See attached pictures..
    I randomly decided to see how much memory was free and this is what I saw!!

Have any of you ever seen this?

I'm running .99
    02-15-09 10:57 AM
    See attached pictures..
    I randomly decided to see how much memory was free and this is what I saw!!

Have any of you ever seen this?

I'm running .99
    That is very odd, is your device running excessively slow or anything? maybe its just a quirk of the Beta OS you are running?
    02-15-09 11:25 AM
    i've never understood the reason everyone is so freaked out about memory sometimes my storm gets down to 1MB and im still able to open new programs and the phone runs like i just powered it on
    02-15-09 11:30 AM
    It wasnt running to slow, I've had it working slower and when I looked it have 1-4 mg.

blingdoog -
    I'm not freaked out about the memory I just thought it was interesting that it said "0" bytes free
    02-15-09 11:33 AM
    wow, i didn't know it could get that low.

And that's weird, once mine gets low I start getting the loading clock on every screen
    02-15-09 11:35 AM
    i've never understood the reason everyone is so freaked out about memory sometimes my storm gets down to 1MB and im still able to open new programs and the phone runs like i just powered it on
    It's not about speed or stability.

If you knew anything, you'd know that Blackberries start deleting old information off themselves when memory gets extremely low. Seems the Storm is either not doing that for some or that the 0 memory indication is really a false 0.

I'm sure one day when your messages get deleted because you ran out of memory you'll sit back and not think it's so funny. That's when you'll "understand".
    02-15-09 11:37 AM
    Thats what usually happens to me, thats why i was suprised when it said 0
    02-15-09 11:37 AM
    It's not about speed or stability.

If you knew anything, you'd know that Blackberries start deleting old information off themselves when memory gets extremely low. Seems the Storm is either not doing that for some or that the 0 memory indication is really a false 0.

I'm sure one day when your messages get deleted because you ran out of memory you'll sit back and not think it's so funny. That's when you'll "understand".
    i never said i thought it was funny u azz i clearly stated that i dont understand what the low memory thing was all about specially since my phone hasnt deleted anything or acted differently when mem got low maybe thats why i didnt "understand"... i wasnt trying to get smart so hop off my dik not everyone knows the phones inside and out like you do apparently
    02-15-09 11:44 AM
    My point was that the info about Blackberries deleting user info when running low on memory is well documented in the Help sections of this forum. While RIM has changed a lot of the code first in OS4.5 and now higher versions so that the phone doesn't do this as much, it could still potentially happen.... and when it does, those users again will just wonder why it happened. It's a neverending circle.... which starts with RIM's cheap asses not putting sufficient memory in a device such as the Storm. They're stupid for doing this and you're going to see a lot more people complain about this when the app store comes out. They put 256MB in the Niagra (a model designed for business execs), yet they only put in 128MB in the consumer geared Storm. Yeah, that's smart...
    02-15-09 11:51 AM
    If you are really worried, you can try the Log Maid OTA app for the storm. runs in background and works really good.... :-P with that app my memory never goes below 42MB.

forums.crackberry.com/f134/blackberry-storm-ota-apps-thread-107305/
    02-16-09 06:25 AM
    I have Log MAid installed... apparently its not doing such a good job on my berry!
    02-16-09 08:29 AM
    it's a bug.
    you don't ACTUALLY have 0 bytes free... if you did, your storm would either overheat, or crash.. probably would crash before it could get the chance to overheat.
    02-16-09 08:39 AM
    it's a bug.
    you don't ACTUALLY have 0 bytes free... if you did, your storm would either overheat, or crash.. probably would crash before it could get the chance to overheat.
    Overheat? Really?
    02-16-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD