I've got an unlocked 9530 Storm that is now running on the Rogers network here in Canada. My question is that I'm running .76 and tried to dowload the
    .109 software..I've followed all the steps and my desktop says that the download to my device was succesful, but then when I go into options/about my OS still says I'm running .76??! I've done it a few times now and still the same thing..I've gone to the RIM site, so it's the official
    .109 download. I choose Telus as my carrier since I have the 9530 unit(although I was told it's a Verizon unit..came in a regular BB box), and i believe Bell is the 9500, plus in my options it just says BB 9530..no carrier is mentioned.

Can anyone help and let me know what I did wrong? I've tried doing a search on this but could not find anything.

thanks again
    03-29-09 02:04 PM
    1) Download the .109 OS from BlackBerry Storm 9530 4.7.0.109 OS.
    2) After it finishes downloading, double click on the file to install the OS to your computer.
    3) Disconnect your computer from the internet.
    4) Open up app loader from C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe
    5) Follow the screen and select the .109 OS when instructed (If it still doesn't appear, delete the vendor.xml file from C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader then try again).
    6) Continue through the screens selecting any additional apps and then click finish to installing the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 03-29-09 at 03:18 PM.
    03-29-09 03:16 PM
    Hi Armak,

I bought an unlocked verizon storm. and i am running the old OS. What are does the .109 OS make my BB move a lot faster and operate smoothing for the internet? can upgrading my OS mess with my unlocked BB?

Just a few questions before i upgrade.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    03-30-09 09:49 AM
    Armak -

I've tried the official downloads from both Bell and Telus(at least 5 x each) and although my DM said they were all successful downloads each and every time, when I checked my OS on my Storm it was still the .76 version. I'll give this a try as well, but in doing so, what "bugs" while I now inherit on my unit??

thanks again
    03-31-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD