Has anyone had luck using this leak without having to use a radio code from a different OS?

I keep dropping from EDGE to edge. It won't stay solid if I try to use any when related apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:38 PM
    02-25-09 01:41 PM
    I dont think that answers his question at all.
    On topic, I am running .109 with no modifications and at first it kept switching between edge/EDGE. Now it has been solid EDGE for about 2 days now. Even after a reboot it takes a minute or two but i get EDGE. The only time recently that Ive noticed edge was when I tried to run Cisco's speed test. It doesnt work and puts my phone to edge. Other then that solid. No random restarts, NO VSOD and EDGE. So far so very good. Oh and GMaps runs solid too, havent had a restart with it yet!!
    02-25-09 01:50 PM
    I am using 109 on T-Mobile and do not have any problems. I can say that I have seen this before but I always correct it by re-registering under 'Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - Register Now'.

I do not believe this has happened under 109 though, just previous betas. I really dont think the edge/EDGE thing has anything to do with the OS. I have seen it on more than one occaision and my observation is that is has more to do with network status with RIM. Just my opinion though...
    02-25-09 02:01 PM
    I tried loading it last night and had this issue. I will try again now and do the host routing thing to see if that stabilizes it.

Thanx for the responses, I will post back with my results when I get it running

02-25-09 02:09 PM
    I really am fed up, I think I'm going back to .103 unless any of you have better suggestions. If someone could be nice enough to give me the step by step version of what they did that would be great!!!
    02-25-09 03:31 PM
    I dont think that answers his question at all.
    On topic, I am running .109 with no modifications and at first it kept switching between edge/EDGE. Now it has been solid EDGE for about 2 days now. Even after a reboot it takes a minute or two but i get EDGE. The only time recently that Ive noticed edge was when I tried to run Cisco's speed test. It doesnt work and puts my phone to edge. Other then that solid. No random restarts, NO VSOD and EDGE. So far so very good. Oh and GMaps runs solid too, havent had a restart with it yet!!
    Same here. Sometimes it takes longer much longer than a minute though. LOL!
    02-25-09 03:36 PM
    Ok so I tried everything you all mentioned with no luck. I'm stilll getting the edge when trying to run apps like weatherbug. Any ideas?

02-25-09 04:11 PM
    Bolt is also knocking out my edge

02-25-09 07:08 PM
    Honestly I didnt do anything different then a standard OS upgrade. I did do a JL Wipe before installing. Ran the update with no issues. When it was done I restored my backup then went through the "getting MMS and Browser" routine. I actually just put in the TCP settings for Att and it was working on the web and on EDGE before that with no issues.
    02-25-09 07:56 PM
    Just upgraded to .109 with .90 radio seem to be working fine so far
    I upgraded from .75 and is using t-mobile so hopefully my EDGE stay
    02-25-09 08:01 PM
    I have two full days of .109 on T-Mobile and have not lost EDGE once so if you are experiencing problems, it doesnt sound like it is .109?

My only issues are:

Stereo BT on Video only lasts for about 20 seconds, then gets corrupted
    Once you click mute on a call, you can not unclick it without using the BB button.
    After a day of moderate/heavy use, I am at 20% of my battery life

Overall, it has been running well though...
    02-25-09 08:32 PM
    Since .99 I have experienced this edge/EDGE problem. I wiped the phone and installed .109 and am still experiencing this problem.
    02-25-09 11:30 PM
    I installed .109, and tried it for about hour with pretty much a constant shift between edge and EDGE. I'd always get edge whenever I tried to do anything data intensive like use youtube, or slacker or load google maps or viigo. I got tired of it quick and installed the .90 radio files. It's been on EDGE the whole time since and i'm loving it and all the apps that are data intensive work with it. I'd recommend the .90 radio files, even if they can be glitchy. it's worth it to me at least...
    02-26-09 12:04 AM
    I installed 109 last night w/ .90 radio and ive had no issues. The browser is super fast and I havent lost EDGE since last night. But i have had 2 random reboots and a freeze when i use the meda player but the last hybrid rom did that as well lol
    02-27-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD