I'm a government employee and have a Gov't sales rep we deal with. Well after missing an important meeting last month I decided I better find out about ditching my phone and getting a BB. I was on my first two year contract with Verizon so I was not very familiar with the terms & conditions of NE2. I called the rep and asked if I was eligible to upgrade with NE2. He "made some calls" then told me that I was and could get the STORM for $199 (advertised price on 1/22/09 rather than full boat $500 + for a device only). I ordered the STORM and a bunch of accessories that day. Then along comes crackberry.......I find out here that NE2 means $100 off of advertised retail. Long story short......My NE2 $100 discount did not kick in until March 9, 2009. My 30 day worry free guarantee expires this Thursday.

So......in order to get my $100 discount I have to send my STORM back this Thursday, reactivate my old phone, wait 17 days then order it all over again...............I asked my rep for the $100 discount to both of us time and money and he said his managers denied it. He did say however they would credit $35 to my account for the restocking fee they are going to charge me.......

On to my questions.............What happens to my BIS email account? When I get my new STORM after 3/9 can I log back into my account and change the PIN and everything is back to normal? Will all my contacts get wiped(I have some pretty confidential names & numbers in it) , I have .99 loaded (works awesome BTW) do I need to roll it back (30 day worry free..do I need to worry?) Is there a way to backup everything in this BB and then restore the whole thing back to the new one when it gets here? Just when I was really getting into this thing too.......

This really pi$$es me off because the govt account rep we have before this guy was really good about stuff like this. My coworker had a similar situation last year and the guy told him "wait 30 more days and get the discount". I was within 40 days of the NE2 discount and certainly could have lived without it for that much longer if the guy would have let me know......

However, now begs the question........when will VZW have the BOLD????
    02-16-09 06:03 PM
    Tell them they get no bail-out money when they come asking if they don't give you your discount?

Sorry I can't help on your BIS question.
    02-16-09 06:11 PM
    bold on vzw i think will be called Gemini, comes out soon I heard.
    02-16-09 06:16 PM
    I got a friend at VZ said new BB phone will be out within a month aka March sometime could be the "BOLD" or "Gemini" Either way I'll prolly buy it. Other wise the rep thing to do if it is the $100 that you want you got to do what he told you pretty much. Unless you can bypass him and go to a friend like I did
    Last edited by Stealthed; 02-16-09 at 06:22 PM.
    02-16-09 06:20 PM
    If its that close I'll hang out a while before getting another BB. Otherwise with .99 my storm worked awesome and I could not put it down....
    02-16-09 06:23 PM
    The VZW version of the Bold will be called the Niagra aka Curve 2, aka 9000. Expect Verizon to use cheaper porcessors and less expensive trim.
    02-16-09 06:52 PM
    ^^^^ verizon doesn't make the phones, only provides the signal.
    02-16-09 07:00 PM
    Qualcomm manufactures the handset, Verizon pays for it and lays out the cost per unit. As such, they lock out many features and cheap out the chipset.
    02-25-09 09:34 AM
    I'm a government employee and have a Gov't sales rep we deal with. Well after missing an important meeting last month I decided I better find out about ditching my phone and getting a BB. I was on my first two year contract with Verizon so I was not very familiar with the terms & conditions of NE2. I called the rep and asked if I was eligible to upgrade with NE2. He "made some calls" then told me that I was and could get the STORM for $199 (advertised price on 1/22/09 rather than full boat $500 + for a device only). I ordered the STORM and a bunch of accessories that day. Then along comes crackberry.......I find out here that NE2 means $100 off of advertised retail. Long story short......My NE2 $100 discount did not kick in until March 9, 2009. My 30 day worry free guarantee expires this Thursday.

So......in order to get my $100 discount I have to send my STORM back this Thursday, reactivate my old phone, wait 17 days then order it all over again...............I asked my rep for the $100 discount to both of us time and money and he said his managers denied it. He did say however they would credit $35 to my account for the restocking fee they are going to charge me.......

On to my questions.............What happens to my BIS email account? When I get my new STORM after 3/9 can I log back into my account and change the PIN and everything is back to normal? Will all my contacts get wiped(I have some pretty confidential names & numbers in it) , I have .99 loaded (works awesome BTW) do I need to roll it back (30 day worry free..do I need to worry?) Is there a way to backup everything in this BB and then restore the whole thing back to the new one when it gets here? Just when I was really getting into this thing too.......

This really pi$$es me off because the govt account rep we have before this guy was really good about stuff like this. My coworker had a similar situation last year and the guy told him "wait 30 more days and get the discount". I was within 40 days of the NE2 discount and certainly could have lived without it for that much longer if the guy would have let me know......

However, now begs the question........when will VZW have the BOLD????
    Back up your phone using BlackBerry desktop software. It came in ur box. Its not easy to get a ne2 early so I see why it was denied. As for your email you can just resetup your bis account. Also they won't have to credit a restock fee cause you won't get charged one for a return anyways.
    02-25-09 10:25 AM
    Qualcomm manufactures the handset, Verizon pays for it and lays out the cost per unit. As such, they lock out many features and cheap out the chipset.
    lol... Qualcomm only makes the chip, RIM manufactures the Storm.
    02-25-09 10:31 AM
    Is the headache worth $100? I would say just hold on to the Storm you have, you seem happy with that particular device. Who is to say that the new device is just terrible? Just throwing that out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:42 AM
    your BIS account will unavailable for 30 days after returning the storm. You will have to call tech support and they can reactivate it. Unless you just want to create a new BIS account with the new PIN.
    02-25-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD