I'd like to see the following items/themes/apps/options/whatever;

1) A circular, rotating menu similar to whats available on the Motorola Q.
    2) Being able to change the name, size and face of ALL the icons.

3) Instead of backing out of every single step in VZ Nav, just having an "all off/out" option.

4) Task manager that allows you to kill individual or all tasks running at that time.

5) Ability to broadcast VZ Nav directions/music/speaker phone through an empty AM radio station

6)Option to have screen react to touch and not full click (same as Iphone)

7) Quick Launch feature built in to have most used items readily available quicker then normal

8) Storm Google specifically for phone the same way Youtube has made an app just for Storm

9) Ability to vibrate and ring at the same time

10) Talk Lock feature, with ability to block out certain numbers. Ie. When you dial your voicemail, you have to slide it unlocked to enter your pin, then the number pad shows up as some weirdo symbols..anyone know what the **** that's about? Anyways, Talk Lock feature without it being a 3rd party app

10) DM specifically for Storm- Something that when plugged into computer can show you an exact break down of all phone features/apps etc with side by side memory of whats being used, what App does and how often used. Similar to add/remove programs feature in Windows making it easier to decide if you really need the item or not and how much you use it.

Im not a blackberry expert (obviously) so if any of these items are already available or impossible, please let me know with out saying how dumb you think I am for asking.

I know there are 3rd party apps that do allot of these things but I'd like to see them incorporated into the phone.

Just my 2 cents
    02-03-09 01:10 PM
    give me flick or give me death...
    no seriously i want flick scrolling
    02-03-09 02:50 PM
    Where is this information coming from how do we know that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    .107 makes sense. theyre always a bunch of builds later than the ones that are leaked or even sent to partners to begin with.
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
    Id also like to see a small icon appear in the right or left top corner letting you know if an application is still on. IE. If you didn't back out of VZ Nav correctly and it is still running, an indicator lettin you know would be coolio.
    02-03-09 04:09 PM
    I agree there need to be more features/apps that work off simple touch as opposed to click -- I'd take a serious look at transcriber functions for the storm.

Also I have been pretty non-wowed by the crispness of photos on the Storm. Improve that and I'd be one happy Stormer.

Though -- I had a funny experience of playing with a display Storm at Verizon today, and I swear I was really enjoying the .75 OS experience again... it has felt like a long time! (currently using .99 on my own device, by way of .90 and .86 before it...)
    02-03-09 11:17 PM
    Where is this information coming from how do we know that?

This info was provided to me directly by someone I know who works for VZW. You can believe it or not it's up to you.
    02-04-09 12:52 AM
    vzw rocka do you have any info on when a official release will be made by verizon ?
    02-04-09 01:09 AM
    vzw rocka do you have any info on when a official release will be made by verizon ?
    Unfortunately, no, even my friend has been told one thing only to have it not come out so it's all up in the air. I do know they are working hard to get one out soon but any target would be speculation at this point.
    02-04-09 02:01 AM
    ok cool thnx
    02-04-09 02:14 AM
    .107 makes sense. theyre always a bunch of builds later than the ones that are leaked or even sent to partners to begin with.
    it went from .90 to .99 and then .107 pretty fast and my impression is that there were several really bad builds, but I think they are working hard to get a solid build out there. They know we want it and know that they cant launch the app store without a more solid official build than .75 and that's very important to their future.
    02-04-09 02:22 AM
    While I don't anticipate it happening anytime soon, I'd appreciate the ability to configure/lock the accelerometer, especially with how it reacts on the homescreen or when locked.
    02-04-09 04:31 AM
    I normally don't participate in these threads since I have yet to run a leaked OS but I tried using my storm as and mp3 player at work yesterday and even volume level 1 was too much for any length of time. Divide the volume increments by 3 if possible. Since even before full volume the speakerphone is distorting so it's a waste.
    02-04-09 04:42 PM
    Decimal point instead of caps key in landscape number keyboard please! The caps key is not applicable there but decimal point is crucial and sorely missed.

02-04-09 05:25 PM
    it went from .90 to .99 and then .107 pretty fast and my impression is that there were several really bad builds, but I think they are working hard to get a solid build out there. They know we want it and know that they cant launch the app store without a more solid official build than .75 and that's very important to their future.
    .107 you say... Nice slip.
    02-04-09 06:13 PM
    Here are the improvements I would like to see in short term (besides UI bug fixes):

- bedside mode sound profile
    - more specialized browser keyboard. "Go" button is a good start, but do we really need two shift buttons and two "sym" buttons to type a URL? One could be replaced with the "/" and the other with ".com"
    - BB button press to switch to the highlighted application in app switcher. The red button can be used to close the highlighted app
    - larger keyboard font, please bring it back!
    02-04-09 06:24 PM
    All I want is full screen PICTURE CALLER ID, for the love of GOD!
    I definitely agree with that. But I'll take a stable system over any other requests we all want.
    02-04-09 07:16 PM
    .107? Doubtful...
    02-04-09 09:20 PM
    1 MMS that works with all images
    2. no lag while typing
    X100000000000000000000
    02-04-09 11:06 PM
    Agreed! They Should copy the Treo's SMS app too, BB is pathetic. In comparison.

These aren't OS related issues but are in dire need of fixing none the less!

I'd REALLY like to see a big change in the Tasks App. It's just not useful at all. My wish is that they copy the Task App on the Treo.
    02-05-09 01:17 AM
    How about when you tell an icon on the home page to hide to actually hide instead of just turning a darker color
    02-05-09 01:46 AM
    .107? Doubtful...
    Believe what you want, I don't care ;-)
    02-05-09 01:49 AM
    Id also like to see a small icon appear in the right or left top corner letting you know if an application is still on. IE. If you didn't back out of VZ Nav correctly and it is still running, an indicator lettin you know would be coolio.
    Just hold down the BB button at any time and you can see which apps you're running.
    02-05-09 01:59 AM
    Would like to see a lock in screen orientation. Mobipocket reader can do it so OS can. Would also like to see either option to swipe to next page in browser or a next and previous option in bb options button. Also would like to see a fade out similar to I phone. Gives it a smooth transition look to it.

02-05-09 02:00 AM
    How about when you tell an icon on the home page to hide to actually hide instead of just turning a darker color
    hit the blackberry button and uncheck show all. this will fix your problem.
    02-05-09 02:28 AM
    I only want the QWERTY in portait, the see-trough bar of the camera and the speed of .90 combined with the stabilty of .100! THX.
    02-05-09 04:38 AM
225 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD