Just made the switch from 0.75 to 0.113. I could not wait any longer! Now you can all thank me when the official update comes out Monday =)

One comment I could not find in my searches... the menu key is extremely sensitive. If I click (but not hold) I get the programs running (horizontal list). This is somewhat annoying. Anyone else noticing this? It is not very consistent either.. For example, I go to write an email, hit the menu bar.. it brings up the apps running.. hit back to clear.. hit menu again.. this time I get the menu. I am very certain that I am not holding the button when I do this and this has only happened since I updated.

Since I have not sampled the leaks inbetween I cannot comment on those versions.
    04-04-09 09:54 AM
    Just made the switch from 0.75 to 0.113. I could not wait any longer! Now you can all thank me when the official update comes out Monday =)

One comment I could not find in my searches... the menu key is extremely sensitive. If I click (but not hold) I get the programs running (horizontal list). This is somewhat annoying. Anyone else noticing this? It is not very consistent either.. For example, I go to write an email, hit the menu bar.. it brings up the apps running.. hit back to clear.. hit menu again.. this time I get the menu. I am very certain that I am not holding the button when I do this and this has only happened since I updated.

Since I have not sampled the leaks inbetween I cannot comment on those versions.
    Now that you mention it, I have seen the same thing with the menu key. I had assumed it was me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:12 AM
    I seem to remember .75 doing the same thing. The reason I remember this is because I didn't know anything about my phone until I came in here and I was told to close out of all programs. The Storm performed exactly as the OP described. I didn't realize it until you mentioned it but now that never happens.

Your solution: Close out of other programs. Saves app memory too.
    04-04-09 10:30 AM
    This problem has been around since .75 and has varied with some off the leaks being sensitive while others being sluggish when you pressed the BB key. You can fix this problem by going to Options> Screen/Keyboard and then changing the Key Rate.

04-04-09 10:49 AM
    I to have noticed this problem. I thought it was just part of the OS. Which just might be a bug.
    04-04-09 10:53 AM
    This problem has been around since .75 and has varied with some off the leaks being sensitive while others being sluggish when you pressed the BB key. You can fix this problem by going to Options> Screen/Keyboard and then changing the Key Rate.

Heh. Changed my keyrate from Fast to Medium Fast and it seems to have fixed this problem. Thank you!
    04-04-09 10:58 AM

Good tip. I believe that fixed it!
    Changed to medium slow.
    Was this in .75?

04-04-09 11:04 AM
    Good tip. I believe that fixed it!
    Changed to medium slow.
    Was this in .75?

Yes, the Key Rate option was there in .75 and kind of goes unnoticed by many until they start to have this type of problem.

04-04-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD