Could be a coincidence but I've noticed that I keep dropping down 1x or 1X frequently. I checked my wireless settings and I noticed that the network selection is always set to automatic even when I manually change it to Home, it never saves the setting. The problem is that it seems to help them I set the Storm to Home. This usually returns the device to 1XEV for a while. I also have the network tech set to 1XE

Just to put it out there, after the OS install, I went to routing tables and registered. I resent service books and I updated roaming. Of course I've battery pulled about 4 times since then too.

Is there a setting that will force 1XEV?
    03-29-09 10:49 PM
    It's funny, but when i'm in a low 1X service (with 0 or 1 bars left of 1X typically), in .113, i'll switch to EV only and lose 1X completely.

I haven't really had this issue with where 1X goes back and forth other than it completely disappearing. Have you tried calling *228 to update roaming services and resending your Service Books?

Plus have you tried battery pulling and/or are you in a fringe Verizon Area? Some people have major issues with fringe areas, but more with EV then 1X.
    03-29-09 11:08 PM
    Had the same issue...
    03-30-09 12:19 AM
    Plus have you tried battery pulling and/or are you in a fringe Verizon Area? Some people have major issues with fringe areas, but more with EV then 1X.
    I've done all of the above.
    03-30-09 08:26 AM
    Same here.
    03-30-09 08:30 AM
    Yeah, I was on .114 Hybrid V2, and it was horrible. I thought my phone antenna had issues. But I went to .113, and its been slightly better, I would lose data signal some how and had such a hard time getting 1X or 1XEV back. .113 has been alright so far, I'm really hoping an official version is released soon. Try a fresh wipe with JL and install. Thats what I did.
    03-30-09 09:21 AM
    Yeah, I was on .114 Hybrid V2, and it was horrible. I thought my phone antenna had issues. But I went to .113, and its been slightly better, I would lose data signal some how and had such a hard time getting 1X or 1XEV back. .113 has been alright so far, I'm really hoping an official version is released soon. Try a fresh wipe with JL and install. Thats what I did.
    I'm sure I will get "hammered" for saying this, but did you ever try going back to an official .75/.76 release? I bet you it works just fine there
    03-30-09 09:23 AM
    Yeah, I've been stuck in 1xev for the past 2 days. Going to try downgrading to . 75 when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 11:40 AM
    One thing to keep in mind is that Verizon just recently updated the PRL lists because of the Alltel divestment requirement. Update your PRLs with *22899 before you blame the OS too much. Something to try.
    03-30-09 11:48 AM
    One thing to keep in mind is that Verizon just recently updated the PRL lists because of the Alltel divestment requirement. Update your PRLs with *22899 before you blame the OS too much. Something to try.
    How can you tell if the update worked?

Any way to see the version on the PRL's?
    03-30-09 12:43 PM
    I'm sure I will get "hammered" for saying this, but did you ever try going back to an official .75/.76 release? I bet you it works just fine there
    Fair enough, we certainly don't know what issues are being worked out in these releases. It's just a matter of balancing priorities. For my issue, I do think there's a component of falling back to a different network when signal is weak. However, I think that regaining the 1XEV is awkward requiring a restarting of the network, switching between auto and home or in the worst case, a battery pull.
    03-30-09 12:49 PM
    It almost worked. I tried *22899 (worked on the second attempt, not the first), then did a battery pull and had 1XEV for about 30 seconds before it dropped back down to 1x, occasionally 1xev. Girlfriend's curve is sitting next to me with -89 dBm of 1XEV while I have -102 dBm of 1x. =(

Going to attempt the downgrade, just for shiggles, to see if that does anything.
    03-30-09 02:16 PM
    It almost worked. I tried *22899 (worked on the second attempt, not the first), then did a battery pull and had 1XEV for about 30 seconds before it dropped back down to 1x, occasionally 1xev. Girlfriend's curve is sitting next to me with -89 dBm of 1XEV while I have -102 dBm of 1x. =(

Going to attempt the downgrade, just for shiggles, to see if that does anything.
    This is going to be an OS issue then... some OS's have better signal control then others.
    03-30-09 02:18 PM
    How can you tell if the update worked?

Any way to see the version on the PRL's?
    #HELP* Send or #4357* Send.

Check before you update and after to see if the numbers change.
    03-30-09 02:24 PM
    #HELP* Send or #4357* Send.

Check before you update and after to see if the numbers change.
    Thank you...
    03-30-09 02:27 PM
    If you're thinking about downgrading your OS, don't bother, as it won't fix the problem (as Civic suspected all along). Back on the official .75 now and I'm still stuck on 1x next to a Curve that has 1XEV.
    03-30-09 03:30 PM
    I ran into the same problem. after i installed google maps and tried to fix location i lost my 1XEV and it switches btwn 1x and 1xev... cant seem to get data back. I have had .113 for about a week now and up until i instaleld google maps ive had a constant 1XEV.. I was tihnking about restoring from my backup file created last week... if that doesnt work not sure what to do as you guys mentioned downgrading OS still doesnt work? Is it possible a hardware issue has arisen out of the blue? my last resort would be to downgrade and go to the Telus store to get them to do w.e they do when you first buy the phone to load data services.. kind of annoying...
    03-30-09 05:26 PM
    Does the *22899 feature work for Telus as well?

edit: found it with search... *22803 is for telus. Option one re-enabled my 1XEV!
    Last edited by chmiel21; 03-30-09 at 05:37 PM.
    03-30-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD