Made the upgrade about a week ago. A couple days later I had music playing via the media player and when I went to change the song it just stopped working. It said a song was playing but there was no sound. Been that way since.

Any ideas?
    03-07-09 11:56 AM
    Pull the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:00 PM
    That worked for many try a batt pull that civic mentioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:04 PM
    I've done several battery pulls since then due to theme installs and memory leakage. Still nothing
    03-07-09 02:42 PM
    There's no way a file can still be open after you do a battery pull. You have another problem. What is the EXACT error message and does it happen on just certain songs or all of them? Can you play ringtones?
    03-07-09 03:27 PM
    civic, if he is getting an error, wouldn't it show up in the event log?
    03-07-09 03:31 PM
    There is no error. The media player works just as it should. I click on a song, the media player starts playing, I can watch the time elapse in the song but there is no sound.
    03-08-09 03:55 PM
    Just a stab in the dark, but plug your phone into your pc and navigate to blackberry/home/user/music or wherever your music is kept. Look for a file called BBThumbs.dat. Delete it and reboot your phone. The file will regenerate. I've seen this happen in moto phones, and the above have fixed it.
    03-08-09 04:20 PM
    Just a stab in the dark, but plug your phone into your pc and navigate to blackberry/home/user/music or wherever your music is kept. Look for a file called BBThumbs.dat. Delete it and reboot your phone. The file will regenerate. I've seen this happen in moto phones, and the above have fixed it.
    He/she must really search the entire memory card for these files (each directory has one (including each album directory in music) and delete all of them.
    03-08-09 05:40 PM
    He/she must really search the entire memory card for these files (each directory has one (including each album directory in music) and delete all of them.
    I didn't realize there were that many. I don't use my storm for music. I used my ringtone directory path as a basis, and it has one.
    03-08-09 05:55 PM
    Yep, that file is used to basically enumerate the files and what they are in each and every directory on the Storm. The sucky part is that these files seem to corrupt and change format from release to release (OS). I think I'm going to make it a priority to add deleting all the thumbs files after each update, just in case they keep fracking with them.
    03-08-09 08:13 PM
    Yep, that file is used to basically enumerate the files and what they are in each and every directory on the Storm. The sucky part is that these files seem to corrupt and change format from release to release (OS). I think I'm going to make it a priority to add deleting all the thumbs files after each update, just in case they keep fracking with them.
    But if all music was mute, would it be safe to assume that the problem lies in the direct path thumbs files and not the individual album/artist folders. Or would they be corrupt throughout?
    03-08-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD