So my fiance and I just upgraded to storms from curves. I got my storm last week...love it.

She got hers today. We've both upgraded to .109 and jazzed everything up as per BBerry addict SOP.

However I noticed her screen is much brighter than mine and her buttons and graphics are smoother and more "cartoonish" My branding version ends in .47 and hers ends in .153. Is that the difference? Which is newer?

My whites def look whiter and brighter but overall hers I think looks better.
    02-24-09 09:16 PM
    same situation with the color here. my girlfriends is much brighter than mine, not in a bad way, i think it looks better. my whites are a little blueish. I have thought about swapping but dont wanna then end up with a click issue (or other prob I dont have currently)

I hadn't ever noticed the branding version difference before but mine is .150 and hers is .253. Wonder what the significance of that is. We are both running .109

Edit: Just read up on "branding version" so I guess the differences are strictly hardware (as far as the display goes).
    Last edited by johnatthebar; 02-24-09 at 09:32 PM.
    02-24-09 09:29 PM
    hmmmm. hers is just so much brighter. I really am contemplating giving the vzw a call.
    02-24-09 09:38 PM
    they are saying made in mexico is a little darker screen..
    02-24-09 09:40 PM
    they are saying made in mexico is a little darker screen..
    seriously? sounds like a water cooler joke.
    02-24-09 09:44 PM
    i researched and it looks to be something to do with the origin of manufacture. i just wonder whether its something worth swapping over. i was happy till i saw hers....now I see what i am missing.
    02-24-09 09:53 PM
    both of ours were made in mexico
    02-24-09 09:57 PM
    Swap 'em round and never talk about it again... They will never know!!!
    Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:42 AM
    Swap 'em round and never talk about it again... They will never know!!!
    Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hehehe. Very sneaky. I actually started to do it, ethics got in the way (and knowing she is as detail oriented as I am and would've noticed), and called Verizon.

Easy-peasy, they're shipping a new one today. Hopefully it addresses the brightness issue and nothing else
    02-25-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD