Let's face it biz has been better... Our sales are off way off lately... Clients late paying, waiting for p.o. approvals.

I sometimes distract myself with a text to a bud or check a score in a ballgame or the weather 10day.. Etc, etc. It helps me get thru the day as a pleasant diversion.

Ne1 else use their Storm as a distraction during the current economic malaise? Or maybe its productivity as a multifuntion device is making a difference in ur day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 08:01 PM
    Not sure that "its helping with the recession" as I spend near $500 for the damn thing.

but yes, I love to play games on it, surf the web. show my boss why he should have one while waiting on customers to take their thumb outta their ***
    03-14-09 08:06 PM
    Which games?
    That's funny abt ur boss

03-14-09 08:22 PM
    boss rides motorcycles, its good to be able to mark roads with BB or Google maps. He is jealous as ****!!

games, sadly I really don't have many. I have shown him the guitar tuner to make him jealous. word mole is as addictive as crack!!!! spend most of my time on the web. even showed the boss (a EMT on the side) some cool sites to show what hazardous material the markers on tankers mean as well as how to treat it. I'll have him geared up with a BB and on crackberry looking for apps in no time.
    Last edited by sinfuldragon; 03-14-09 at 08:43 PM.
    03-14-09 08:41 PM
    tell him about the bb bogo, that's what got me in on my first berry phone.
    03-14-09 09:53 PM
    I bought mine specifically to make more money. By being able to receive emails and being able to log into websites I can accept work orders that I would have otherwise missed. It has already paid for itself many times over. GPS and Google Maps add to my productivity as well as I have to drive around a lot.
    03-14-09 10:13 PM
    yeah ever since I got mine my email productivity has really increased. I can stay in contact with the clients a lot more often (as in ALL the time). Usually thats a good thing but sometimes its not.
    03-14-09 10:24 PM
    Entertained yes... My wallet not so much

03-14-09 11:12 PM
    No, it's not helping. I'm out of work and yet I keep buying more stuff for the Storm! Plus I'm spending more time on CB than I am looking for another job...lol! Oh yeah, and I bought a second Storm.
    03-14-09 11:14 PM
    Phone has kept me productive and its nice to play games and surf the web when I'm out and about and not working. I think crackberry is more of a distraction when I'm in the office thought.
    03-14-09 11:18 PM
    kinda..business has increased since ive owner it..but i doubt id blame it on the phone...it very fun though
    03-15-09 12:29 AM
    love it, helped through rough times....no. cost more money on phone bill....yes. Worth it.....ABSOLUTLY
    03-15-09 06:42 AM
    yea im always on email, sms and web, always

i dont play the games so i uninstalled them, along with all the other crap that i dont use
    03-15-09 08:07 AM
    The only thing I have to be diligent abt is alwys making sure my electronic buddy is always charged. I went 2 sleep last night w/o plugging in my storm and now I find myself this morning surfing the storm forum from my gf's curve...

03-15-09 11:56 AM
    Well, since I paid nearly full price for it, plus adding the data plan to my phone and mobile wireless (brings me up to $133 per month), it hasn't been too good for a recessionary budget. But, it has made my work life so much easier that it's worth it to me. I'm going to see if I can dump the wireless plan and tether my BB. I need that to be very reliable and fast. Even the VZ access has been slow at times and I'm not willing for it to be any slower. I guess I still don't trust the Storm enough...
    03-15-09 12:31 PM
    storm makes me happy. so it's helping.
    03-15-09 02:32 PM
    You use the 10-day weather forecast to distract yourself from poor economic news? Hah .
    03-15-09 03:19 PM
    I am still waiting for the Obama Administration to bail everyone out, especially the iPhone users, with free Storm for everyone and free unlimited data plan. One nation, one phone. Talk about unifying the country.
    03-15-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD