If you don't feel like reading all this then the short version is I am keeping my storm.

It was 11 hours ago that I got my storm. The first few hours we spent figuring out what does what. The next few hours were spent breaking everything and tweaking settings. At one point I actual re-activated my curve and commited the storm to the return pile. After going back to my curve I missed the strom and my short lived tantrum was over. The remainder of my time with the storm has been trying to deal with the little bugs here and there and try to understand what the best way to use this thing is.

I think I have my storm setup and tweaked to the way I want it to funtion and just about all the things I need/want it to do it will do. I am hoping that the future OS updates will speed things up a bit but all in all I think I am happy with my purchase. I put my curve up on EBAY so I am commited to the partnership now

For those of you who have not received your storm yet, prepair for frustration and maybe even a little madness. If you give this device a honest chance I think it will win you over.
    11-21-08 09:20 PM
    Nice rant..... Still a bit undecided.
    11-21-08 09:21 PM
    Sounds like me. I felt bad putting my old faithful 8830 in my dresser drawer. As I type this.... it's pleading for power. The battery is dying ever so slowly.
    11-21-08 09:22 PM
    I like it I just really hope the os update speeds things up. I'm spoiled by my bolds keyboard so obviously I hope my typing improves on it. I wanted to return it today but I'm gonna give it a couple weeks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:23 PM
    Dude, you should share all your tweaks then!
    I bet you put your curve on a 14 day auction.

What aspect(s) of the storm has won you over?
    Returned mine but expect to one day get it again... I have listed my issues but somehow think they will be resolved over time with more options, app's, and some OS fixes...

I have faith...but would love to start seeing some positive reviews after some updates have been released...
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    I've had mine since 7:15 this morning and I've been on it nonstop all day. I love it and will be keeping it for sure.
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    I felt that way when I was transferring all my data from my Curve to my Storm but now that I've been using it all day I love it! I'm still getting used to typing on it and I really like how the surepress feels.
    11-21-08 09:28 PM
    One advantage the Storm should have over other Blackberry's is how easy most things can be upgraded via software.

Don't like where a button is positioned? No problem because it can now be moved anywhere.

Don't like that a particular button is missing, no problem!

While I am sure there will be some tradeoffs compared to my 8830, I am cautiously optimistic because a touch screen makes changes to the interface so much easier.
    11-21-08 09:32 PM
    What aspect(s) of the storm has won you over?
    There are a lot of things but to name a few:

The screen in NICE. I have not stopped saying WOW that looks good.

The touch... uh click... feature is pretty cool. I like that I can select things with out commiting to the action until I click.

The Sound. It sounds great for what it is. I did not expect anything too big but is is better sounding than I had imagined it would be.

The layout. I like the way the phone is layed out and how intuitive it is. Except for some issues I posted on the board I was able to get to everything I wanted just by taking the logical direction.

The newness ( is that a word?). It is something new. Everything about it is new for me and I LIKE NEW.

The challenge. You have to slow down a little. Speed will come the more I use the device but for now I am happy that the phone makes me think about what I am going to do before I do it. I hated this at first but it has grown on me.

It's smart and for smart people. I know we laughed at the guy from the UK saying that the phone seemed smart. But, he is right, the device looks and feels smart. You can not take the cave man approach and bang away on it. You actually have to USE the device... Hope that makes sense.
    11-21-08 09:34 PM
    people need to calm down...sure ideally the storm or iphone or whatever should work perfectly right out of the box but in reality 1st gen products NEVER do because software is always a little behind hardware.

these bugs that keep getting reported on the Storm will most definitely be corrected in the next upgraded just as the 2.1 upgrade did for the iphone.

So if its buggy but you like/love the Storm, keep it since the OS will be upgraded.

However if you hate the tactile touch screen then return it b/c hardware issues like that won't be fixed
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    How is the one-handed operation? This has always been a BlackBerry strength over touchscreen devices, and I'm dying to know.
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    How is the one-handed operation? This has always been a BlackBerry strength over touchscreen devices, and I'm dying to know.
    I think its easy. I've had it in portrait mode all day when typing using suretype and I can type messages pretty fast. I just slide my thumb over the screen and press the letter I want.
    11-21-08 09:44 PM
    For me it is not a one handed device... at all. But I also hate the suretype mode and most people love it so my opinion might not be what you should go by.
    11-21-08 09:49 PM
    I personally like SureType..guess that I must be the exception to the rule. I personally love my Storm, despite the software issues. I can't wait until the first software update, which should hopefully fix some of the lag issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:54 PM
    Honestly primate, i am in the same exact boat as you...I hyped the phone up so much, that the reviews really made me skeptic. I've had the phone since 7:30, and have been on it non stop. I too have concluded that i am keeping it. It is a beautiful phone with many features, and once you spend a little time with it you realize just how powerful it can be (especially with the soon to come upgrades).

I feel like people are really too quick to judge when they type on this phone, it really does take a while to get used to. But what is funny, is that any keyboard change takes a while, even if it is a physical keyboard. It really does take time, say, if you go from a larger keyboard to a smaller keyboard, AND vice versa...I think too many people forget this...i remember the first time i got a phone with a qwerty keyboard, i hated it and i thought it could never become THAT mainstream...just think about that
    11-21-08 10:01 PM
    Ditto Primate....its getting sweeter by the minute!
    11-21-08 10:02 PM
    I've been tinkering all day long. My frustration level has subsided and I have decided that it was all worth it. Still a couple of quarks but nothing I can't work past. Anyways, I'll keep tinkering until I get it set up the way I want it. For all of you that can't seem to be satisfied with whatever your expectations are, then sorry but I don't know what to say.
    11-21-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD