Just got an email from our friends at Verizon... Subject: Your BlackBerry Storm Order is Being Processed

And it has absolutly no info in the email regaurding the actuall status or when it might ship. Why even sent a email if your not going to include any info I dont get it.

FYI I ordered my storm 1130pm Mt Time sat Nov 22
    11-27-08 08:15 PM
    I ordered a few hours before you, got my e-mail yesterday. A bit more information would have been nice from the Big Red!
    11-27-08 08:36 PM
    I got the same email and a tracking info email came later that same day. I bet your Storm has or will ship very soon.
    11-27-08 08:37 PM
    I got that email also.. the wierd part was that I took shipment of my storm that same day... are they shipping me another one? BONUS ;D
    11-27-08 08:46 PM
    I ordered mine at corporate store Sunday (just a few hours after you) and I contacted VZW and this is the Email I got back: not much help but I feel you will be in the same boats

Dear xxxxx,
    Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Cynthia, and I am happy to assist you with your concerns regarding your order status for your new Blackberry Storm. We appreciate your business and want to ensure you are satisfied with our products and services.

Mr. xxxxx, after review of your account, I show your order was processed on 11/23/08, but is pending shipping. Orders where payment was taken on and after 11/22 will ship no later than 12/08/08. Your order number is 0000xxxxx. Your Fed Ex tracking information will be available no later than 12/08/08. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope the information I have provided was helpful and addressed your concerns. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to continue as your wireless service provider. Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
    Cynthia

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    11-27-08 08:46 PM
    I got that email also.. the wierd part was that I took shipment of my storm that same day... are they shipping me another one? BONUS ;D

I guess it was being processed
    11-27-08 08:52 PM
    I got the same email and a tracking info email came later that same day. I bet your Storm has or will ship very soon.

What day & time did you order?
    11-27-08 08:53 PM
    I haven't received anything about my order being processed. And I ordered mine 11/21 and my credit card was charged the same day. I'm feeling as if my order got lost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 09:04 PM
    I haven't received anything about my order being processed. And I ordered mine 11/21 and my credit card was charged the same day. I'm feeling as if my order got lost.

Unfortunately, if your order got processed after 2 PM on 11/21 your order wouldnt be shipped out until the second wave of shipments which would be on 12/8. I placed my order on 11/21 also and got my phone yesterday, and my order confirmation email came yesterday about 2 hours before fed ex dropped off the phone lol...it seems that they really werent ready to handle the amount of orders that they were getting that day being that the systems crashed for a few hours and a lot of peoples orders got delayed. I ordered mine at about 11:30 AM on the 21st and I think I just barely made the cutoff because at the time I ordered, there was already a system crash
    11-27-08 09:10 PM

Thats stranges... I ordered mine on line and added a line to my account (family plan) with in 10 minutes of placing the order I received a email "Sales Confirmation Verizon Wireless, Order 3150xxxx" (with an order number)

and the only other email I got was that useless one...
    11-27-08 09:15 PM
    Unfortunately, if your order got processed after 2 PM on 11/21 your order wouldnt be shipped out until the second wave of shipments which would be on 12/8. I placed my order on 11/21 also and got my phone yesterday, and my order confirmation email came yesterday about 2 hours before fed ex dropped off the phone lol...it seems that they really werent ready to handle the amount of orders that they were getting that day being that the systems crashed for a few hours and a lot of peoples orders got delayed. I ordered mine at about 11:30 AM on the 21st and I think I just barely made the cutoff because at the time I ordered, there was already a system crash
    Not sure if that's entirely true. Verizon has been saying 12/8 at the LATEST, giving the impression that it'll probably be significantly earlier than that.

I'm curious, though...has ANYONE who ordered after the 21st gotten their phones yet?

It's really annoying, because I was at my local Verizon store on the 21st at like 12 noon and the salesman was like "Oh, don't worry about it, we'll have plenty of phones on Monday or Tuesday, no need to order it right now." Ugh!
    11-27-08 09:17 PM
    I got the same email and then about 6 hours later I got another email (Your Verizon Wireless Shipment Notification) with the FedEx tracking. I Ordered mine on 22nd in the afternoon sometime.
    11-27-08 09:18 PM
    Not sure if that's entirely true. Verizon has been saying 12/8 at the LATEST, giving the impression that it'll probably be significantly earlier than that.

I'm curious, though...has ANYONE who ordered after the 21st gotten their phones yet?

It's really annoying, because I was at my local Verizon store on the 21st at like 12 noon and the salesman was like "Oh, don't worry about it, we'll have plenty of phones on Monday or Tuesday, no need to order it right now." Ugh!
    Agreed - the email i posted and my conversation with a rep leads me to believe that 12/08 is the drop dead date and i would not be suprised to get it sometime in the coming week although I did notice the VZW has updated their site saying anyone ordering now will be shipped no later than 12/11
    11-27-08 09:23 PM
    I received the same email on Wednesday but I received my phone by Fed ex on Tuesday! What is going on?
    11-27-08 09:24 PM
    I received the same email yesterday morning. Then about six hours later I received an email stating my Storm had shipped along with Fed Ex Tracking info. I ordered mine 11/21.
    11-27-08 09:32 PM
    I received the email at 10:48 am (EST) on Wednesday. BUT .... I already have received my Storms on Monday!

The Storm is obviously blowing Verizon away. It seems they under anticipated the demand for it.
    11-27-08 09:38 PM
    I am not too sure that the sent email means anything. I have had my Storm in hand for two days now and I also received the email. I eould not get my hopes up.

11-27-08 09:40 PM
    The funny thing is I knew nothing about the Storm... I have been wanting a blackberry for about a year now and the other night I was just like fine... I am going to get one. So I go on to verizon saturday night and see the newest one is the Storm, I was like cool man...

So I order this thing and I had no idea it came out. I wish I had, cuz I would have ordered it days before. The worse part is I decided to take the plunge and now I have to wait

I did call and the nice woman that answered ran a check and she said that mine would be comming out of the west wharehouse and that I was like four I the list I have a hard time believing that :lol: She also said mine should ship the 28th over night...

do they do Saturday deliveries?

We shale see
    11-27-08 09:47 PM
    I ordered my phone instore on 11/21 and have yet to receive any emails... but ive been told everything from my phone has already shipped, they just dont have the tracking # to my phone wont ship until the 15th... so I dont know where I stand..
    11-27-08 10:45 PM
    Woo Hoo!! Just received my Storm a few minutes ago. I guess I know what I'll be doing all day
    11-28-08 09:28 AM
    I ordered through Verizon online on 11/21 around 10am. The charge showed up on my card shortly after. Got a confirmation email with all my sales info at 10:53am on 11/21. Another email came at 7:30pm with shipment notification. Another email at 8:27pm stating my order has been shipped and this email included my new verizon telephone number. My phone arrived via Fedex on Monday 11/24 between 2:30 and 3pm.
    11-28-08 09:42 AM
    I ordered mine in store on the 22nd. And as of right now, I have gotten nothing. No emails, nada.
    11-28-08 09:56 AM
    I ordered 8:30am EST on 11/21. On 11/25 I finally got the email saying " Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days." ... now I called today 11/28 and the rep says it's backordered and it should ship out by 12/8.

WTF ... others who ordered after me got theirs already. On top of that, they already charged my card as of 11/22. So they'll have $250 of my money for 2 weeks before I even get a product. UNACCEPTABLE.

Stupid Verizon ...
    11-28-08 10:05 AM
    I got the e-mail Wednesday and I called Verizon and the guy told me that Friday/Saturday of this week is when the second wave of shipments would be going out for all that ordered and received the "order processing" e-mail.
    11-28-08 10:10 AM
    [QUOTE=Tarrant1701;1064973]I ordered 8:30am EST on 11/21. On 11/25 I finally got the email saying " Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days." ... now I called today 11/28 and the rep says it's backordered and it should ship out by 12/8.

WTF ... others who ordered after me got theirs already. On top of that, they already charged my card as of 11/22. So they'll have $250 of my money for 2 weeks before I even get a product. UNACCEPTABLE.

Stupid Verizon ...[/QUOTE
    it sounds like to me that they didnt get your order processed till Sat 11/22 if your card was charged then. If they got it in on the 21st your card woulda been charged then. I would call back and see if you can get some sort of credit due to the delay. I heard that they were crediting some peoples account that ordered on the 21st but missed out on the first wave of shipments due to system problems
    11-28-08 10:18 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD