I have had my Storm since about the first week of December. I have never really had to much of an issue with the screen click issues, however now that I have been using my Storm pretty heavily for almost 4 months, and using a couple of much newer Storms that my friends have, I am realizing that typing on my screen is not as good as it should be - especially around the edges.

With my Storm being almost 4 months old, I am just wondering if you beleive there is any chance that I could get Verizon to exchange it for a new one for me (not a refurb...)? I suspect that it would have been a lot easier to do in the first 30 days, however I am wondering if the one year warranty or the fact that I do carry the insurance should come into play.

I appreciate any thoughts you might have.
    03-28-09 06:46 AM
    In my opinion your phone is fine and they will not replace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 06:52 AM
    i would try one of the various "click fixes" people have posted over the months...ive seen good responses to quite a few of them
    03-28-09 07:22 AM
    They aren't going to give u another one unless something like the screen completely stops working and it a manufacture defect.

The click of the screen on yours isn't going to be like a brand new one but that's because of normal weare and tear.

Does it still work but just not like u want it to? Also it sounds like u have Insurance. Just pay the deductible and get a new one.

Why do ppl have issues with referbs? They go thru more testing the new ones and are 100% gaurenteed ti work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:44 AM
    I have had my Storm since about the first week of December. I have never really had to much of an issue with the screen click issues, however now that I have been using my Storm pretty heavily for almost 4 months, and using a couple of much newer Storms that my friends have, I am realizing that typing on my screen is not as good as it should be - especially around the edges.

With my Storm being almost 4 months old, I am just wondering if you beleive there is any chance that I could get Verizon to exchange it for a new one for me (not a refurb...)? I suspect that it would have been a lot easier to do in the first 30 days, however I am wondering if the one year warranty or the fact that I do carry the insurance should come into play.

I appreciate any thoughts you might have.
    Verizon's policy (after 30 days) is that you will get whatever is in stock with refurbs as a priority (meaning there is a 99% chance you will get a refurb).

Hope that helps.
    Paul
    03-28-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD