I would like to be able to assign a sound profile to bedside mode.
    02-02-09 01:14 AM
    I don't know if it's on any of the new leaked builds, but what about being able to scroll up in contacts. For example, from David Anderson, to Don Zippo, instead of going allllll the way down to Z (and yes I realize you can just type the letter). Is this already possible?
    02-02-09 01:19 AM
    Stability and most of the other issues are already fixed in .99 SO:

1. Fix stereo Bluetooth
    2. Fix the MMS bug
    3. Make sure these fixes dint break anything else

RELEASE!

Other minor stuff can wait for the next one!
    02-02-09 02:34 AM
    new .103 wish list hope this is not closed

lets start off with a better screen resolution, and faster accelerometer
    Better screen resolution? You realize thats tied to the hardware right? Unless you're talking about deeper color depth which seems to have been downgraded in .99. I have a feeling that the color depth is being intentionally downgraded to save some extra cycles.

I'd really like to see the lag in the browser keyboard go away. I had it working really nice on previous releases. Heck I'd even go for a temporary fix of just being able to disable the blue dot for now. Other than that I don't really have a lot to complain about on .99. Good job RIM! And yes I said good job RIM, not good RIM job...
    Last edited by bthoward; 02-02-09 at 03:06 AM.
    02-02-09 03:04 AM
    My Wishlist

* Themes
    * App Store
    * Custom Status e.g: in work (not in meeting) for BlackBerry Messenger... with the option to save / manage custom status's
    * QUICKER STARTUP
    02-02-09 06:03 AM
    Wish to have:

Long battery
    Stable system

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:49 AM
    I'd REALLY like to see a big change in the Tasks App. It's just not useful at all. My wish is that they copy the Task App on the Treo.
    02-02-09 07:08 AM
    What I'd like to see:
    - Better music library indexing. This has never been done right. Every time I reboot there seems to be a different number of songs, with some disappearing from time to time. I think the player should just create a library file with all metadata and rewrite it only after USB is disconnected, not every time it reboots. And there should be a library refresh option.
    - Flick scrolling would help in contacts, but I'd prefer to have an alphabet column that could allow you to quickly jump to any initial, without requiring bringing up the keyboard.
    - The full keyboard in portrait should have its layout revised. I understand the idea of keeping consistency accross all keyboards, but the placement of the delete and return keys is not the most practical. It's easy to press them instead of L and period. Also, there should be more of context adjustments such as the Go key in browsing. For instance, it would be good to have an @ key when writing e-mail addresses.
    02-02-09 07:42 AM
    Bigger space bar and flick scrolling are a must.
    02-02-09 08:01 AM
    Forgot one... Run apps on the memory card. Without that their App Store will fail... But I will reserve judgment on that until they release their app store... Then I will start complaining
    absolutely

if using the app store brings me down to 10 megs of memory, then eff that

having an A-Z on the right side of the contact list would be good, even better than flick scrolling IMO
    02-02-09 08:33 AM
    How do we know that .103 will even be built or is it known that it exists? Do any of the mods have anything higher than .99?

02-02-09 09:00 AM
    It seems like there are some pretty consistent requests... i would have to agree with most...

More reponsive typing (much better but still laggy)

Better colors (.99 seemed to have messed it up)

Bigger Keys ( think .90)

Bedside mode sound profile

Inertial scrolling would look cool, but not a biggie imho

camera speed (WAY better but could still be improved, also the phone crashed while taking pix one after another right after .99 installed but ive never been able to recreate that... i know someone else had this issue as well so it seems something is out there

another problem that should be addressed is when i get a call... the screen will get kind of laggy when rotating.
    02-02-09 09:01 AM
    Flick scroll
    Better media player
    Faster camera
    Better video camera
    TURN OFF SCREEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER PHONE IS LOCKED.. NO MORE POONTLESS FADE...
    Obviously the browser sucks if opera that is not even designed for storm renders pages better and is probably ten times faster.
    Easier way to send txts.. Like a send button on the screen somewhere..
    App. Store soon.
    Fix the colors.
    Leave the letters on the portrait qwerty the same size but make the landscape qwerty keys bigger.
    Themes.

02-02-09 09:08 AM
    faster media center
    smoother transition b/t portrait & landscape
    keep on improving phone use
    more options for message management
    better blue tooth battery management
    FASTER camera/video
    and i was kind of partial towards the bigger keys...i loved them. since i have fat fingers....but i'll adjust
    flick scroll would be pretty awesome too
    Last edited by DJYoshi; 02-02-09 at 10:13 AM.
    02-02-09 09:27 AM
    We're just so greedy!! :P
    Not greedy, spoiled LOL

But that's Verizon's fault. They advertised a device that doesn't exist yet. Sounds like they are getting pretty close, but still some work to do.

I'm pretty sure that the folks from both Verizon and RIM monitor these forums, so I think it's a good idea to let the folks that are in charge of making changes know exactly what we would like to see....some of the wishes on this list are perfectly reasonable and can probably be tweaked pretty easily. Some others might require a lot of code writing, but at least they know....
    02-02-09 09:51 AM
    I'd like to see a calender preview on the main home screen. As in when you highlight and not click the calender it pops up todays events instead of just calender. That would make a huge difference

02-02-09 12:40 PM
    I second and third all of the above. But definitely a "flick scroll" and maybe a screen lock that should have been automatically programmed into the phone. This latest upgrade is definitely one of the best leaks by far. I can't wait till the next leak!
    02-02-09 12:41 PM
    I'd wish for faster accelerometer speed and maybe at least one more built-in theme. Oh, and better keyboard layout.

I have no complaints thus far.
    02-02-09 01:30 PM
    It does work. In .65 and .75. The OFFICIAL Verizon releases. Verizon didn't give you .99, or any leak for that matter. You're paying for what they've released. If you choose to use unreleased/unbranded OS's, that's on you. You CANNOT blame the carrier for your adventurous decisions. Come on guys, let's use some brain power.

my bad.. I guess I thought that end result of all of these leaked OS's was to have one stable enough to be an official release. That would mean that they would have to have the mms problem fixed. Wasnt blaming any one. Just a wish, And lets face it, without a mms fix, all the wishes in the world wouldn't make an Official release.
    02-02-09 02:03 PM
    Flick Scrolling for sure!
    Quicker Responding Screen Lock
    .90 size keys
    02-02-09 04:04 PM
    All I want is full screen PICTURE CALLER ID, for the love of GOD!
    02-02-09 04:21 PM
    Flick scroll would be ok, but a far more useful feature to me would be a quick way to get to the top or bottom of a long list. Scrolling--even flick scrolling--takes way too long. On my 8830 and 7520 a simple press of the "T" button returned me to the top of the list. I did verify that enabling the keyboard and pressing the "T" button does this, but there should be a quicker way!
    02-02-09 04:29 PM
    All I want is full screen PICTURE CALLER ID, for the love of GOD!
    So many other things - almost forgot about that one. So simple to do (one of the very first 3rd party aps did this) so clearly a lack of finish to the device.
    02-02-09 04:45 PM
    1) Non freezing accelerometer (in my case)
    2) No fading
    3) True about screen resolution (who messed that up?)
    4) Faster media center
    5) Remove spinning clock (??? don't know why I am getting)
    6) More memory, less leak
    7) Stability and speed

P.S. I don't know and don't know where the OS #s are coming from, but if they fix issues, I will take them.....
    I agree with #2
    Also I need for the speed when typing to return. I don't know about anyone else but suretype worked perfectly with .90
    02-02-09 04:56 PM
    I want to have to option of turning off noise canceling.
    02-02-09 05:09 PM
225 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD