Okay, so I've installed the .103 OS with no probs at all(even did the wipe before). Installed the awesome new app Poynt. Then after finally seeing the 4.7 leaked and so many cool themes I installed a couple of them. My battery has been draining faster than ever. About 10% in an hour... HELP!!
    Any idea?
    02-12-09 10:16 PM
    I had the same exact problem today. Pulled off charger and with in an hour of not even being used I was at 85%. I deleted both new themes I downloaded last night and it still kept dropping. After searching through the phone I noticed that the little arrows at the top right were going crazy even when I wasn't sending anything at all. I opened poynt and it was wanting me to accept the terms of use as it does when you first use it. I think maybe it was communicating with something that utilizes data. I deleted poynt and finally my battery stayed stable. That was at about 2pm. I was at 20% and it held 20 all the way until 6ish with constant texting and some internet surfing. Another interesting thing I noticed is that when i would do a battery pull before deleting poynt it would take forever to load and my battery would drop about 10% or so. After deleting my phone would start up considerably faster and no battery drop was noticed. Why this happened i don't really know. I'm pretty sure that poynt was the issue here. Could be wrong though.....
    02-12-09 10:27 PM
    I was afraid someone might say that. I'm actually in the process of uninstalling poynt to see if it was that. I was thinking it might have something to do with it trying to locate with GPS or something. Hope it's not the case I kinda like that app.. It's got a lot of potential.
    Thanks for the reply..
    02-12-09 10:30 PM
    I have poynt and actually used it several times today. I am at 70% battery after 14 hours of use.

make sure you close the application when you are done with it. Dont let it run in the background.....
    02-12-09 11:59 PM
    Hi svt527!

Thanks for taking an interest in Poynt. To clarify, Poynt does not perform any network activity outside of the application. When you initially load the app, there is network activity to grab your cell-site location. After that, all network activity is completely user driven.

Regarding GPS, Poynt will stop requesting information from your GPS chip as soon as it is closed. If it goes into the background, it stops requesting information from your GPS chip after 2.5 minutes. Emprically, this has demonstrated minimal battery consumption.

That being said, you seem to be running an experimental OS build. In these non-production builds, quincy logging could be enabled, which would account for the unsolicited network traffic you're seeing. Other users have reported battery problems on this build as well. Try rolling back to a certified build and see if the problem can be reproduced.

Thanks for pointing this out, our team will investigate the issue. It would be of great assistance if you could perform the following action:

1. Enter your Contacts.
    2. Click the BB Menu Key
    3. Scroll to the very top of the menu
    4. Do you see "Poynt from Here" at the top?
    Last edited by pwerry; 02-13-09 at 01:59 AM.
    02-13-09 01:33 AM
    Thanks for the info. Rolling back to a previous build is the one thing I haven't done yet. I'll be doing that today. I do see "poynt from here" on the top of the menu.
    02-13-09 11:03 AM
    Just a heads up, often after updating an OS the battery life will suffer. After a days use, let it drain until its almost out then do a full charge and it should be great again. Ive gotten this issue everytime i update os, and this always works.
    02-13-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD