well after upgrading through all of the betas, and using .109 since it came out. i have finally started having problems with it. The main problem that has recently appeared is that the phone will randomly turn off and not reboot. i know that all phones seem to be experiencing different problems. i guess what i am getting at is there anyone who is also experiencing this issue. Here's to a new beta os, or possibly the "GC" in the near future.
    03-05-09 11:27 AM
    Mine recently started acting up a little bit the past week too.

It rebooted like I pulled the battery for the first time just yesterday.. That's the only time tho. It seems pretty sluggish at times more so than it used to be, and I'm definitely getting the clock a lot more often. Other than that it's been good to me.
    03-05-09 11:31 AM
    was great the first week...seems a little sluggish now though. still happy though
    03-05-09 11:32 AM
    im still happy with the overall performance of .109, but ya it seems that the longer these betas are on our phones the more bugs that appear. the same thing happened to me with .99.
    03-05-09 11:41 AM
    .109 was great the first few days and now it seems to be crashing allot.
    03-05-09 12:57 PM
    Hey Guys,

I'm on the Telus CDMA Network, I have tested most of the beta's I've tried them all .99 gave me alot of problems and crashes. I tried .103 and boy that one crashed as soon as I hit desktop. I tried a clean software uninstall and then tried .106 which crashed on me during BB Messenger. Finally .109 came out wow it was amazing other than the memory leak it has. Nothing seemed to ever crash. Then when talking to people it seemed like they were fading away so I read that you should install .109 with the .90 CDMA file. I loaded it and wow color appearance and everything was great but it would crash on me using the internet browser. A battery pull was the charm and then we back up again. However, yesterday evening my phone automatically went to the Telus Screen like if it was first booting up and it was stuck there. I did multiple battery pulls and still yet it was stuck there. I was like wtf is wrong with it im like damn I hope I can reload back the OS. It didn't go away and I was peeved and worried because I know it would void my warranty having a Beta OS. So I just plugged it in and reloaded .109 with the .109 CDMA file i didn't change it or anything. I know the color depth is not as good but hey I have no problems since.
    03-05-09 01:05 PM
    I guess I'm the only one who can't complain about .109. My memory is not leaking any faster then with .75 and it did leak there. I did a few simple adjustments and actually got my memory up to 52mb, and quickpull resets it each night. I don't see it go under 35mb. My phone works just fine.

All this and I'm am extremely skeptical about any betas. Much faster then .75 including the internet. mms, sms, email all work just fine. The only thing I can't do is take some pictures from my memory card and make wallpaper out of them, which is no big deal.

Now I have a feeling that MOST people experience this but all you read here is the same complaints about the same problems with a slightly different title thread. There was nothing in this thread that was discussed that hasn't been discussed several times over.

Except that .109 works well.
    03-05-09 01:15 PM
    Ok so yesterday I receive my new dust free Storm, put .109 on and everything fine right? WRONG. This storm with.109 reboots randomly already 2x, that I've noticed today. Now with that said, on my other storm with no dust it never rebooted and this one is set up the exact same way. See my signature, I even tout that fact my old one didn't reboot. Any advice?
    03-05-09 01:56 PM
    I just updated to the .109 a few days ago... I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the bugs :/
    03-05-09 03:09 PM
    ** broken record alert **

Disable the memory cleaner. It's nothing but trouble.

Options > Security Option > Memory Cleaning > DISABLED

I had a lot of the same troubles described in this thread and they were all solved with this simple step.

Disclaimer: If your memory cleaner is already disabled...never mind
    03-05-09 03:35 PM

I had a lot of the same troubles described in this thread and they were all solved with this simple step.

I have been getting random reboots, mostly while using the camera. My phone has also been VERY slow to lock with .109. however, right after I installed .109 I also enabled the memory cleaner just to try it. So, following your recommendation I just turned off memory cleaner and the first thing I noticed is that my phone now locks instantly again. Will see if the random reboots continue. Need to test some other things too! Thank for repeating this for those of us who missed it before somehow. BTW, I never noticed any positive effects of using the memory cleaner.
    03-05-09 03:42 PM
    So far I have only had 1 random restart which is not that bad to me. I do have it set to quick pull every night at 4am though.

The problems I have with it are with the memory card, sometimes it will only load 1/4 the songs on my card. Other than that, I haven't really had any problems whatsoever.
    03-05-09 03:46 PM
    My 2 big issues
    1. POOR phone reception with a lot of dropped calls
    2. horrible battery life
    03-05-09 03:52 PM

Absolutely false and the worst advise I've seen in this forum.

You should get a few more post under your belt before you start handing out advise like this.
    03-05-09 05:11 PM

You should get a few more post under your belt before you start handing out advise like this.
    03-05-09 05:12 PM
    I run on .109 on my 9500 storm

I do a batt pull each morning but yesterday I forgot...So no batt pull since the previous morning. I deliberately didn't today so after 30ish hours my memory has leaked away from 37MB down to.....

327kB.... Yes KiloBytes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My storm leaks like the Titanic!

Just pulled the batt, and back to 34MB
    03-05-09 05:12 PM

The information is valid if you have the problems described. Disregarding the advice is an option all forum dwellers have...regardless of how many posts (or double posts ) one has.
    03-05-09 05:54 PM
    i had alot worse problems than that, im back to .75 thank the lord! works great now
    03-05-09 07:03 PM

Look, what I said was I had memory cleaner running with .109 and not a single reboot ever....on my first storm. Now with a replacement it happened 3x today, something is different about this. The only thing I can think of is that on the first one I had I made the progression through the leaks without a full wipe. This one I went from .75 to .109. Does anyone think that could be the reason why its acting differently?
    03-05-09 07:51 PM
    Mine likes to freeze up on the clock screen when plugged into the charger. A quick battery pull fixes it but it has happened 3-4 times. Never had this issue before going to .109. The problem could possibly be the theme also, as it is newly installed as well. Will be switching back to prior theme if the phone fails again.
    03-05-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD