finished dont get me wrong im gunna like it but still i wish there was more
    It's just ONE update. It's not the end all fix for the device.
    03-30-09 10:16 PM
    i just hope they can speed up the friggin' camera! that is honestly my only beef. everything else is tolerable for now. i used my old curve i gave to my brother to take a pix, and it was like living in the future or something! so fast and responsive, but only 1.3 megapixels...
    03-30-09 10:53 PM
    radioguinea already said it in another thread.....

.113 is .113 - there are no "official" and "non-official" builds. Just .113
    03-30-09 10:56 PM
    .113 already officially failed. Its Definitely not gonna be .113.
    Just wondering how you seem to be so sure about this? Definitely is a pretty strong word....
    03-30-09 10:58 PM
    Just wondering how you seem to be so sure about this? Definitely is a pretty strong word....
    besides the fact that i work for vzw, used to work customer service, and very close associates/bff/male heterosexual life partner tests products for VZW at a very high level? the fact that mms doesn't work without making a frankenstein OS is a pretty good indicator. you know how F'ed they'd be to release an OS that can't forward mms or create a new one with any pix that weren't taken with the phone?

that'd be a huge FAILBOAT carrying .113 going all the way back to canada...
    03-30-09 11:02 PM
    Please do your research before posting stuff like that. .113 leak and .113 release (if it happens) are exactly the same other than the vendor.xml, bundled language packs, and maybe an upgraded theme.

Verizon can't do anything but test and then either accept or reject the build. They don't make changes and when RIM makes changes the version number goes up.
    03-30-09 11:20 PM
    Please do your research before posting stuff like that. .113 leak and .113 release (if it happens) are exactly the same other than the vendor.xml, bundled language packs, and maybe an upgraded theme.

Verizon can't do anything but test and then either accept or reject the build. They don't make changes and when RIM makes changes the version number goes up.
    thanks for supporting my previous statement rocka. maybe people will pay attention to what you say...since they sure as H*E*L*L* don't listen to a D*A*M*N* word i say!!!
    03-30-09 11:30 PM
    What is the next logical OS build to be sent to vzw for testing?

.118 was supposed to be pretty solid from what I heard from a software tester buddy I know from another forum.
    03-30-09 11:34 PM
    thanks for supporting my previous statement rocka. maybe people will pay attention to what you say...since they sure as H*E*L*L* don't listen to a D*A*M*N* word i say!!!
    No problem. People often don't listen to me either, don't take it personally.
    03-30-09 11:35 PM
    nope the next os will be .112! it will be the best out there you will all see! jk jk
    03-30-09 11:38 PM
    my friend who works for vzw and I have been joking about exaggerated improvements to OS releases he tests, he can't read CB due to NDA and they monitor his internet usage, he only has the corporate laptop and BBA card, so they can do that...but he says ".385 will have a soda dispenser, kinfe sharpener, GPS guided missles, roflcopter come out of the battery cover, but no mms and wifi". so be careful what you wish for guys!
    03-30-09 11:40 PM
    .113 CAN'T be official, I mean MMS doesn't even work on the damn thing
    03-31-09 04:23 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD