Is anyone else having a problem with the media card not loading all of your media on .109? I never had this problem in .75 so I have to assume it is a .109 bug. After a reboot, sometimes my storm does not load all of my songs on my media card into the music portion of media. It will only load 1/4-1/2 the songs.

You all know when you restart your phone and click Media, and it says "Scanning" at the bottom. Does anyone know if there is a way to scan your memory card without doing a battery pull or quick pull?
    03-06-09 08:53 AM
    Is anyone else having a problem with the media card not loading all of your media on .109? I never had this problem in .75 so I have to assume it is a .109 bug. After a reboot, sometimes my storm does not load all of my songs on my media card into the music portion of media. It will only load 1/4-1/2 the songs.

You all know when you restart your phone and click Media, and it says "Scanning" at the bottom. Does anyone know if there is a way to scan your memory card without doing a battery pull or quick pull?
    Add this to all the other problems people say they have but I don't have.

I'm not making fun of you, I'm just saying whenever I see something new I check it out and I don't have the problem.
    03-06-09 09:43 AM
    I have had this problem quite a lot. I find that the first scan after a battery pull often has this problem. If I go to options->memory and then press the blackberry button and select 'Remove Media Card' and then press the blackberry button and select 'Insert Media Card' in order to force a rescan, it usually finds all my songs after that. Another thing to do is to delete all your BBThumbs.dat files (they are hidden files in each directory you have songs in) that this will force the OS to rebuild these database files and you might get better results after this rebuild. I find that the problems with it not finding all songs occur more when I mix mp3s and m4as in my collection and also I have more problems as the total number of songs on the media card increases (I have about 2940 songs on my 16GB card). I really would like to see a fix to this bug.
    03-06-09 01:04 PM
    ive had the same problem but thanx a lot davidw7 ill def try that
    03-06-09 01:15 PM
    Strange you've only had this problem with .109. This has been a well documented issue since the phone released and in all of the OS's. I noticed that the more stuff I have on the card, the more likely it is that it won't show everything. Usually I just open the battery door and remove the card for a second to fix it.
    03-06-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD