I updated to .103 2 days ago and today I just noticed that my phone would be on EDGE for a few minutes and then would jump to "edge" until a did a battery pull. I was previously running a hybrid .99 (hybrid because my phone was doing the same edge vs EDGE problem on .99). I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem as well? By the way, I'm on T-mobile. I've registered on the network several times, as well as sent the service books. And I have my APN to wap.voicestream.com.

I am assuming that I will have to run another hybrid OS, but I wasn't sure. If anyone could enlighten me, that would be great.
    02-12-09 09:29 PM
    i have a question are you a seattle. or the seattle area..
    02-12-09 10:49 PM
    no I'm in Tampa, FL
    02-12-09 11:28 PM
    have u noticed a difference in the browser speed? im on att with the .75
    02-12-09 11:34 PM
    It was an issue going on all day.. EDGE is your phone is connected to the EDGE network.. edge means that it is trying to find an IP address to connect to the edge network.. Thats why the bb browser has been down.
    02-12-09 11:43 PM
    Its .103 I believe. Had the very same problem. I'm now running Sith's 3rd hybrid build and the issue has stopped completely

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:47 PM
    I wonder if I can put the .90 radio file in the .103 and if that will rid of the edge/EDGE problem.
    02-13-09 12:56 AM
    I had the EDGE/edge issues in all the OS'es. Its absolutely annoying. What made it worse was the only way to hopefully fix it was a reboot which greeted me with the very awesome Vsod. At least with .99 i could turn off the radio and I would eventually get EDGE. Im now running Sith's Hybrid v3 and though I'm connecting to EDGE, I'm getting 4 random reboots a day and whats worse the Vsod. Maybe one day we can get an OS that does it all for those of us with unlocked Storms.
    02-13-09 06:34 AM
    Yeah, I am not dealing with this anymore. I went back to .99. I am thinking of switching to Verizon today anyway. We'll see. I hate this crap I have to go through with unlocked crap.
    02-13-09 07:24 AM
    I dont see why they cant get it right. RIM does for all their other GSM phones, its not like they're reinventing the wheel.
    02-13-09 11:07 AM
    I'm running .103 with the radio from .90 and all has been working fine. I'm on at&t.

I agree with ya xxxmerlinxxx. But, while part of me thinks that having a stable and reliable GSM radio in each build is secondary because Verizon users typically aren't using it, I still think there are plenty of Verizon Storm users who travel internationally.

Or maybe their just working on that long awaited 3G/wi-fi Storm that's supposed to be coming out to Canada. That's what I'm waiting on!
    02-13-09 11:16 AM
    My EDGE seems to be working fine today...but I didn't do anything different? Maybe it was just a tmobile outage.

Anyways, thanks for all the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:57 AM
    If you live in a 3G area, why not just use "1XEV" as your Network Technology under the Mobile Network option? I believe the default is "Global".
    02-13-09 12:25 PM
    If you live in a 3G area, why not just use "1XEV" as your Network Technology under the Mobile Network option? I believe the default is "Global".
    1XEV is for CDMA network and won't work on ATT or TMO's GSM network.
    02-13-09 12:43 PM
    I wonder if I can put the .90 radio file in the .103 and if that will rid of the edge/EDGE problem.
    You can try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I installed .103 two days ago, from .99 with .90 radio. Immediately I had the EDGE/edge problem. I played with it for awhile and then the problem went away....full EDGE the past day and 1/2. Just after lunch today, while browsing I lost EDGE back down to edge. I really think it is due to strength or lack of signal.

I am thinking of trying Sith's 2nd or 3rd Hybrid to see if it works, but until we get a GSM Storm, I believe we will have to endure this problem. This Storm was not made for GSM networks.
    02-13-09 02:16 PM
    But it is made for GSM networks or it wouldn't have the sim card slot. Even so, Im sure you meant it to be used as a cdma phone first. Well then a warning to all people travelling abroad and expecting to use this phone in gsm carrier areas. I does not work well at all.
    02-13-09 02:53 PM
    So far and as far as I know, I've had one random reboot yesterday and one today. But at least it's holding the EDGE signal.

I *really* want to like this phone but these OS's are so disappointing.
    02-13-09 02:58 PM
    just give it a while... its still a new device. rim is working out the bugs. ha and there is no doubt that another os leak is right around the corner. like clockwork
    02-13-09 03:22 PM
    ive been running my own .103 hybrid since the leak and im constantly on EDGE....when i ran the regular .103 is constantly kept going into edge VS EDGE
    02-13-09 04:16 PM
    So anyone figured out a solution to this yet?

If not, I think i'm just going to downgrade, because this is getting annoying. I can't access Slacker anymore because my phone randomly switches to 'edge' whenever I try to load it.
    02-16-09 09:36 AM
    I am running .100 Hybrid and have EDGE all the time. I was having the edge problem too and it was really annoying. .100 Hybrid fixed it. I even made a video showing it in action...See my signature.
    02-16-09 10:05 AM
    I am running .100 Hybrid and have EDGE all the time. I was having the edge problem too and it was really annoying. .100 Hybrid fixed it. I even made a video showing it in action...See my signature.
    Wow, your blackberry was moving pretty fast for EDGE. You said this is a .100 Hybrid, do you know where I can find this?

Thanks
    02-16-09 10:15 AM
    I runs even faster believe it or not. EDGE was really crappy all day yesterday because of a T-Mobile outage. It seemed to pick up in the video but still have a bit of hickuping. I tested it this morning and it works even better. However you get the point in the video! Thanks!
    02-16-09 10:27 AM
    Bourne, what version of the hybrid are you running? There are 3 of them. I am running v3 since it gives me constant EDGE connection. I tried v2 and only got edge.
    02-16-09 11:12 AM
    can some one post links to the hybrid versions whats the best?
    02-17-09 10:35 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD