Has anyone tried both? If so, are they comparable, is the real .106 better?

If .106 drops it would be cool to know ahead of time if it's worth loading...
    02-17-09 01:09 AM
    Has anyone tried both? If so, are they comparable, is the real .106 better?

If .106 drops it would be cool to know ahead of time if it's worth loading...
    .106 is for 9500. They hybrid of that is for 9530.

Why would you make a hybrid out of an existing OS?
    02-17-09 06:38 AM
    .106 is for 9500. They hybrid of that is for 9530.

Why would you make a hybrid out of an existing OS?
    .106 is supposedly out for the 9530.
    02-17-09 08:27 AM
    Where did you see this? I'm running the .103/.106 hybrid but would love it if they have put out .106 for the 9530!
    02-17-09 09:25 AM
    ya know...you could put a question mark in your subject so people don't think this is a new leak.
    .106 is a self made hybrid (unless something changed since last night). you have to comebine the codes yourself. there is no download link yet...i don't think.
    02-17-09 09:29 AM
    Why a question mark? 9530 version .106 exists (not a hybrid) and there are people on this form that have it.

It may not be leaked, but it's out there. Besides, his subject looks nothing like the leak notification posts. If the OP posted with "Official 9530 4.7.0.106 OS Thread", on the other hand, that's an entirely different story!

As for me, as much as I'd like to get my hands on a leak of .106, kudos to RIM for (apparently) plugging the cause of the leaks, since at least two 9530 versions are currently known and neither have been leaked here.
    02-17-09 09:41 AM
    Why a question mark? 9530 version .106 exists (not a hybrid) and there are people on this form that have it.

It may not be leaked, but it's out there. Besides, his subject looks nothing like the leak notification posts. If the OP posted with "Official 9530 4.7.0.106 OS Thread", on the other hand, that's an entirely different story!

As for me, as much as I'd like to get my hands on a leak of .106, kudos to RIM for (apparently) plugging the cause of the leaks, since at least two 9530 versions are currently known and neither have been leaked here.
    The fact that several OS's beyond .103 are being tested and not leaked is not unusual. The leaked versions went from .65 to .75 to .83 to .86 to .9 to .99. This is what usually happens

Personally I believe the Leaked versions are intentionally released as Leaks in order to provide a larger testing base. By having a very large population of users test the OS, many users utilizing different use habits, different apps, etc, more issues will surface before an Official version is released.
    02-17-09 10:31 AM
    The fact that several OS's beyond .103 are being tested and not leaked is not unusual. The leaked versions went from .65 to .75 to .83 to .86 to .9 to .99. This is what usually happens

Personally I believe the Leaked versions are intentionally released as Leaks in order to provide a larger testing base. By having a very large population of users test the OS, many users utilizing different use habits, different apps, etc, more issues will surface before an Official version is released.
    I'd be inclined to believe you with the exception of a leaked OS will void your VZW warranty. Granted most cases they wouldn't notice, but if you point it out to them, they might invoke it.

Scary post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...ked-os-149068/

That aside, while I still believe RIM does not want these OS versions in our hands, I firmly believe there is no better way to 'zero in' on issues and bugs than a public beta, which if RIM was aware of the leaks, these would be.
    02-17-09 10:40 AM
    The OS comes from RIM not the carrier. The carrier might not approve of all RIMS actions...

Regardless if RIM wants the leaks out or not, Im sure they approve of the largest free testing base in the world.
    02-17-09 10:56 AM

It may not be leaked, but it's out there.
    There is no evidence whatsoever that this is true. All we have is anecdotal attention whoring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 02:21 PM
    I have actually seen a user that either claims or is running .113 on their 9530. Not sure how and where it came from, but I'd like to get it and play with it. I think the Hybrid that uses the 9500 java files is great. I've had it for a few days and it works better than any of the other betas I've tried. .65>.75>.99>.103>.103/.106

Fastest transitions yet
    browser speed increased
    lock button function is better
    music plays without freezing
    camera works fine

I'm a newbie and not a tech genius, but not a total tool either and I'm sure that our impatience will die down when the App Store is launched and RIM can focus more on getting more progress done with each leak which will probably be no more than 5 weeks away, so....... if we can all take a breath and count to ten...... we'll probably get along a lot better. Just my opinion....
    02-17-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD