I went to the VZW store, and I saw one of the display storms had only 4 applications on the front home screen. Not the full menu, but the screen with the background. Currently, mine shows 8 apps, 2 lines with 4 apps in each line at the bottom. I was just wondering how to get the 4 apps with one line at the bottom. I've looked through all my options and the forums and I still can't find the answer.
    01-03-09 11:00 PM
    at the home screen, press the Menu button twice>options and there should be an option in there to change it to one row.
    01-03-09 11:03 PM
    from your 2 line home screen, hit the blackberry button.

Then hit it again and look for options. You should be able to change the option for a 1 line home screen. Up to 3 lines if desired.
    01-03-09 11:03 PM
    Press the menu button & choose option. You can choose what you want from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 11:04 PM
    When I hit options, for some reason it won't come up.
    Is there another way to do this?
    01-03-09 11:07 PM
    everyone answered your question correctly but Id like to add that you can select what 4 icons you want to show up on your homes screen by going to the main screen of icons and the first 4 icons will be what shows on the home screen with the wallpaper. So just move around the icons in the first row to your liking and thats what will display on ur wallpaper screen.
    01-03-09 11:08 PM
    You guys got it Hopefully that answers your question...
    01-03-09 11:10 PM
    If you are following the steps and nothing happens when you hit option, then do a battery pull I had the same problem before I upgraded the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 11:31 PM
    Happened to me today when this set of options did not come up. Try a battery pull.
    01-03-09 11:33 PM
    Battery pull worked, thanks for the responses everyone!
    01-03-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD