02-16-09 12:49 AM
44 12
tools
    I was thinking about it, the ONLY bad thing I can point out with .103 is the BBM freeze, which happens in every OS build. Other than that, this seems like THE stable OS for me. The one where I can just kick back with and wait for the official OS update.

The accelerometer, browser, camera, and all that jazz are quick and fine to me. The battery life has been just as good as the others, there's no more VSOD and I havent experienced any random freezes. I feel like I'm totally fine letting this OS ride out until the official one happens with no real complaints!
    02-14-09 12:29 AM
    no... something is draining the heck outta my battery in .103, other than that yes lol
    02-14-09 12:31 AM
    The ONLY thing that's sorta bothering me right now with .103 is the color depth issue. Besides that this thing is near perfect. Though I wouldn't shun a couple more upgrades.
    02-14-09 12:32 AM
    It's close, but I'm not putting my stamp on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 12:33 AM
    the answer would be an emphatic yes except that I feel the phone has actually slowed down a little bit from .90 > .99 > .103. It might be in my head but the phone is not very snappy or possibly I just got used to it. Or the reason it's so much more stable is because the phone is performing at a more stable speed.
    02-14-09 12:34 AM
    the answer would be an emphatic yes except that I feel the phone has actually slowed down a little bit from .90 > .99 > .103. It might be in my head but the phone is not very snappy or possibly I just got used to it. Or the reason it's so much more stable is because the phone is performing at a more stable speed.
    Slowed down, eh? I came directly from .90 cause I wasnt feeling too many of the issues on 99, plus I didnt want to give up my larger keyboard But my phone is running fast and convenient, no need for a pull ever. Definitely wont shun new upgrades, the texting still cant keep up with how fast I type, but I dont have any big complaints on this one at all. I'm actually....content with a storm OS? It sounds weird saying it.
    02-14-09 12:38 AM
    Never had this BBM freeze in any OS. That aside, there's the color depth issue, battery life, the memory leak, typing lag in general, and the severe typing lag in the browser that have to be dealt with before I'll stamp it.

Edit: i forgot to mention the lag after sending a text. its better in .103 but still eveident. and the lock is still unacceptable.
    02-14-09 01:08 AM
    I have no real complaints. I'm just happy my internet is working normal now - for some reason on .99 it was all out of whack!
    02-14-09 01:14 AM
    Definitely getting close. This has been the best beta for me. Runs quite smooth, but the occasional bbm freeze is kind of annoying. My memory definitely runs lower ~13mb but I don't think I've ever had a problem because of it.
    02-14-09 01:25 AM
    The ONLY thing that's sorta bothering me right now with .103 is the color depth issue. Besides that this thing is near perfect. Though I wouldn't shun a couple more upgrades.
    Same here with the color... But now for some reason, just NOW, I am getting a SIM card error... I MEAN WTF?! I DON'T EVEN USE THE DAMN SIM CARD
    02-14-09 01:52 AM
    Not until they get rid of the random reboots.

02-14-09 03:06 AM
    Reboots are the killer! And I find that it's almost always after (or during) instant messaging attempts with BB Messenger or to a lesser extent, Windows Live Messenger. If I don't use any messenger program, the phone is happy as can be! And everything plays smooth, runs smooth... reboot time still takes forever (annoying when you have to reboot), but if they can fix this single issue, I'd say it's just about there!
    02-14-09 03:14 AM
    The only one worse for me than .103 has been .90. I've suffered at least a dozen complete shutdowns in the 2 1/2 days since installing .103. I say complete shutdowns because the phone doesn't even reboot on it's own! I have to do a battery pull to get it back. This has happened twice DURING phone calls as well as when I get a call, while playing music, upon removing it from the holster and while playing Word Mole. I'm going back to .99 right now.
    02-14-09 07:31 AM

1) still cant event play back he included demo "Babylon AD" video file without a jumpy picture.
    2) Crappy colors
    3) BBM/AIM/messaging app lock ups.
    02-14-09 07:43 AM
    The color depth and stability issues hinder an otherwise decent upgrade. I'm dumbfounded as to why RIM still can't make a somewhat stable beta already.
    02-14-09 08:31 AM
    I ma still waiting for an offcial release.

Sidebar: Happy Valentine's Day, peeps!
    02-14-09 08:37 AM
    **** the duck no. This version is the worst. My battery life went from 2 days to under a half a day. Its bull****.

02-14-09 10:12 AM
    this OS has been very stable for me...no Battery pulls ever, no BBM freezing.
    battery life has been awesome

the only issue is the momory leak and when Viigo is updating itself then the device lags during the update process.
    02-14-09 10:25 AM
    Im happy with it but its not the one. They need to fix the bbm issues and the typing lag. But ill live
    02-14-09 10:27 AM
    It's very close for me, but no doubt there is some more work left to do. There is a lag from time to time in different applications but for the most part it's a pretty stable OS.
    02-14-09 02:40 PM
    I don't know if .103 is THE one, but I certainly like .103 the best so far
    02-14-09 03:56 PM
    Not until I can get it installed. For some reason I had issues with dm. It wouldn't show the version to install. I tried installing it 10 times.

Any ideas?

02-14-09 04:05 PM
    Love this build so far. Browser is much faster. Camera speed is reasonable. Typing lag needs to be eliminated. In addition to MMS issues with black boxes. Drooling for more.

02-14-09 04:08 PM
    Re-wiped and re-installed last night. So far so good... just the Viigo issue that was mentioned above.
    02-14-09 06:01 PM
    I'm using .99... there is no way I'll change unless you tell me something very compelling about the newest one.

With .99 I get no reboots, all my apps work, and the battery life is off the hook.
    02-14-09 07:31 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD