POST YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THE .113 STORM!

Well, I've never been one to start threads, but here goes.

Reguardless of what you've read here guys. .113 has given me my Blackberry back and i just wanted to start some GOOD user reports to go with the plethora of wilco tango foxtrot posts i keep seeing. These forums have been HELLA entertaining the last few weeks, but it's time the average user started contributing instead of lurking. So here it is.

I got my STORM in January (after upgrading from a curve)and ran .75 for a few weeks, but then was tempted to run .90 when it came out. It was definately faster, but things would just glitch out. I came from a Curve so i was a bumbed about the loss of what i'll call a "seamless experience" that i felt in the Curve. I went back to .75 in mid feb and stayed there till last week when i upgraded to .113 hearing it was the RC for Verizion. After installing .113 last week I can honestly say, that seamless experience is back on my Blackberry.

Finally my Storm is doing what it's supposed too. All my messages forward, programs run without glitching, and the browser integration and copy/paste features are now SOOO much nicer. Speed is night and day and my battery is back to normal. I never got into the "memory app" debate, but i did know that more than 2 programs was curtains by mid-day.

I'm currently running .113 after a fresh upgrade from .75 (Civic is on to something over there in the Beta forums) and have the following programs running flawlessly:

Slingplayer Mobile
    Acro Bible -NIV/Matthew O'Henry's Condensed/KJV (for my philosophy of religion class)
    Slacker Mobile
    I<3Radio
    BeamBerry to print via Bluetooth
    Google Maps
    Facebook
    Weatherbug
    Youtube
    I use a randomn assortment of these all day and have had NO trouble.

My hardware is all working!
    16Gb Sandisk
    Jabra 8040 stereo bluetooth (THAT FREAKING ROCKS for watching movies and listening to music via bluetooth i say this cause it didn't work in any other build i used .75, .90, and .103 for a day)
    Motorolla bluetooth hub for car
    Sync with both my work computer and home computer.

Thanks RIM... loving my STORM. FINALLY! WOOT!
    03-31-09 02:35 PM
    .113 is a really good stepping stone, i hope the address the HUGE list of bugs that VZW testers have...i'm in no rush, i'd rather them get it right than push the tempo and miss stuff.

.113 works pretty well...
    03-31-09 08:08 PM
    Agreed. Significant difference from other previous OS. Im still debating whether or not to install one of the latest hybrids. Getting a little anxious for the "bigger, better" OS.
    03-31-09 08:23 PM
    Besides the color degrade on this OS .113 everything is good justnfix the mms cod file with .86 then everything is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 08:29 PM
    I upgraded to .113 and it runs good.
    04-01-09 08:17 AM
    can anyone explain to me how to upgrade the OS to .113? i bought the storm last week and keep reading how much better the upgrade is but i have no idea how to install it.
    04-01-09 03:26 PM
    The low-standards on this forum disappoints me.
    So, lets congratulate rim for getting half-way there? Is this what you want?
    Congratulations RIM on making my Storm WORK! Well, sort of..

Let me Go Praise the Apple' Iphone Dev's in Cali and Thank them for letting me use Cut and Paste in the next OS

I'm not buying into it. This device still has a long way to go.
    04-01-09 03:29 PM
    i just hope what ever version they give VZW is UBER advanced with coffee makers and the roflcopter that comes out of the battery compartment...
    04-01-09 06:07 PM
    The low-standards on this forum disappoints me.
    So, lets congratulate rim for getting half-way there? Is this what you want?
    Congratulations RIM on making my Storm WORK! Well, sort of..

Let me Go Praise the Apple' Iphone Dev's in Cali and Thank them for letting me use Cut and Paste in the next OS

I'm not buying into it. This device still has a long way to go.
    Lack of official OS is not RIM's fault. RIM does not release device software. That blame falls on the carriers. Blame VZW/Voda/Bell and Telus for their snail pace and anal nature. There are known versions in the .14x range. Bethca 50 bucks that those versions can sing the star spangled banner while flying through transitions and bringing up webpages at the speed of light. Unfortunatly the carriers are holding us up.
    04-01-09 06:24 PM
    Lack of official OS is not RIM's fault. RIM does not release device software. That blame falls on the carriers. Blame VZW/Voda/Bell and Telus for their snail pace and anal nature. There are known versions in the .14x range. Bethca 50 bucks that those versions can sing the star spangled banner while flying through transitions and bringing up webpages at the speed of light. Unfortunatly the carriers are holding us up.
    keep in mind that RIM has to give them to the carriers also. they only give one at a time, and they expect the carrier to compete testing and report found bugs before they allow it to be released by the carrier as their "offically supported software". so it's kind of like "s*it rolls down hill" right onto all of us...
    04-01-09 06:37 PM
    Bingo
    Valace2 no matter who says what RIM produces these builds nobody else
    Rim should know if they're building quality
    keep in mind that RIM has to give them to the carriers also. they only give one at a time, and they expect the carrier to compete testing and report found bugs before they allow it to be released by the carrier as their "offically supported software". so it's kind of like "s*it rolls down hill" right onto all of us...
    04-01-09 06:42 PM
    Bingo
    Valace2 no matter who says what RIM produces these builds nobody else
    Rim should know if they're building quality

I think what you are saying is that it is RIM's fault that VZW is only testing
    .113, and that RIM should know that .113 is simply ok, and not the groundbreaking OS we all were hoping for?

Am I correct?
    04-01-09 06:52 PM
    what i am saying is it is a group effort. RIM writes the code, and does internal tests. they send it to VZW for approval, and to also report any findings they might have in return. there is no end to the testing. it is always evolving and improving. even the next offical will most likely will have a list of "known issues" that will be adressed at a later date with a new build. bottom line is this process takes time, and you can be impatient, but blame doesn't change anything or help the situation any...
    04-01-09 06:54 PM
    what i am saying is it is a group effort. RIM writes the code, and does internal tests. they send it to VZW for approval, and to also report any findings they might have in return. there is no end to the testing. it is always evolving and improving. even the next offical will most likely will have a list of "known issues" that will be adressed at a later date with a new build. bottom line is this process takes time, and you can be impatient, but blame doesn't change anything or help the situation any...
    Ah ok

Thanks for clearing that up. I had never heard that the carriers were only given the OS's one at a time to test. That confuses me. By that logic they gave them .113 to test and built .12x that was even better but because VZW is still testing .113 RIM holds it back.

I have a pretty solid grasp on the process, the one at a time testing thing is throwing me off a bit. I always assumed that RIM built it, decided whether it was worth sending off, and then they would send it off.
    04-01-09 07:11 PM
    hey no problem...that's what i'm here for.

i may not know a lot of things but...hey a jolly rancher!

what was i talking about again?
    04-01-09 07:13 PM
    I can't help but find humor in the fact that the appreciation thread (created to have a break from the complaint threads) has now turned into a complaint thread... It's filled with informative and supported throughout by rationality... But funny none the less.

I am happy with .113, could it get better... of course. But it sure beats .075 so though I want better... I appreciate an improved OS none the less.
    04-03-09 05:30 PM
    That’s how CB rolls Scotty with one "T"...btw I just re-named you. You’re welcome. We go off topic and back on in such a fluid manner, that it all becomes one multi-faceted stream of consciousness.
    04-03-09 08:14 PM
    Yeah.. i tried. lol. I sat in the car today for about twenty minutes and watched headline news on slingplayer while i waited. Recieved two calls during that time and sent an email. All with no hiccups. I'm beginning to think it's just hardware issues that some are dealing with. I whole-heartedly believe they are having problems. I was just hoping to lighten the mood around here.

.113 may have some bugs but at least i'm back to multi-tasking.

Thanks to those of you who did appreciate the thread and sorry to offend others.
    04-04-09 12:41 AM
    You did fine pwncake. Don't trip.

04-04-09 12:43 AM
    I can't help but find humor in the fact that the appreciation thread (created to have a break from the complaint threads) has now turned into a complaint thread... It's filled with informative and supported throughout by rationality... But funny none the less.

I am happy with .113, could it get better... of course. But it sure beats .075 so though I want better... I appreciate an improved OS none the less.
    That should really tell you something there about how people truly feel about the storm. You are happy with an unofficial OS, so apparently you were unhappy with the official OS .75. That's a real problem for the Storm. All these people defending the Storm to the ends of the Earth are the same people that are installing beta software and cobbling together there own OS from bits and pieces of other betas. So it appears that nobody is truly satisfied with the Storm, but are really just trying to convince themselves that they love it. If the Storm was so great it would flat out work, out of the box.

My big question for the Storm supporters is simple. If the Storm was made by say Apple, would you defend it so fervently with all it's problems and issues? I have a feeling that people are defending RIM, who really screwed the pooch here, and are issuing the Storm a free pass because of their love for the BB platform. It's pretty sad that in order to get a halfway functioning device people have been reduced to creating hybrids (I know .113 is not a hybrid) or installing a beta OS on a device many of us paid a lot of money for, just to be kind of usable.
    04-04-09 09:14 AM
    I Love It!!
    04-04-09 02:29 PM
    Friend who works for Rim and running something way beyond 113 says its amazing. He says the problem is that they send it to say Telus who than nit picks at it for something only 1% of people even knows exists on the storm and fewer even use. Thus we are stuck with .75. Being our official.
    As for 113 no real difference I'm seeing between this and 99 I previously had on.
    But not thing on it like some are.

04-04-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD