So, I bought my Storm about a year ago and haven't updated it...once. Needless to say, it's pretty slow. Well, my computer with my Device Manager crashed and now I reinstalled the stuff from the CD onto my laptop, and don't recognize or know how to use the VZAccess Manager. So my question to you is: How/where do I download the v5.something update on my Storm that's still running the core operating system? Thanks!
    01-17-10 12:35 AM
    Download the latest Desktop Manager (cd or blackberry.com)

Once you get all the updates, open up DM and plug in your BB. You should be prompted that an updated OS is available for your phone.

Hope that's the answer you were looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 01:12 AM
    i suggest you update using apploader instead of desktop manager since with the new version, i asks for a subscription with blackberry service
    01-17-10 01:18 AM
    vz access manager is NOT what you're looking for -- that's for tethering your phone as a modem.

uninstall that, and the use the OTHER CD to install desktop tools. Or just go to BlackBerry® Software Updates and click on desktop software, or even just Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and download it from their site.
    01-17-10 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD